Rumor: Skins enchanted with Russell

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
russel sure has a cannon but i doubt they will be able to trade to get him though

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
koolaid;1422469 said:
i cant believe some of you would actually like to see this happen. Russel as a QB against our DBs? that scares the crap out of me. I love our guys, but santana moss and Russel? that scares me a bit

it's just the fact that they would have to give up so much, for 1 player, and it's still a 50% chance that he's a bust

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
bbgun;1422120 said:
Yahoo:

TRADING UP FOR JaMARCUS?

BATON ROUGE, La. –
According to a source with intimate knowledge of the situation, Commanders owner Dan Snyder has become enamored with the idea of drafting Russell, which has in turn fueled speculation Washington could be targeting Oakland's No. 1 pick in a trade scenario. The trade could involve Commanders quarterback Jason Campbell, the team's first-round pick in 2005, getting dealt to another team, or to the Raiders as part of a package to move up in the draft.

Shhhhhh! Be quiet, fellas. I want to read this again.............and again and again and again........................

TOOMBS

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1422472 said:
it's just the fact that they would have to give up so much, for 1 player, and it's still a 50% chance that he's a bust

I agree. It is just hilarious thinking that they would give so much for Campbell, and then scrap that and sell the farm to get Russell. I don't care how good he is, there is no way they can compete without filling their holes.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I would love it if they threw away Campbell, a couple of first round picks, drafted Russell, and then he turns into this:

http://i7.***BLOCKED***/albums/y288/SideShowTattoo/fat_guy_big_hamburger_funfry_resize.jpg

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;1422660 said:
I would love it if they threw away Campbell, a couple of first round picks, drafted Russell, and then he turns into this:

http://i7.***BLOCKED***/albums/y288/SideShowTattoo/fat_guy_big_hamburger_funfry_resize.jpg

:lmao:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

:lmao:

Please let this happen. go get em redstinks!

Bizwah

Reaction score
I would worry more about them landing Johnson than Russell.

jay cee

Reaction score
kmd24;1422312 said:
Maybe I'm dumb as a stump, but how would this rumor do anything to help Russell's contract negotiations? I can't see the logic...

I was wondering the same thing. That makes no sense. Either he accepts the Raiders offer or he doesn't.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
how in the world would washington move up. They have absolutely no draft power because they have no quality picks.

One more thing, of all the coaches in the league, Joe Gibbs is the guy who never under any circumstances plays rookies, never. The guy does not play young guys unless he knows he will lose.

What in the world we he do with russell? If they trade campbell, that will just be the icing on the cake.

This has to be bogus. Would they play brunnell again? Amazing.

washington should be trading down to get some picks, not up laying basically an entire draft on one player, who under gibbs would almost never play.

Weird. Has to be bogus.

Om

Reaction score
TOOMBS;1422300 said:
You are a very poor moderator, and the biggest homer on that site next to Bubba and Art.

Never post here again, and LOL at your damage control.

*edit* I loved your post about how the media's assumption that the Skins are losers based on poor FA and draft decisions are, in fact, cliche and false. You tried to trick everyone into thinking it was a fair discussion, yet you would discourage anyone posting an opinion that didn't fit your agenda.
You are a very poor poster and, like you, I have no idea what the **** you are talking about.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
The Saints were apparently there also

According to sources (which I pulled out of my ***) they are offering Bush and Brees to the Raiders for the number 1 pick

NEWSFLASH:

Every big move rumor is attatched to the Washington Commanders

Why you ask? Its good for agents to have their boys linked to the Washington Commanders. Snyder has a reputation, that he pays and pays big

Remember the 2004 offseason? Every Dick Tom and Harry sportswriter had Samari Rolle going to the Commanders

For once I actually think 5 stars makes sense. The draft is a big game of poker and smoke screens. If you tip your hand too early, you end up the Buffalo Bills in the 2005 NFL draft, or Mike Ditka in the 1999 NFL draft

So, I bet anyone on this board a sig bet for a year that this trade will not occur

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score

Now how did you get pictures of Leonard Davis from December of 2007?

You time traveler you

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;1422840 said:
Every big move rumor is attatched to the Washington Commanders

The fact that you see nothing wrong with this is beyond hilarious :lmao:

There's a reason EVERYONE always associates idiotic offseason moves with Washington, and he stands about 5 feet tall

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1422860 said:
The fact that you see nothing wrong with this is beyond hilarious :lmao:

There's a reason EVERYONE always associates idiotic offseason moves with Washington, and he stands about 5 feet tall

I agree. It is an awesome move by an agent to get the word out that the Commanders are interested in their player. Now what that has to do with a predrafted player is beyond me, except that the number 1 pick team can negotiate with players in making a deal happen. Hence why Mario Williams was signed before the draft last year

So the agent for Russel could be saying to Al Davis that "hey Washington wants to trade up and they will pay x amount. You better pay x+y amount"

Thats all I can think of to be honest. Other then that, all the NFL teams were down there since this was the LSU pro day. Hence why I think the Saints want to trade Bush and Brees for Russel. Think about it, local hero QB, will be a big time move for the Saints.

Something else you have to think about. Only Yahoo reported this

Back in 2005, Lenny P, and Don Banks were both reporting that the Commanders planned to pick Campbell

Now, I think they are both schmucks in terms of their commentary, but in regards to possible moves that could be made, both of have excellent sources, and when they stick to just reporting and not commentary, both are good at what they do

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1422884 said:
OHHHHH Mama jokes! Wait. Let me go put on my parachute pants and fishnet tank tops. Then I will really feel like I am back in the 80s.

Sorry bud, that is early 90s MC Hammer

You need some tight leather pants and long hair and need to talk about some girl finding a midnight train or that its all a thriller

Either or

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;1422893 said:
Sorry bud, that is early 90s MC Hammer

You need some tight leather pants and long hair and need to talk about some girl finding a midnight train or that its all a thriller

Either or

So you're telling me I never wore black parachute pants with zippers down both sides that exposed red innards back in 1982? That was all a dream? Hammer wasn't an original with that. Just FYI. ;)

Aikbach

Reaction score
If this comes to pass you can declare Snyder the worst GM in sports history without any risk of being accused of employing hyperbole.

Let them have Russell, without a team around him he'll be like Steve Young in Tampa, and that is being generous.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1422906 said:
So....before I was born? :)

Most hypothesize it ocurred somewhere between the christian uprising in Constantinople and the fall of Rome. There is no written proof however, so it is mostly left up to logical estimates.