News: Rumor on NFLN Murray not in Cowboys' future

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Other names to watch would be, in our estimation, Lions running back Mikel Leshoure, Saints running back Mark Ingram, and Raiders running backDarren McFadden. Leshoure and Ingram have gotten buried on their respective depth charts; McFadden is in the final year of his rookie deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/20/report-cowboys-could-trade-for-a-running-back/

I'd love to have McFadden, but I'd doubt the Raiders let him get away. But you never know.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Murray has been very good when healthy for us.. i wouldn't be surprised if this report was bs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They said there is "internal discussion" on Murray possibly not being the return starter next year and looking at possibilities for what to do.

If true I am glad the organization is looking at getting better there and not resting on it's laurels.

That would not surprise me.
He's a hard worker, a hard runner, a good guy, and a decent running back. But by now they have to feel he cannot counted on.

They really needed him in some big games in the past and didn't have him there, or had him only part of the game.

Although home division games are the more "must win" games, to somehow take a road divi on game today would have been (and still could be) huge.

Honestly, I was shocked when Eddie Lacy was still there when we were on the clock in the 2nd...and even more shocked when we took Gavin Escobar instead of either Lacy or more Oline or dline help.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He makes like 9 million dollars. There is no way to have him and I think the same is true of spiller who makes too much.

I would have no interest in McFadden he's a good back when healthy but he's missed more games than he's played due to repeated injuries. He only started 12 games his first 2 seasons due to injuries. His healthiest year was in 2010 when he only missed 3 games. In 2011 he missed 9 games due to an injury. In 2012 he missed 4 games with yet another injury. in his last 3 seasons he's rushed for less than 1600 yards. He's already missed one game this season with an injury.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
They said there is "internal discussion" on Murray possibly not being the return starter next year and looking at possibilities for what to do.

If true I am glad the organization is looking at getting better there and not resting on it's laurels.

I like the guy, but this is probably a year too late. THere were questions about health in college and his first two years echoed the concern.

Is Joseph Randle the guy? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe go draft yourself another RB next year.

Verdict

Reaction score
@Michael_Fabiano: Per @RapSheet, Cowboys no longer sold on DeMarco Murray as their franchise RB. Watch them at the trade deadline. -> CJ Spiller, maybe?

I think this is a lot more of an indictment of Randle, Dunbar and Tanner than it is Murray. You should be able to get a couple of games out of them while Murray is out. Right now I would say that Randle is the rookie from this class that looks the most suspect. I'm not sure he will stick around long. I liked the pick, but he hasn't looked very good so far.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I would have no interest in McFadden he's a good back when healthy but he's missed more games than he's played due to repeated injuries. He only started 12 games his first 2 seasons due to injuries. His healthiest year was in 2010 when he only missed 3 games. In 2011 he missed 9 games due to an injury. In 2012 he missed 4 games with yet another injury. in his last 3 seasons he's rushed for less than 1600 yards. He's already missed one game this season with an injury.

Well the point of the matter is DMac just has more talent than Murray. They are both injury prone, so I would rather take the guy with the most upside, and thats DMac.

That said, the Raiders would want alot for him, so I don't see it happening.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Fwiw mike fisher said he was told by the highest source this is complete horse crap.

most of fishers stuff is also so who knows.

It seems like the local reporters get pretty upset when someone else breaks a story, kinda like when the sideline reporter said that Ratliff wouldn't play another down for the Cowboys.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me. He isn't the most efficient runner. He is really boom or bust. If we can find someone who maybe isn't as good, but at least is more consistent and has a nose for the endzone, I'd be happy.

If we could work out a new salary, I'd make the trade for MJD.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well the point of the matter is DMac just has more talent than Murray. They are both injury prone, so I would rather take the guy with the most upside, and thats DMac.

That said, the Raiders would want alot for him, so I don't see it happening.

McFadden has more talent than Murray but he misses more games plus he hasn't been all that impressive when he's been on the field the last 2 seasons. Last season he only averaged 3.3 a carry and this season he's only averaging 3.9 a carry. That's way down from his 5.4 per carry in 2011 and 5.2 per carry in 2010. Murray has rushed for more yards than McFadden the past 2 seasons and has never averaged less than 4.1 per carry. Murray is averaging 4.7 per carry this season. I would stay with Murray over McFadden who may be done by age 29.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
McFadden has more talent than Murray but he misses more games plus he hasn't been all that impressive when he's been on the field the last 2 seasons. Last season he only averaged 3.3 a carry and this season he's only averaging 3.9 a carry. That's way down from his 5.4 per carry in 2011 and 5.2 per carry in 2010. Murray has rushed for more yards than McFadden the past 2 seasons and has never averaged less than 4.1 per carry. Murray is averaging 4.7 per carry this season. I would stay with Murray over McFadden who may be done by age 29.

This is a team sport. That team is awful, on our team I would guarantee those YPC would increase. Now the age component is a great point, and should be looked at in any deal for DMac. I wouldn't give up alot for him, but as for the present, he is still an upgrade over Murray although the age bothers me the most if we actually dealt for him.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Not surprising...the guy has the talent to be special but he just can't stay on the field.