Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

Eskimo

Reaction score
Most of that information sounds unbelievably stupid. I really hope the FO isn't thinking about 70% of those moves.

I agree with OG and CB in the first two rounds. You don't pass of All-Pro talents and DeCastro could be just that at OG. It is a deep CB draft so I like the idea of picking one up in the second.

I really hate the idea of going after Forte or DJax in FA since RB/WR are strengths and there is no reason to overpay for those players.

I'd be happy to draft a QB to groom behind Romo but I still think it is a year too early do it. If there is a clear BPA then go ahead as they can be valuable trade chips later on. Garrett seems to have good QB instincts.

poost

Reaction score
I think anything said about free agency and the draft at this point should be taken with a mountain of salt.

wood28

Reaction score
Eskimo;4340494 said:
Most of that information sounds unbelievably stupid. I really hope the FO isn't thinking about 70% of those moves.

I agree with OG and CB in the first two rounds. You don't pass of All-Pro talents and DeCastro could be just that at OG. It is a deep CB draft so I like the idea of picking one up in the second.

I really hate the idea of going after Forte or DJax in FA since RB/WR are strengths and there is no reason to overpay for those players.

I'd be happy to draft a QB to groom behind Romo but I still think it is a year too early do it. If there is a clear BPA then go ahead as they can be valuable trade chips later on. Garrett seems to have good QB instincts.

THIS! thankyou.

fffiasco

Reaction score
By moving Smith to LT and Free to RT, adding Nicks and drafting Decastro. Our line can become elite in one offseason if Decastro can perform right away.

Reaction score
cowboyschmps3;4340515 said:
LaMichael JAmes

WE DO NO NEED ANOTHER SKILLED POSITION PLAYER

We need to get better in the trenches. Murray will obviously be back next season and we saw what he could do (Nearly 900 yards rushing in only 8 starts) and Felix who is a great change of pace back. We are set @ runninback.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I got lost when it said the Cowboys will push for Matt Forte and Desean Jackson. Righhhhtt.........What pay site is this is robbing fellow fans?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4340481 said:
Only way we go after ******an Jackson is if we lose Robinson which I don't see happening. We don't need any more skilled position players we need to get better in the trenches.

I don't even see us doing that. Even if we lost Robinson I see us signing a cheaper replacement or going with Holley or Ogletree over overpaying for Desean.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4340527 said:
Some people just don't get the message so you gotta make it as clear as you can!

You oughta take a look at Bill Simmon's article on the 12 days of basketball, especially Day 13. He has a blurb on what a trade of Kobe to the Knicks could have done for his career and the NBA as a whole. Found it intriguing.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Some people just don't get the message so you gotta make it as clear as you can!

its a message board.. not everyone is going to agree with you. No need to scream your opinions from the mountaintop.. its not going to effect what everyone thinks.

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4340531 said:
its a message board.. not everyone is going to agree with you. No need to scream your opinions from the mountaintop.. its not going to effect what everyone thinks.

Yeah I get all that, but I don't know how anyone or why anyone would want us to draft a RB early when that's a strength rather than try to fix one of our holes.

risco

Reaction score
dboy214;4340455 said:
took this from another (paid) website...the poster has history of posting accurate inside info about dfw/texas sports so i'll repost here.

Sounds like this guy is not informed- or maybe missed a couple recent meetings.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dboy214;4340455 said:
took this from another (paid) website...the poster has history of posting accurate inside info about dfw/texas sports so i'll repost here.

I have no idea of the veracity of the info that the poster offered this time, but I can tell you that his early draft philosophy looks a lot like mine keeps coming up when I work on it...

My favorites in the first are OG David DeCastro, OG Cordy Glenn and CB Chase Minnifield... there are a couple-three others that I like pretty well too, but those three are my top choices... I think any of them could step in and start for the Boys next season... I particularly think that Minnifield is going to be a very good pro ( live about 80 miles from Charlottesville, and get to see a lot of the Cavs on TV)...

In the second, those favorites include FS Markelle Martin, C Ben Jones, CB Coryell Judie or OG Kevin Zeitler... if Peter Konz's health issues cause him to fall to the 2nd, as some are speculating it might, I'd find it a lot easier to take a chance on him with a second rounder rather than a first...

That's 3 DBs, and 4 interior OL that I'd target in the first 2 rounds... you could go with DeCastro or Glenn in the first, then Martin or Judie in the second... or you could go with Minnifield in the first, then Jones or Zeitler in the second... either scenario would work just fine for me, but given that Minnifield is one of my pet cats, the second scenario seems to me to offer the best value...

I can say that I'd like it if Griffin wound up a Cowboy this offseason... he'd certainly shore up the safety situation...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score

What you need to realize is that stupid thoughts don't get smarter just because you put them in big fonts... and if the thought being expressed isn't stupid, there's really no need to "shout"...

ufcrules1

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4340469 said:
Matt Forte makes negative sense, we've already got two good backs. Why pay top dollar for a third?

We can get rid of Felix. Matt Forte is a MEGA stud!

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
loublue22;4340458 said:
Don't see the point on wasting a high pick on a non-elite QB prospect just on the off-chance he might turn into something

Wait a couple years, do your best to give Romo everything you can in the meantime, and take one in the first round when he's only got a year or two left.

You make a good point, except, can you name all the quarterbacks that played for the Cowboys between Aikman and Romo. The Cowboys had no one ready to take Aikman's place, even though it was quite evident he was at the end of his career.

While JJ has a pretty poor record of hitting on mid to late round draft picks, one has to hope Garrett and Ryan can bring some success there also.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4340588 said:
We can get rid of Felix. Matt Forte is a MEGA stud!
He also will want to get MEGA paid. It is not going to happen.