Running back market is flooded

basstapp

Reaction score
I think we roll with Randle and sign Spiller to a reasonable deal - Spiller is electric, but hasn't been durable enough to warrant a large contract.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Do be surprised if Murray winds up in Seattle

That's what I was thinking. Their window is now and they might be willing to pay top dollar for a suitable replacement for the beast. Would be an attractive destination for Murray.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I'd add Tevin Coleman from Indiana to the list of draftable backs. He hasn't gotten the credit he deserves because of his school but he's the player that reminds me the most of Murray.

Yep...been praising him for weeks in here. Hes the real deal and Id take him in a heart beat at the end of the 2nd Rd.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Give me Randle. I still believe to this day he makes a TD out of that play Murray fumbled on. He hits the hole fast and he deserves to have the opportunity to be the starter.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
True but they are going to need to replace lynch. Similar runners and they have money to burn under the cap

So they can't pay Lynch, but will pay Murray if not more? No sense. They have money to burn, until all the players they need to resign.

bark

Reaction score
So they can't pay Lynch, but will pay Murray if not more? No sense. They have money to burn, until all the players they need to resign.

PJ you may be right. It was my understanding that lynch was ready to move on from Seattle. Hearsay and speculation is all I've got admittitely.
I'd be happy to see Murray wearing the star next yr. so I'm not advocating him to move on. Just a feeling that he may indeed feel slighted by the offer and wind up in seattle . Hope I'm wrong

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

They have to pay RWilson this year, but have Lynch, Turbin and CMichael under contract at RB. Not a good fit even if they cut Lynch

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Running back, which is a position that is easiest to find a player or players, the market is especially flooded for 2015.

The Cowboys would be making another Barber mistake by paying Murray, especially after his fumble helped us lose that playoff game. That shouldn't be rewarded. His fumbles have often set the tone for our games.

My prediction is a team without a running game will be attracted to Murray, but what they'll find is that they don't have a running game not because their running back isn't any good, but because they don't have an offensive line. It'll be a lot like the Laurent Robinson signing in Jacksonville. You're getting the player not the offense that allowed that player to thrive.

Unlike Robinson though, I believe when Murray signs somewhere next year and his production isn't the same, the league will finally let the ball drop on paying running backs big money.

DeMarco Murray
CJ Spiller
Mark Ingram
Frank Gore
Ryan Matthews
Knowshon Moreno
Darren McFadden
Adrian Peterson*
Marshawn Lynch*
Todd Gurley
Melvin Gordon

Early rumors are that you may be able to add McCoy to that list also. Sounds like the Eagles may not be too keen on paying McCoy his upcoming 2015 salary. He may be a restructure candidate but it seems fantasy football players aren't the only ones who have fallen out of love with McCoy. It's worth watching.

PJDallasfan

Reaction score
I would take Ingram all day if Murray chooses not to come back. I think he could be a monster behind our line and is good at blitz pick up and a good receiver out of the back field. I love Murray, watched him play at OU and break all of AP's records, would love for him to stay but we are all right money will be the deciding factor and you really can't blame him. But in my opinion if he wants a shot at a Super Bowl here is where he needs to be.

Cowboys for Life!!:starspin:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'd rather stick with Randle and get someone cheap to back him up.

Randle has shown nothing that he can be an every down back. He fumbles as well.

Randle and Dunbar are change of pace backs. They can't carry a full load.

Get someone in FA or the draft.

I will agree with not bringing Murray back. His fumbles are ridiculous. To open the season against the Niners, MNF against Washington and the GB game. All were game changers.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
I want a RB that is not just a good runner, but also be damn good at pass blocking and picking up blitzes...

Nirvana

Reaction score
I would take Ingram all day if Murray chooses not to come back. I think he could be a monster behind our line and is good at blitz pick up and a good receiver out of the back field. I love Murray, watched him play at OU and break all of AP's records, would love for him to stay but we are all right money will be the deciding factor and you really can't blame him. But in my opinion if he wants a shot at a Super Bowl here is where he needs to be.

Cowboys for Life!!:starspin:

Great opportunity for AP to reverse the table on Murray by signing with us and breaking some of Murray's records here. I wonder if he thinks about that.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys need a 1,500 yard back.

Not one guy getting all the carries (or close) that Murray received this year.

Defenses respect that bell cow RB and account for him more than a committee back.

That helps the play action, which ultimately helps the passing game and overall balance of your offense.

When Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte etc etc are on the field, the Defenses have to account for them which aids the offense in dictating to the defense.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Do be surprised if Murray winds up in Seattle

I would be shocked. The bill is coming due on their SB MVP QB and it's not going to be small. Seattle has managed to do what is almost essential in today's NFL in order to win back to back SBs. They found a QB in the draft that was able to mature quickly enough to become really effective while still under his rookie contract. Because of that, they've enjoyed incredible cap leverage that no other team has been able to match. But this will be the last year that they'll benefit from that.