Rumor: TO wants new contract?

superpunk

Reaction score
This is off some Eagles board, they were wondering if it's true.

I think probably not, but if we have any South Florida fans on here, maybe they can shed some light.

I realize this has nothing to do with Chad Johnson but since we're on the topic of WR's & no one reads the rant & rave section, Drew Rosenhaus was on Sports Final tonight (the sports part of the news broadcast for a south florida tv station) and he stated, "Pay T.O. what he's worth." He stated the reasons: his stats, he made the Pro-Bowl and stated he did that with missing a few games. I thought I was experiencing de-ja-vu. If T.O. actually holds out for a new contract this offseason that would be abosultely rediculous. Sit-ups in a Dallas driveway coming to a news broadcast near you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
superpunk;1919831 said:

I think probably not, but if we have any South Florida fans on here, maybe they can shed some light.

What exactly is TO worth? $25M/3 yrs = $8.33M a year as it is.

Boysboy

Reaction score
superpunk;1919831 said:

You mean the EMB is your best source of sports news information?:laugh2:

Jerry ain't the Eagles FO-he will do everything to pay TO-I thought this is the worst kept secret floating around Valley Ranch anyways.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I guess it depends on the context of what Rosenhaus was talking.

If this has any legs, we'll be hearing about it in the next few days.

YAKUZA

Derinyar

Reaction score
Give him another deal like the one hes on. I'm fine with that. IIRC how this deal is constructed you can cut him loose after each season and basically be at worst break even.

I really dislike the idea of giving a mid 30's player a multi year big money deal. Looks like a great way to hamstring yourself in the near future.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't doubt it for a second. He's always wanted his money, and he won't like going into this year with a lame duck contract. Not to mention that with cap expansion, I'm sure he already feels very underpaid.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I just recieved my weeky copy of The Internet Digest in the mail today and yes, it is a rumor.

Boysboy

Reaction score
FYI-Owens is due a ROSTER BONUS in March(come to think of it, the year he whined and cried over his contract his Philly, he didn't get this).

I'll be SHOCKED if Jerry, at the very least, doesn't pay him this.

Everything's going to be OK.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1919857 said:
I don't doubt it for a second. He's always wanted his money, and he won't like going into this year with a lame duck contract. Not to mention that with cap expansion, I'm sure he already feels very underpaid.

Are there any WRs who make more cash than him?

StarKist;1919858 said:
I just recieved my weeky copy of The Internet Digest in the mail today and yes, it is a rumor.

Clearly it's a rumor - I was careful to label it as such. I just want to know whether Rosenhaus actually said these things.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
STSINAZ;1919869 said:
I Told Everyone This Would Happen....pretty Obvious Though...

You say alot of crap ..... why would anyone listen to you?

Dcz84

Reaction score
Come on guys those were millllllllllion dolar tears he shed a couple weeks ago!! He set it up pretty good too!!!!:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet there are at least 52 players on the roster that want a new contract. Who does not want more money?

Big Dakota

Reaction score

Exactly. He's at the age where he has one deal left in his career. I would presume he'll want a hefty bonus attached to any extension. Maybe in the Steve Smith range. Steve got 9.3 million in bonus money to extend three years. I would guess if Jerry wants to keep TO past 2008 he'll have to give some up front cash instead of those roster bonuses he's been operating on the past two years.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I hate Drew R. the thought of him being Barber's agent makes me sick,he will do everything he can to drive the price up.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1919881 said:
Exactly. He's at the age where he has one deal left in his career. I would presume he'll want a hefty bonus attached to any extension. Maybe in the Steve Smith range. Steve got 9.3 million in bonus money to extend three years. I would guess if Jerry wants to keep TO past 2008 he'll have to give some up front cash instead of those roster bonuses he's been operating on the past two years.

Theres a massive difference between 35 and 28.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
superpunk;1919831 said:
This is off some Eagles boardquote]
right there you know its not true all they want is for TO to suffer the rest of his life

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Yep.

And how does everyone think he is going to feel if we were to bring in a bernard berian or trade for roy williams..(which I think will never happen)

I am sure owens would love roy williams and his contract taking catches away from him.

Owens psyche is fragile, hopefully none of this is true, because once he is upset it is over. He is the all time biggest pouter.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Considering his history, I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't offered a contract extension this offseason. I would be very surprised if T.O. plays in 2008 with only this year remaining on his current deal. imo, he's earned his pay.