RUMOR: NEW Roy Williams Update DET WR

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;1912144 said:
no kidding.

We will need ellis.

thats all we need is to lose 45-42 next year because teams just block ware again.

Roy williams would be a good get, but he will be expensive and he is always nursing an injury.

and I would not give up a 1 for him, I just dont think you can do that. Moss was sent for a 4 so you have to use that for some negotiating point.

Actually, I meant that I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Normally, I hate WRs like the plague. They to me are like kickers are to Hos. I hate their whiny, egocentric, primadonna arses. But Roy is one I really like. He's outrageously talented but he's a nice, low-key, polite kind of guy. I was never an Ellis basher, but he's whining again -- and most of all, I think Spencer is a player.

This would have Bigg Part II written all over it.

But I'm not gonna think about it or I'll just get frustrated.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
This thread is funny. the level headed vs. the ignorant.

If all they want is a second, do it.

Ah yes, lets model ourselves after the Commanders. :rolleyes:

Our Roy is staying, so you might as well root for the guy and hope for the best.

If you ask me Jerry as done a damn fine job the past couple of years.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I think had Troy and Joey stayed healthy, that tandem would have been dynamic, and the trade would have been nice. JMO of course.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silverbear;1912146 said:
It's as predictable as the Usual Suspects using this thread to take yet another tired shot at our Roy Williams...

With Bach, you could say "good morning", and he'd reply "Jerry sucks"... with the Usual Suspects, you could say "pass the biscuits", and they'd reply "we've gotta get rid of Roy"...

:muttley:

RW31

Reaction score
I know some guy that says the Chargers wanna get rid of Cromartie. He said they're looking for a 6th round pick. I say do it!!!1

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1911941 said:
If they trade for Williams I doubt seriously they'll go after someone like Jackson in the draft...

You're probably right..but how great would it be to have that group of WR's? T.O. isn't getting any younger. When Owens retires, Roy can move into the #1 spot and hopefully by then DeSean Jackson will be ready for the #2 role

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;1912367 said:
You're probably right..but how great would it be to have that group of WR's? T.O. isn't getting any younger. When Owens retires, Roy can move into the #1 spot and hopefully by then DeSean Jackson will be ready for the #2 role

Not to mention an actual punt returner.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Doesn't WR Roy got a gigantic salary this year? Like in the 10s of millions? I know you won't take the prorated signing bonus (saving some money on the cap) but you will take his salary.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
firehawk350;1912398 said:
Doesn't WR Roy got a gigantic salary this year? Like in the 10s of millions? I know you won't take the prorated signing bonus (saving some money on the cap) but you will take his salary.

i thought it was around 4 mil but i could be wrong

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Why does anyone want a WR that a team is giving up on early?

See Mike Williams case in point. If Furrey and McDonald are better, ask why?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1912448 said:

Go Bledsoe!

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Nors;1912448 said:

they want to move him because of the money they are paying calvin

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This is the whole Drew Henson overhype syndrum. Lets mine the next Welker, Furrey, McDonald and not overpay for pedigree misguided.

Hurd is a major prospect on our doorstep.

noletime95

Reaction score
Nors;1912448 said:

Detroit simply knows they can't sign Roy Williams after drafting C. Johnson.......and they know he wants to go to Texas next year anyway.......so they are getting what they can now since its not like they are a contender next yr anyway

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1912450 said:
Go Bledsoe!

Bledsoe puts up enough points to beat a depleted Seahags and Giants secondary on the big stage - he's retired and not in play anymore

back to topic, why do we want a WR bust so bad here?

Nexx

Reaction score
Nors;1912455 said:
This is the whole Drew Henson overhype syndrum. Lets mine the next Welker, Furrey, McDonald and not overpay for pedigree misguided.

Hurd is a major prospect on our doorstep.

if you think Hurd is a major prospet, you have no business in talent evaluation.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;1912452 said:
they want to move him because of the money they are paying calvin

No teams keep the players they want AND NEED.

Furrey, McDonald

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TheSport78;1911915 said:
Dallas WR's in 08': Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, DeSean Jackson, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd

People are giving up on TG too early. If you had a normal, healthy TG, a healthy TO and the rest back including Stanback who they are high on, then they don't have to get another WR. I think JJ will go after one if he can despite that though.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nors;1912458 said:
Bledsoe puts up enough points to beat a depleted Seahags and Giants secondary on the big stage

So you believe that Bledsoe would have won those playoff games?

:lmao:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1912458 said:
Bledsoe puts up enough points to beat a depleted Seahags and Giants secondary on the big stage - he's retired and not in play anymore
:laugh2:

back to topic, why do we want a WR bust so bad here?

Mike Williams is a bust, Roy on the other hand, I don't think so.

Detroit is like a blackhole, especially for receivers. I think he could shine with another team.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Regarding Ellis....

He is with the team next year. I mean, realistically, right now, our only two legitimate pass rushers are Ware and Ellis. Spencer has potential, but as of now, that potential hasn't been realized.

Even if Spencer does have a breakout year next year, we will need Ellis anyway for depth and certain packages... God forbid an injury takes place too...

We have no one behind Spencer and Ware if we were to get rid of Ellis. And if Spencer doesn't break out, we are back to one legitimate pass rusher.

And seeing as how pass rushers tend to get paid pretty well in free agency...I doubt we can find a legitimate replacement for the salary of Ellis...

And if we drafted one, we'd have a rookie + Spencer....talk about putting your eggs in one basket (relying on unproven youngsters).

Ellis is with the team a minimum of one more year. And he should be.