RUMOR: NEW Roy Williams Update DET WR

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1912126 said:
Actually it tells you they don't want to/can't afford to pay him when they have a #2 overall already making huge money at the same position.

I sure hope you're right, Hos. I just can't believe they'd take a second rounder. How about Greg Ellis? :D
Funny you should mention that name...

;)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Don't even tease about the thought of getting Roy for Ellis, even with a pick thrown in... :mad:

(Yes, I'm that easy.)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1912138 said:
Don't even tease about the thought of getting Roy for Ellis, even with a pick thrown in... :mad:

(Yes, I'm that easy.)

no kidding.

We will need ellis.

thats all we need is to lose 45-42 next year because teams just block ware again.

Roy williams would be a good get, but he will be expensive and he is always nursing an injury.

and I would not give up a 1 for him, I just dont think you can do that. Moss was sent for a 4 so you have to use that for some negotiating point.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
iceberg;1911894 said:
it doesn't matter what the HELL the topic is does it - you gotta go bust on jones at any given or forced opportunity. and you wonder why people think you're WAY OVERBOARD with it.

It's as predictable as the Usual Suspects using this thread to take yet another tired shot at our Roy Williams...

With Bach, you could say "good morning", and he'd reply "Jerry sucks"... with the Usual Suspects, you could say "pass the biscuits", and they'd reply "we've gotta get rid of Roy"...

silverbear

Reaction score
iceberg;1911912 said:
again i bring up silly little things like salary cap....

Well, the one way we figure out who the football illiterates are in here is by identifying the ones who make ignorant trade proposals without bothering to take the salary cap into consideration...

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I think i'd change my mind about getting excited about next season...if we sign this roy williams....

T.O / Roy = TD explosion

silverbear

Reaction score
TheSport78;1911915 said:
Dallas WR's in 08': Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, DeSean Jackson, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd

Jackson will be off the board long before the Cowboys pick, as will Malcolm Kelly... more realistic options would include Adarius Bowman or Limas Sweed...

If the Cowboys even draft a WR early, after they trade for Roy Williams (keeping in the spirit of this thread)... there wouldn't be that great a need for spending a high draft pick on a WR if that was the case, I could certainly live with a top 4 of Owens, Williams, Crayton and Hurd...

silverbear

Reaction score
Clove;1911937 said:
It's time to get cute. We can't keep bringing in lower tier players and expect to go up against the NE's of the world. Get some fire power in here, get a blockbuster deal done Jerry. And little Jerry can figure out how to make the $$$$ work.

If the Deadskins can keep finding money, so can we.

Oh, by all means, let's emulate the Commanders' business model...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1912008 said:
I didn't say it was. I was just referring to the price he paid to keep him. Not saying it's a bad thing to keep him, because I'd prefer he stayed here as OC.

But the point is, Jerry will overpay for things when he really wants something.

true, but I wouldn't lump in the Joey Galloway trade w/ this, I don't think Jerry is about those knee-jerk, ridiculous reactions anymore

silverbear

Reaction score
Clove;1911946 said:
You're a real genius here, what do you suggest we do this offseason to beef up our team and prepare them for the upcoming teams like the Giants/Packers/deadskin, not to mention the dominant AFC teams?

Draft well, sign carefully selected free agents, perhaps a judicious trade...

But you do ALL of that with the salary cap in mind... so again, before you go talkin' about trading away Roy Williams, all because he's become your designated scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the Cowboys, then it is incumbent on you to at least research what kind of a cap hit such a move would result in...

So tell me, what kind of cap hit do the Cowboys incur if they trade Roy Williams?? You don't have the first clue, do you??

Until and unless you can answer that question, I'd go easy with insulting posters who CAN answer that question, because they'd clearly be closer to a "real genius" than you are...

silverbear

Reaction score
Clove;1911952 said:
Excuse me if I don't believe the hype. Every year they're supposed to be in cap hell, when are they going to pay for it? I see articles like this year after year.

And do you see them WINNING anything, doing things that way??

So why would you advocate that the Cowboys use the same failed approach as the Skins?? Are you some kind of Iggles or Giants fan??

Face it, Clove, in this argument you're wrong, and ice is right...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1912175 said:
Draft well, sign carefully selected free agents, perhaps a judicious trade...

But you do ALL of that with the salary cap in mind... so again, before you go talkin' about trading away Roy Williams, all because he's become your designated scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the Cowboys, then it is incumbent on you to at least research what kind of a cap hit such a move would result in...

So tell me, what kind of cap hit do the Cowboys incur if they trade Roy Williams?? You don't have the first clue, do you??

Until and unless you can answer that question, I'd go easy with insulting posters who CAN answer that question, because they'd clearly be closer to a "real genius" than you are...

ME! ME! I know

6 mil

silverbear

Reaction score
Clove;1911960 said:
BTW, I don't care if we trade Fraud Williams or not, that's just a name. You can give them Carp for all I care, I'd just like to get some more fire power for Romo to work with.

So excuse me if I'm interested in making our team dominate. Please forgive me.

Nothing wrong with playing armchair GM, we all do it... but if you're gonna play the game, you need to keep the rules of the game in mind, which means you have to factor in salary cap considerations...

This is precisely why it's so difficult for any teams to complete trades these days, especially player for player trades...

But basically, Roy is pretty much untradeable this year, and IIRC, next year too... you might hate that thought, but it seems to be reality, so you might wish to conform your expectations to that reality...

silverbear

Reaction score
David276;1911961 said:
to the guy arguing about the salary cap. we lose tg and flozell almost for sure it wouldnt be that big of a deal .

As an unrestricted free agent, losing Adams (which I surely hope doesn't happen) would not impact the salary cap one dime...

and you can almost directly trace jerrys "good decisions" to parcells being here then leaving.

Ahhh, here we go again with the revisionist history, all in the name of NEVER giving Jerry any credit for ANYTHING...

Well, Parcells wanted a big DT in the draft the year the Boys drafted Terence Newman... Parcells didn't want TO... and Parcells had NOTHING to do with the Boys signing Bigg Davis, or Ken Hamlin...

silverbear

Reaction score
Sarge;1912045 said:
I agree.......I've been saying it as well...I'd give either #1 pick for him.

You guys keep talkin' like this, and I'm gonna need a cold shower... :D

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1912168 said:
I don't think Jerry is about those knee-jerk, ridiculous reactions anymore

We'll find out soon. With both Bill and Ireland no longer around we'll see what happens with him in total control again and no strong voice in personnel dept.