News: Rumor: Payton over MM

khiladi

Reaction score
thats not what the tape shows. Warner did a great breakdown going into depth about how crappy the play designs were vs zone. He also discussed how bad the qb was. I’m not defending Dak here. I’m just saying Moore sucks too. That’s unarguable.

Warner focused on those plays primarily in that take meaning that was his point of emphasis, while in multiple videos he basically focused on how Dak ‘sucked’. The tape shows Dak had WRs open even in those situations where the concepts were bad. Our QB misses wide open drag routes.

Like I said, Moore is a learning OC. Dak simply sucks at zone even when WRs are open on some of those bad concepts. Not every play by an OC is going to work. I’m not saying Moore is all world, but the stench of Dak is way worse than the flaws of Moore which he can improve.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People say this every year. It's not going to happen. When the saints move on I seriously doubt Sean will have the energy it takes to rebuild this franchise. If he ever comes here it'll be more like having parcels. A quick 2-3 year stint with the same results. If anyone believes he would have the same influence here that he currently has with the saints you are delusional.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...re-saints-coach-sean-payton-jerry-jones-rumor

This makes sense. If anyone can turn Dak into a better Qb, its Sean Payton, and this team is going nowhere until Dak gets better. Payton loves Dallas. He loves the Jones family. The cost of luring him to Dallas was too high in 2019, but Payton has only 1 year left on his contract.

I can see a likely scenario where MM comes up short next year and Jones quickly moves on to Payton. I'd rather it happen this year, but we would probably have to send NO some compensation. I just don't see Jerry passing on Payton if there is an opportunity to get him.
It’s fine to accept Dak for what he is. A 40 million contract didn’t turn him to an Elite QB, better coaching isn’t going to either.

The key is focusing on building a better team around him.

We were 11-0 when rushing for 100 yards of more. That should be the top focus on offense.

And we should continue focus on building a better defense. We saw what creating turnovers did for our offense as we won 4 consecutive games with multiple turnovers. But our defense was bottom tier statistically. And rushing defense still awful.

Difficult to contend for championships with an average to less than Elite QB without a top 10 defense.

When you can’t run the ball or stop the run you aren’t going to have success in the playoffs without an Elite QB.

JBS

Reaction score
Warner focused on those plays primarily in that take meaning that was his point of emphasis, while in multiple videos he basically focused on how Dak ‘sucked’. The tape shows Dak had WRs open even in those situations where the concepts were bad. Our QB misses wide open drag routes.

Like I said, Moore is a learning OC. Dak simply sucks at zone even when WRs are open on some of those bad concepts. Not every play by an OC is going to work. I’m not saying Moore is all world, but the stench of Dak is way worse than the flaws of Moore which he can improve.

Ok. I’m not buying the Moore hype. He’s never done anything anywhere to suggest he’s some wizard. Is he young? Absolutely. But that doesn’t mean anything. That’s all he has going for him. He’s a young guy. Big whoop.

Gaede

Reaction score
yes and please. our 24th pick? no problem. please

Hell yeah, I'd do that. If Payton can get something out Taysom Hill, he can get something out of Dak.

Our WRs would finally get the ball

khiladi

Reaction score
Ok. I’m not buying the Moore hype. He’s never done anything anywhere to suggest he’s some wizard. Is he young? Absolutely. But that doesn’t mean anything. That’s all he has going for him. He’s a young guy. Big whoop.

I don’t have a love affair with Moore, but if I were given the choice of who needs to bounce, the QB got to go. Defenses usually catch onto schemes and it’s ultimately the QB that has to make the throws and lead the team.

I’d like to see a brand new offense though and neither of them are the guy. Dak took a week to throw a TD in training camp in year 3. Him learning a new offense would be another set back.

visionary

Reaction score
It’s fine to accept Dak for what he is. A 40 million contract didn’t turn him to an Elite QB, better coaching isn’t going to either.

The key is focusing on building a better team around him.

We were 11-0 when rushing for 100 yards of more. That should be the top focus on offense.

