Rumor: Rodgers: Cowboys have standing trade offer for QB Mike Glennon

RS12

Reaction score
Mike Fisher said the response to this at Valley Ranch was "Horse s___!"

As opposed to yes we are desperate to acquire him which only drives the price up. No sale on them being satisfied with the current back up situation. Moore might know the offense but he couldnt break a pane of glass at 20 yards.

jnday

Reaction score
But now we have a standing offer for the guy according to the article.. I tell you our ship has no rudder.

They see Glrnnon as s much better prospect and an upgrade. They took Dak because Glennon may never be available, so Dak is just an insurance policy. The team tried to obtain several QBs and it looks like Dak was way down the list of options.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
They see Glrnnon as s much better prospect and an upgrade. They took Dak because Glennon may never be available, so Dak is just an insurance policy. The team tried to obtain several QBs and it looks like Dak was way down the list of options.

I agree that Glennon is a better prospect. But we don't have the talent on defense to be throwing away picks.. We might of blown one in the second round. Late 4th and then a basketball player in the 6th.

CWR

Reaction score
Why draft Prescott when your attempting to trade for Glennon..

I dont mind it so much. Having more than one qb with potential seems like a good idea. However, I could see limited reps as a problem. Only so many balls to go around and what not..

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is a completely unbelievable report.

What team has a "standing offer" for trade for any player, much less one in a contract year, for two premium choices.

Alexander

Reaction score
Mike Fisher said the response to this at Valley Ranch was "Horse s___!"

Well of course.

No teams float out "standing offers" for trades. It just doesn't happen.

They might have talked about it, but that is about it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well of course.

No teams float out "standing offers" for trades. It just doesn't happen.

They might have talked about it, but that is about it.

Boomy kaboomy boom.
Fisher isn't the hero we need, nor deserve.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
This is a completely unbelievable report.

What team has a "standing offer" for trade for any player, much less one in a contract year, for two premium choices.
I seriously doubt they would trade two premium picks for him, when they could just have used the same two picks and have two cracks at it in the draft. It's not like Glennon is all that proven.

Alexander

Reaction score
I seriously doubt they would trade two premium picks for him, when they could just have used the same two picks and have two cracks at it in the draft. It's not like Glennon is all that proven.

The "standing" part is what really got me.

jnday

Reaction score
I agree that Glennon is a better prospect. But we don't have the talent on defense to be throwing away picks.. We might of blown one in the second round. Late 4th and then a basketball player in the 6th.

Considering that Dallas has little success with draft picks after the 2nd round, I don't care what they give up.