Run defense is going to be the Achilles Heel for this team in 2021

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Not at 10 but instead of drafting Tweeners & DE we should have went with real DT/ NT in the 3rd.
Well you are calling out Parsons, if this has nothing to do with his pick, why bring it up? Otherwise, yes you are correct we haven't done a thing to fix things yet

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Greenbay had BJ Raji for the longest when McCarthy was there. They did run a 3-4 hybrid but I just checked the DT available and still some good ones to plug in there. Give me one of them and I’d be a happy.

Reactions: CWR

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Outside of Joseph, no starters tonight.

Adreme

Reaction score
That was going to be true no matter who they drafted. You cannot rely on fresh draft picks to massively boost a team. Teams that do that are teams that expect to be drafting top 10 every year because that is about the only place you can find plug and play talent.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Drafted another undersized Tyrone Crawford to play DT and just shoot gaps...

We show signs of wanting beef at DT last year with Poe who let’s be honest was just looking to collect a check and not battle in the trenches and demand double teams to keep the LBs clean

mmohican29

Reaction score
This is a mess.

I actually think 2 of the 3 3rd Rounders today are unlikely to make the team at all.

I only kind of like Golston from today.

All 3rd Rd picks- enormous reaches.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I am an optimistic fan and have defended this team a TON, but the 3rd round has been incredibly questionable.

In the same boat. Granted most of us get our info from the sports sites so you would hope our scouts know a little bit more. But man so many directions we could have gone with those picks. Hope this year without a combine and time to get closer to player workouts is to our advantage. But it seems so many of these guys are just raw talents with long arms, good measurables, and limited playing experience. Curious if this was a scouts round, or coaches that had pet cats.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Well you are calling out Parsons, if this has nothing to do with his pick, why bring it up? Otherwise, yes you are correct we haven't done a thing to fix things yet

It’s a Domino effect , what happens in front of him leads to his success and this team’s success.

It’s like drafting a QB in a system where it’s pass pass all the time but you don’t provide him the OL to make his throws. If teams can run on you willingly Parson won’t have any outcome on Wins/ Loss column for Cowboys.

That’s fugging waste of talent.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Not fixing your biggest problem is crazy. They should stop calling it a war room and start calling it a champaign room.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Just a reminder when you can’t stop the run any top notch defenders becomes a coward and will fail at his job.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I almost wish we went with Slater now, because this team is going to have to score like 50 points a game.

Did y’all forget the rams game? The offense won’t even have possession to even score.

plymkr

Reaction score
I like Joseph, Osa, and Golston, not liking the other guy. I think so far Parsons and Joseph will be day 1 starters and make this team better.

Osa, Golston and the other CB are backups at best and maybe not make the team. I got a little hope for Osa and Golston. Osa looks like he can get to the QB, Golston looks like a high effort guy.

I feel a lot of fans were putting a lot of weight on this draft. When the great debate of Dak was waging strong a lot of talk was directed at signing Dak to a large contract and fixing the defense through the draft. Well you can't fix a defense in one draft and I feel fans are seeing that and feeling underwhelmed.

Here's how I look at it. This is a normal draft. This isn't the super draft to fix the defense everyone wanted it to be. But going into next year we got hope that Gallimore, Parsons, Joseph, Diggs, and Wilson will play well. If that happens our defense will be average and not historically bad. With an average defense we can make the playoffs.

kevm3

Reaction score
Did y’all forget the rams game? The offense won’t even have possession to even score.

With the draft we had tonight, the exact same thing might happen, except we will see Dak getting knocked out for the season again.

kevm3

Reaction score
I like Joseph, Osa, and Golston, not liking the other guy. I think so far Parsons and Joseph will be day 1 starters and make this team better.

Osa, Golston and the other CB are backups at best and maybe not make the team. I got a little hope for Osa and Golston. Osa looks like he can get to the QB, Golston looks like a high effort guy.

I feel a lot of fans were putting a lot of weight on this draft. When the great debate of Dak was waging strong a lot of talk was directed at signing Dak to a large contract and fixing the defense through the draft. Well you can't fix a defense in one draft and I feel fans are seeing that and feeling underwhelmed.

Here's how I look at it. This is a normal draft. This isn't the super draft to fix the defense everyone wanted it to be. But going into next year we got hope that Gallimore, Parsons, Joseph, Diggs, and Wilson will play well. If that happens our defense will be average and not historically bad. With an average defense we can make the playoffs.

The issue is that we had guys that could actually contribute to the team with our picks, but we passed them up to draft guys that probably won't make the team. We could have packaged a pick and got our safety. Could have gotten Molden in the 3rd round since we didn't go with a safety in the second. These guys were literally in reach but we took another gamble in the 2nd and a bunch of guys that were ranked to go on day 3

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

It’s a normal draft because they used the same damn strategy for 25 years , lets draft weak *** tweener who can never stop the run. It’s pathetic fan accepting this bs mediocrity, you guys are part of this problem with your weak mentality.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It’s a Domino effect , what happens in front of him leads to his success and this team’s success.

It’s like drafting a QB in a system where it’s pass pass all the time but you don’t provide him the OL to make his throws. If teams can run on you willingly Parson won’t have any outcome on Wins/ Loss column for Cowboys.

That’s fugging waste of talent.
okay, but you are already flagging him as a bust, and to suggest a domino effect would be to suggest they built their defesne in the draft around Parsons, which is in no way true. Do you suggest they avoided filling this void becuase of him? That is your only standing point to make if so, which we know is not the case. LB was a major flaw on this team, and that situation looks to be fixed, and perhaps the Parsons addition and new scheme will help the other two disasters as well (wishful thinking of course)

In the end the Parsons pick is the only one they could make that would have an impactful effect upon their D, uniless they traded down further and who knows what. Hope it doesn't waste his talent, but it does not make him a bust as you state in your words.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
okay, but you are already flagging him as a bust, and to suggest a domino effect would be to suggest they built their defesne in the draft around Parsons, which is in no way true. Do you suggest they avoided filling this void becuase of him? That is your only standing point to make if so, which we know is not the case. LB was a major flaw on this team, and that situation looks to be fixed, and perhaps the Parsons addition and new scheme will help the other two disasters as well (wishful thinking of course)

In the end the Parsons pick is the only one they could make that would have an impactful effect upon their D, uniless they traded down further and who knows what. Hope it doesn't waste his talent, but it does not make him a bust as you state in your words.

The LB was flaw due to weak DL not holding point of attack and letting OL reach the 2nd level.

If you don’t fix the original issue then everything you build on top of if will fail.

In cavemen’s term if you have a bad foundation your whole building is ruined.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
There's still plenty of trash cans full of dirt that do nothing but stop the run left on the board. They tend to be drafted in the later rounds since they offer nothing else.