Rumor: Henry to the Cowboys could be real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When it's time for the Cowboys to make their solution on a RB candidate to join the team, I think they'll look to the draft to make their decision.
In doing so, they'll get the most generous contribution, in terms of the number of years, to expect ongoing service from their candidates.:thumbup:
It largely depends upon getting the very most "bang for their bucks," which is something precious to the Dallas FO of Jerry and Stephen. :grin:

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
When it's time for the Cowboys to make their solution on a RB candidate to join the team, I think they'll look to the draft to make their decision.
In doing so, they'll get the most generous contribution, in terms of the number of years, to expect ongoing service from their candidates.:thumbup:
This year's FA class (plus teams spending high capital at RB in last year's draft) may drive down the price for the likes of Henry/Jacobs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This year's FA class (plus teams spending high capital at RB in last year's draft) may drive down the price for the likes of Henry/Jacobs.
I don't doubt it might have that effect but the cost and years of play may likely be more tempting to take an NFL draftee.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fact....we will sign a free-agent RB. This guy is at the top of my list. Pair him with a rookie ( Brooks ) and :dance:

Remember Stephen Jones said before the draft last year they were looking for a big/powerful RB.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/door-creeps-open-cowboys-sign-derrick-henry-free-agency-01hrfva3w2a8

Door creeps open for Cowboys to sign Derrick Henry thanks to Dallas radio host​

Seemingly the entire NFL has kept busy shuffling its roster before the new league year. The Dallas Cowboys, meanwhile, have kept a low-profile as the dawn of free agency approaches. Could the lack of activity be setting the stage for the Cowboys to take a big swing in the free agent frenzy? We wouldn't get our hopes up, but Derrick Henry to the Cowboys suddenly has wheels out of nowhere.

The speculation kicked off on Thursday after Henry purchased a home in Dallas. Henry trains in Dallas during the offseason and already had a home in the area, so this hardly meant anything in terms of Henry's free agency.

For obvious reasons, though, news of Henry's investment has crazed an already-fidgety fan base. Call it ironic timing, but Jeff Cavanaugh of 97.1 The Freak in Dallas believes Henry to the Cowboys has legitimate legs.

Cowboys Rumors: Derrick Henry to Dallas is a real possibility​

Cavanaugh did some digging after a picture of Henry with a Dallas realtor after his purchase circulated on social media. Cavanaugh didn't make much of the photo, but heard from a source to "not write that off" in terms of the Cowboys signing Henry.

could very well be. I think his jersey's will out sell Pollards, so this has real possibility.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Why do people yearn for these washed up RBs. I would be fine with him on a cheap deal as the #2 RB other than that he needs to come complete with a time machine set for 2018.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why do people yearn for these washed up RBs. I would be fine with him on a cheap deal as the #2 RB other than that he needs to come complete with a time machine set for 2018.
Guy had 1000 yards with no QB or OL play.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't think Henry is the answer in Dallas. He is not a cut back style RB and that is what Dallas really needs, at least until the OL improve.

But, if they were really all in, then signing him to a 1 year deal would be the move we could expect.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
30 year old RB seems about right , let's give him a 5 year deal.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we're getting Zeke back. Jerry is putting the band back together.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.