Run defense is broken

Plankton

Reaction score
Hankins being out was huge. They should sign Suh.

Mazi Smith? I mean people will say don't give up on him but he was obliterated out there today. You'd expect improvement over the course of the season and it's just not there.
Not to take up for Mazi Smith, but the Bills killed the Cowboys running to the edges. The hero ball that the ends play trying to get upfield turns real ugly when you don't set edges and lose contain against the run. Also, the linebackers missed enough tackles this week to last a month.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Mazi not being a player at this point aside.

Our LB’s have been bad for years. YEARS. LVE, Jaylon blind eye view smith, Anthony AARP Barr, Damone broken back Clark

Need I go on?

it’s awful

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This is the same thing that happened last season when Hankins was out. So who couldn't see this coming but our butt sniffing GM???

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Damone Clark sucks and Bell tries but isn’t a LB.

LBs is easily the worst position group on the team.

And no, LVE didn’t make it any better, as he was nothing more than an average LB himself.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
When you draft DT in round 1 and he's still the slowesr guy off the ball in Week 15 you failed to address the issue.

Hes a COLOSSAL BUST
Still can't believe we drafted Mazi over Joey Porter Jr. and then immediately followed that up in the 2nd Round by drafting Luke Schoonmaker over O'Cyrus Torrence, who was opning up huge running lanes against us all day today. We could've had a future All-Pro DB and a future starting RG with our top-2 picks this year. Or Even Tank Dell at WR. Instead we got what appears to be 2 busts right now. A Jerry Jones Special indeed.

Holding out hope both of those cats improve as they're both young, but knowing we who passed on them for stings at the moment.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
We need to draft big T'Vondre Sweat in next year's draft, the 6'4 362 lb Big 12 DPOY and Outland Trophy Winner out of Texas. That's who we should've waited to drafted anyways over Mazi. A true 4-Tech and game-wrecker in the middle.

T_vondre_Sweat_DSC04430.jpg

pitt33

Reaction score
When you draft DT in round 1 and he's still the slowesr guy off the ball in Week 15 you failed to address the issue.

Hes a COLOSSAL BUST
He is terrible.

He’s the worst 1st round pick in a long time.

Taco was better. And that’s not saying much.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This has been an issue since Jay Ratliff left. The cowboys have failed to address it since then

Mark

Reaction score
I don't think we need to worry about Dan Quinn going anywhere (not that we did before today).

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't know why DQ doesn't play Parsons as more off the ball LB against teams like Buffalo. A team that has a good run game and a mobile running QB.
I think having Parsons spy Allen and play off the ball would have had more impact in this game. The coaches should have known with the rainy weather, they were going to lean on the run more than pass.