News: Rumor on NFLN Murray not in Cowboys' future

Deep_South

Reaction score
I haven't seen much from Randle so far, but he caught that short pass that was a little bit behind him last week, and he clearly was surprised by the throw. So, it was pure instinct at work there, and he did a good job reacting and making the catch.

yentl911

Reaction score
I think MJD could be a great pickup for us - he has not been as productive but he is playing for a terrible team and he was the only horse in the show. I think if given the chance he could be a real gem for a few years. He is tough and has been pretty durable considering the carries he has been given.

I love Murray and would hate to see him go but the guy just can't stay on the field. Our offense is much more dynamic and different when he is in the game.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Cleveland will throw a lot of dough at Tate in the offseason.

dart

Reaction score
I just want a RB that does not have these little bumps an bruises

I mean Murray got hurt without even getting hit

Even with Reggie Bush (knee) sidelined, Leshoure can't get on the field. Sixth-round rookie Theo Riddick served as Joique Bell's backup. With Bush expected back for Week 4, Leshoure should be on the trading block. When the Lions realize no one wants him, he'll hang out on the weekly inactive list

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
A good young running back with a cheap contract that can't stay on the field. The older he gets the less he'll stay on the field and the more expensive his contract will become. This is as good as it's going to get with Murray. We have to start parting with guys at the right time.

For what it's worth it's my opinion that unless you stumble upon the second coming of Adrian Peterson I would be hesitant to give a hefty second contract to any RB in today's NFL. Younger and cheaper at that position is the way to go. Draft one late every year I say.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
We need someone who wont run a boneheaded route that nearly changes the game today like Phillip Tanner did by bringing his defender into the play in the area that Cole Beasley is running his route for an easy 1st down & a good amount of YAC. Also it looked like he struggled to find the right guys to block while pass protecting.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a team sport. That team is awful, on our team I would guarantee those YPC would increase. Now the age component is a great point, and should be looked at in any deal for DMac. I wouldn't give up alot for him, but as for the present, he is still an upgrade over Murray although the age bothers me the most if we actually dealt for him.

It would make no sense to replace one injury prone back with a back who's been even more injury prone. The Raiders aren't good but the Cowboys aren't that great either they're still searching for their first winning season in 4 years. Plus they don't have a good run blocking OL. McFadden can't stay on the field and the repeated injuries are making him less affective. He has early retirement written all over him. When you see a back suffer as many injuries as he has season after season that's a red flag to stay away.

When healthy Murray is a decent back and he's been more productive than McFadden the past 2 seasons due to not being injured as often. If the Cowboys are going to move away from Murray they need a back they can rely on to stay healthy. Anyone who signs McFadden has to have another solid back in place because they'll be lucky to get 12 games out of him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They said there is "internal discussion" on Murray possibly not being the return starter next year and looking at possibilities for what to do.

If true I am glad the organization is looking at getting better there and not resting on it's laurels.

If that were true, how would the reporter get the information. Does anybody really think the Cowboys would give this info to a reporter?

jaybird

Reaction score
They said there is "internal discussion" on Murray possibly not being the return starter next year and looking at possibilities for what to do.

If true I am glad the organization is looking at getting better there and not resting on it's laurels.
In principal, I agree that Murray's not the future. Whats Irks me is why make this public? This has Jone's all over it. How does it help the team now, to leak this out? This should have stayed "internal". What purpose does it serv? Now potentailly Murray going to try to be something hes not. Just dont get this front office sometimes.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
In principal, I agree that Murray's not the future. Whats Irks me is why make this public? This has Jone's all over it. How does it help the team now, to leak this out? This should have stayed "internal". What purpose does it serv? Now potentailly Murray going to try to be something hes not. Just dont get this front office sometimes.

The report is unsubstantiated and likely a fabrication. While I'm not sure what our plans our for RB next year, I'm fairly certain that that the rumor is just that--a rumor.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Frankly take away his 2 games against the Rams and what has he really proven. ?

Also ... this just goes to prove that Jerry cant draft. Where is Randle? If he was worth that late round pick in the draft this year he should be able to spell Murray for a game or 2.

Randle yesterday ... 19 carries ... 65 yards ... 3.4 / carry. Snooze

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Frankly take away his 2 games against the Rams and what has he really proven. ?

Also ... this just goes to prove that Jerry cant draft. Where is Randle? If he was worth that late round pick in the draft this year he should be able to spell Murray for a game or 2.

Randle yesterday ... 19 carries ... 65 yards ... 3.4 / carry. Snooze

He's proven that he's a solid back who can move the chains. He's proven that when feed him the ball that we win games. Unfortunately, hes also proven he cant stay on the field, but I have not lost hope.

As for Randall, It was not a bad showing for his first start, Did you discount Williams so easily as well?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't really think there is anything to this story. I think that when the news is slow, it's easy to throw out Jerry Trade Rumors and the Dallas Cowboys and get hits. It's no secret that I didn't love Murray as a pick, only because he was always injured. However, I will say that he has show himself to be much more of a punishing power runner then I thought he would be. Having said this, I don't see a trade at this point. We no real cap room to wiggle with so unless we are going to go with what we have, which I think is stupid, I don't see us getting a great back in return.

I can see us drafting a back next year. There are a lot of pretty good RBs coming out next year. I could see us taking one there.

Spectre

Reaction score
Would be a shame to waste the great o-line play we have right now, as well as our division leading status, on RBs who can't stay on the field and/or simply aren't very good. I'd love to see C.J. Spiller in this offense, but I don't think that's going to happen.