Rumor: Zeke Turns Down Contract

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not many journalists left because they seem to give their slant these days instead of giving the facts
Let us all (me included) be careful not to post anything that will violate site rule #7. :) That said, I somewhat agree. However, it is my opinion there are fewer journalists now than in past years due to the fact it is more popular and profitable to sensationalize information than simply relaying it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think it comes down to the number of game checks Zeke is willing to give up.
Jerry loves his players. That's a good thing and a bad thing. I don't think Jerry has it in him to play hard ball. But we shall see.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry loves his players. That's a good thing and a bad thing. I don't think Jerry has it in him to play hard ball. But we shall see.
Jerry can play hardball until we start losing. If this offense sputters without Zeke that is all the media will talk about.

VACowboy

Reaction score
But Jerry can make MORE MONEY by Zeke being on the team.
He makes money selling Zeke's jersey. He makes money because Zeke is a notable player and because Zeke is a star player.
Zeke raises the shine on the Cowboys brand.
Yes, Jerry does make more money off Zeke being in a Cowboys uniform. It's not simply about the salary cap and the amount of money spread around to the other players. Zeke is the star, not Byron Jones. If Byron Jones were like Deion Sanders, then he would get his. But he's not. It's not Zeke's fault his value is greater than other players on the team.
No doubt, but how does negotiating to minimize Zeke's contract make Jerry greedy?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Because Zeke won't play.

And Dallas will not win the amount games they would if Zeke played.

The number of games lost is worth more than a few million dollars.

Its called leverage.
I keep thinking they have a plan up there sleeve. Maybe some other RB in the works that may not be as good as Elliot but someone that will be better than gambling on Pollard.

blueblood70

Reaction score
...last impression left upon us was Gurley ran for $117. Zeke ran for $0.46 But he wants more $$$$$.
huh lets look at that from the other persective TANK Stole 21mil, Jsmith stole 13mil , Tank also held us hostage with the surgery until he got his money(id call that athreat to HOLDOUT

but Gurley dropped 117 and CJ another what 100 and Goff ran for that last 1st down.. the defenses had something to do with that..did they not????????"

I didnt see Dak who wants 35 WILL us to a win this day...what did Amari who wants 17plus do this day ?

so this was Zekes LOSS? id say you have a bad way at using a stat to fit your Narrative..nice troll

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it comes down to the number of game checks Zeke is willing to give up.
Those game checks are not much compared to what he's after. Bell gave up 14M in game checks last year. His play didn't work to his benefit but that doesn't seem to bother Elliott.

And I am laughing as some being angry at Elliott for not taking the offer, first of all they don't know what it is, when it was made by a guy that two days prior intimated he wasn't going to play the game. Which side is doing the moving here?

They're reacting to this "2nd highest RB contract", they do not know the details of this offer. Anyone recall hearing Booger brag about Aikman being the first 100M player? Most of that was funny money that he never saw.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was reading yesterday that Jerry could totally ruin Zeke’s career and Zeke would never see a NFL football field again . At this point Jerry should not make anymore contact with his agent and I would start making plans without him. It is time to stand up against greed. I had rather tank the season than see Jerry give in to Zeke.

And trading him for a first and change or 2 firsts would be massive in the long run compared to signing him to a crippling contract. I'd rather give Dak the long contract and trade Zeke. I think Dak and Cooper will be fine, and I'd be happy to start looking at RBs next year if Pollard can't handle the load as a starting RB. Plus, the extra first means we could find a top DT and a top safety in the first round.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Those game checks are not much compared to what he's after. Bell gave up 14M in game checks last year. His play didn't work to his benefit but that doesn't seem to bother Elliott.

And I am laughing as some being angry at Elliott for not taking the offer, first of all they don't know what it is, when it was made by a guy that two days prior intimated he wasn't going to play the game. Which side is doing the moving here?

They're reacting to this "2nd highest RB contract", they do not know the details of this offer. Anyone recall hearing Booger brag about Aikman being the first 100M player? Most of that was funny money that he never saw.
I wonder if he sits out if he has to return a portion of his signing bonus. Pro rated for 4 million this year as part of his 16 million signing bonus. Plus the 3 he would have made.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol not anymore. Ronan Farrow, probably the most famous investigative journalist right now who broke numerous MeToo stories, doesn’t have a degree in journalism and has had his investigative reports published in several reputable publications. The New Yorker, Washington Post and the NYT don’t havevs degree requirement apparently. Are you saying that he’s not a journalist but the beat reporter for the Tulsa Shock is?
Can I ask a question before answering? And we should conduct our mini-conversion without going into specifics of what could be defined as political material.

Query: Was Farrow's work relayed intertwined with personal opinion(s)?

I only ask for a yes or no answer because we cannot get into any discussion about the reference you posted that I am replying to.

(Self-edited to fit a yes or no question)

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I would be okay seeing any owner stand up to the greedy players that holds out. Nobody is going to give that much for a problem RB.

Except for the NYJ. And probably the Browns soon. And the Bengals. Seattle did for Marshawn Lynch. Minnesota kept AP after he missed a whole year for whipping his son.

RB seems to be the most turn-a-blind-eye position in football.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
I happen to be a real estate appraiser and the market is not dictated by one offs.

Same with the financial markets. If Apple stock is $200/share and someone decides to pay $500 for it, it does't set the market.

If the term "market" is going to be thrown around to try to justify ever increasing salaries, the Bid vs Ask and Intrinsic Value concepts need to included as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until anyone confirms this, it's the same story as the 40M Prescott is demanding. Have you ever seen any sports franchise try to use the media as a tool in negotiations and fail so miserably at it? It's a freakin' clown act.