And we should continue focus on building a better defense. We saw what creating turnovers did for our offense as we won 4 consecutive games with multiple turnovers. But our defense was bottom tier statistically. And rushing defense still awful.

Difficult to contend for championships with an average to less than Elite QB without a top 10 defense.

When you can’t run the ball or stop the run you aren’t going to have success in the playoffs without an Elite QB.

LOL, some of us have been saying this for the last 3 years but posters like you have been calling us realists and laughing at us

Seems you’re finally waking up but I expect you will be telling us how elite Dak is as soon as we start 2-0 next season against bottom dwellers

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Many here have suggested that Prescott is in the 3rd tier of QBs, well guess who else was/is?
Every QB they've ever had after Drew Brees.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The fact that he has had the #1 offense 2 of the past 3 years with Dak Prescott as his QB suggest to me that he's a wizard.

He took Dak from throwing for around 3,500 yards and 23 TDs a year to Dak throwing for around 4,600 yards and 33 TDs a year. So his play calling basically added 1,000 yards and 10 TDs to Dak.

That takes a wizard to do with Dak Prescott.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...re-saints-coach-sean-payton-jerry-jones-rumor

This makes sense. If anyone can turn Dak into a better Qb, its Sean Payton, and this team is going nowhere until Dak gets better. Payton loves Dallas. He loves the Jones family. The cost of luring him to Dallas was too high in 2019, but Payton has only 1 year left on his contract.

I can see a likely scenario where MM comes up short next year and Jones quickly moves on to Payton. I'd rather it happen this year, but we would probably have to send NO some compensation. I just don't see Jerry passing on Payton if there is an opportunity to get him.
I like Payton, don't get me wrong. but is he really that much better than MM? MM has one superbowl win. Payton has one. Payton did it with Brees and failed otherwise. Brees was up there with Rodgers in terms of his abilities and is a sure HOFer...so what sets him apart from MM? Payton led an organization that had the bounty gate, got suspended for a year.... that's dirty....missed the playoffs with brees for a few years. he has had some of the abosulte worst defenses in the league through several years. so not sure why everyone thinks he is this QB whisperer and super genuis that's going to fix everything.... do we think if Brees was on this team that we wouldn't be playing this weekend?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL, some of us have been saying this for the last 3 years but posters like you have been calling us realists and laughing at us

Seems you’re finally waking up but I expect you will be telling us how elite Dak is as soon as we start 2-0 next season against bottom dwellers
You must be confusing me with others as I’ve been saying since late in his Rookie season. I’ve been more in the middle on the Dak issue calling out both sides of the extremes .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well consider this. If he created an offense which highlights an average QB he might be more special than some are giving him credit for .

Tough to create a#1 offense without an Elite QB and struggling running game.

JBS

Reaction score
Well consider this. If he created an offense which highlights an average QB he might be more special than some are giving him credit for .

Tough to create a#1 offense without an Elite QB and struggling running game.
Yeah. #1 offense that never showed up when it mattered. Good point.

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't think the Saints have enough cap space to take a $40mil/year QB. Plus Dak has a no trade clause.

…….depending on how ugly next year is he may choose not to exercise the no trade clause

Miguelitomama

Reaction score

I wish. I'm listening to a podcast produced by The Athletic in which the hosts ran the audio of the Mike McCarthy press conference following his hiring for the HC job. He's yucking it up about how he lied during the job interview. He told the Jones family that he had watched every snap from the preceding season and then admitted during the presser that he'd made it up because he wanted the job.

Why are we keeping him?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has anyone asked Payton if he would want the Dallas HC job and this QB?

When he was in Dallas, this was an entirely different set up with Parcells running the football part of it. Do you see anyone speaking for the Saints franchise other than Payton? Payton is the face of the Saints franchise and Booger is not giving that up.

He is also one of the highest paid HC's at 9.8M, do you see Booger paying any coach that? Please don't give me that billionaire crap, he does not high roll with coaches' salaries.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah. #1 offense that never showed up when it mattered. Good point.
No doubt but perception is important.

We won 12 games without a defense in upper half statistically except for turnovers and an offense with an average to above average QB and not much running game most of the season. How did that happen ?