RUMOR: NEW Roy Williams Update DET WR

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
zrinkill;1911993 said:
Those teams were a combined 2-4 against us ......

And both loses came after we hit the injury bug.

well zrin, i gotta admit i wonder now why i was discussing things with someone who uses the Commanders as a measure of the 'right' move.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;1911863 said:
I don't know how good of a fit WR Roy Williams would be in Dallas. Roy is very much like Terrell Owens is that he's very physical at the LOS but doesn't have great deep speed. Now, if we can get a 2nd round pick for Roy and THEN draft WR DeSean Jackson for our deep threat, I would foam at the mouth!!!

he's not slow, 4.45 40, but he is a long-strider, very much in the same mold as Randy Moss

if the rumor is true, do it Jerry, don't even think

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg;1911994 said:
well zrin, i gotta admit i wonder now why i was discussing things with someone who uses the Commanders as a measure of the 'right' move.

I love Cloves game day play by play.

I just do not know were he is going with this argument of matching up with the Giants,Commanders, and Pack.

They should be much more worried about us.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1911913 said:
Because it's true. What's overboard with it?

When he has his sights set on something he goes gets it at any cost. That can be good, but it also can be a bad thing.

He did it with Joey Galloway, paying the top price possible (2 #1 picks). He did it when reaching for QC. Just today he did it to keep Garrett here.

When he did it for Joey he said he wanted to guarantee we got him. If he really wants Roy Williams, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go overboard again to get him. It's what he does.

retaining Garrett wasn't a knee-jerk reaction, my friend, 2 struggling teams wanted him to be their identity as HC

RxMan

Reaction score
iceberg;1911975 said:
i believe terry glenn just signed an extension recently.

Dallas Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn signed a five-year, $20 million contract extension Monday.
s3515.jpg
[SIZE=-2]Glenn[/SIZE]
Glenn's new contract, which runs through 2010 and replaces a previous contract that had one year remaining, comes just more than a week after Terrell Owens signed a three-year, $25 million deal with the Cowboys.

so if we lose glenn what do we lose capwise? just curious as to what "not a big deal" is. i was wondering about cutting glenn or if he can't come back but we need to hope he can at the $ we take.

It depends on what the signing bonus was. The remaining prorated bonus counts as a chunk in one year. Unless released after June 1 then it is over 2 years. So a $10 million bonus on a 5 year contract with 3 years left would be a $6 million hit.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bob Sacamano;1911998 said:
retaining Garrett wasn't a knee-jerk reaction, my friend, 2 struggling teams wanted him to be their identity as HC

Now I do understand exactly were Bach is coming from ..... he just looks for any thread to badmouth Jerry in .....

and if the thread is not going that direction ...... he will hijack it till it does.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1911998 said:

I didn't say it was. I was just referring to the price he paid to keep him. Not saying it's a bad thing to keep him, because I'd prefer he stayed here as OC.

But the point is, Jerry will overpay for things when he really wants something.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well, message boards are never reliable so no one will know.

dannyboy

Reaction score
RxMan;1911999 said:
It depends on what the signing bonus was. The remaining prorated bonus counts as a chunk in one year. Unless released after June 1 then it is over 2 years. So a $10 million bonus on a 5 year contract with 3 years left would be a $6 million hit.

It was a $2 million signing bonus and a $5 million roster bonus. If he gets released, I assume we would get roughly a $4 million dollar cap hit

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I keep telling you all this is going to happen. Said it way back in September and I'm saying it again. He's coming.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I most certainly believe they are only asking for a 2nd rounder.

One...he will not sign there
two...he will only sign for a texas team (or so say the reports)

So detroit really doesn't have alot of options. Nobody gives away 1st round draft picks anymore (except the skins).

A second sounds about right for him.

Jerry said somethign interesting on the ticket the other day, he said "We could use a draft pick to trade for a player"............ when he was discussing the future. To me, that said Roy WIlliams.

I would be surprised if he weren't a Cowboy by the draft.

I'm sure Detroit would like a higher 2nd round pick than what we have, but still. Give a 2nd and a 7th, and I'd be doing cartwheels.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1912041 said:
I keep telling you all this is going to happen. Said it way back in September and I'm saying it again. He's coming.

I agree.......I've been saying it as well...I'd give either #1 pick for him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;1912041 said:

:pray:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Hostile;1912041 said:

yeah, but you kept saying it would be a our Roy Williams,Spears and Carp for thier Roy Williams.

We tried to tell you that wasn't feasable, but you wouldn't listen.:laugh1:

ddh33

Reaction score
You'd have to think you'd be getting more of a sure thing than a draft pick since WR busts more than any other position.

You're also getting a legit #1 to help you once TO leaves in a couple of years.

Romo would have the weapons that superstar QBs have, and you would still have enough ammo to deal with other needs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1912051 said:
yeah, but you kept saying it would be a our Roy Williams,Spears and Carp for thier Roy Williams.

We tried to tell you that wasn't feasable, but you wouldn't listen.:laugh1:
Yeah right, I've mentioned even one of those players in a trade...ever.

:wink2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
guys on roy williams as wr for detriot, he is listed at 6-2 1/2 about 220 with 4.44 speed, thats pretty deep speed for a wr, but beware, if you remember he had some kind of knee or ankle injury. So, the Lions maybe trying to unload williams due to some aggravating injury that may bother him rest of his career.

second, dont get me wrong, i would love for shawn rogers here, but remember when we were playing them last year, and they were stuffing us, but on last offensive plays for the cowboys, rogers was on sideline out of breath, breathing hard, your star defensive player should be on the field that last plays or so.

however, i did find this out too, what i would say for the cowboys, if they can make a trade with say some team that has 2 # 2 in second round, we could trade our late 29th pick down, not too far down, and pick up 2 # 2 and possibly a 4th or 5th thrown in, then with one of those # 2 pick or then trade our # 2 pick which is about the 6oth pick, but we would have 3 picks in first top 50, to get some good players, plus getting roy williams if he is healthy, but he has been injury prone in detroit, something is up with that.

so has shawn rogers, so be careful, but check it out,

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If that is true it tells you Furrey and Shaun McDonald are more coveted to Lions -

Pass

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;1912111 said:
If that is true it tells you Furrey and Shaun McDonald are more coveted to Lions -

Pass
One of these days you might actually understand salary cap management.

:rolleyes:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Nors;1912111 said:
Actually it tells you they don't want to/can't afford to pay him when they have a #2 overall already making huge money at the same position.

I sure hope you're right, Hos. I just can't believe they'd take a second rounder. How about Greg Ellis? :D