Rush has run his course

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's possible either can win for us equally.

That's something people forget. This is the kind of nonsense I was warning about in the other thread. I hope the team's leadership handles this internally so it doesn't distract them.

Sorry man tell me exactly what Rush does better than Dak..before you do you should go look up how many times Rush is under center and Dak is...KM is not a good OC he is being forced to be a ok one at this point...literally Rush can not throw an out he doesnt have the arm.

Dak is a better passer..he is much better when he is under center.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Did I say 3 was unacceptable . And 9 against KC and and the SF playoff loss etc etc . What Rush coming in and going 3-0 having the offense in the 20’s every game is put the spotlight squarely on Dak as it should be .

It would've been better had Dak not got injured, in that we could evaluate our team better. I really don't like judging the state of the club based on one game -- the season opener. If things would've turned out how everyone thought they would after that one game, at least we be in good position draft wise. Come game time, I always hope we win, but logically I have my doubts that either Dak or Rush are our long term answer. They each will get a chance to prove themselves though, I suppose.

Bing

Reaction score
Dallas was 0-1 and had lost their starting QB. Dallas was declared dead.

But Rush came in and saved the Dallas season. He has overachieved and is the first quarter of the season MVP. Dallas is now 3-1, and 2-0 in the division. Thank you Cooper Rush.

But now Dallas must think long term. IF Prescott is ready for this weeks game against LAR he MUST play. Even if Dallas looks bad on offense and loses against LAR, Prescott needs to play to knock off the rust and get reps with the offense in a real game, not practice.

The game that matters is the week after, the Philadelphia game. The divisional game.

Rush has put Dallas in a great position. But Dallas needs to build on that. The next two weeks will have a large say to what kind of team Dallas actually has.

Let's go Boys!!!

Interesting......Rush came off the bench and won all 3 games this year he has started. But since Dak has missed 3 games he is all of the sudden going to be rusty. How long should we play the Dak is rusty excuse game, 3 or 4 losses?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Interesting......Rush came off the bench and won all 3 games this year he has started. But since Dak has missed 3 games he is all of the sudden going to be rusty. How long should we play the Dak is rusty excuse game, 3 or 4 losses?
Passing Yards
WSH
T. Heinicke7-22, 121 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT
DAL
D. Prescott28-39, 330 YDS, 4 TD

You deserve Heinicke you want him..

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Exactly right. They make it sound like our defense scored 25 points and Rush laid an egg.

the last egg I saw laid was a 3 point performance by their boy in the season opener

And good as Tampa Defense maybe, it really didn't look like we were facing a juggernaut that day. The defense made that game winnable and in the age of mediocrity we have managed to score a lot more on some better defenses than we faced in the opener. We get bombarded on here with propaganda on how great #1 is on here all the time, but when we lose a game we are given a bunch of excuses all the time. Weird how in one breath people can claim that the guy is one of the best QBs currently in the NFL, but then they don't have expectations as one would have of other QBs in that tier that they try to place him in, top 5 was it?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dallas was 0-1 and had lost their starting QB. Dallas was declared dead.

But Rush came in and saved the Dallas season. He has overachieved and is the first quarter of the season MVP. Dallas is now 3-1, and 2-0 in the division. Thank you Cooper Rush.

But now Dallas must think long term. IF Prescott is ready for this weeks game against LAR he MUST play. Even if Dallas looks bad on offense and loses against LAR, Prescott needs to play to knock off the rust and get reps with the offense in a real game, not practice.

The game that matters is the week after, the Philadelphia game. The divisional game.

Rush has put Dallas in a great position. But Dallas needs to build on that. The next two weeks will have a large say to what kind of team Dallas actually has.

Let's go Boys!!!

You don't bench season MVPs......:popcorn:

Shane612

Reaction score
We saw his ceiling. He’s a good back up who ca. win games. He needs to be good in the red zone like dak does. The red zone separates the great from the good.
Dak was good in the red zone? Maybe my memory is failing me, but when was Dallas ever consistently good in the red zone with Dak? It's been a couple of years at least.
Who is their go-to red zone receiver in the current roster?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What does Heinicke have to do with the excuse of Dak being rusty?

Dak shred this d last year with thier best guy playing....but "It was a bad team" now its AWSOME we kicked a bunch of filed goals and barley won..."Rush for president" for 20 points

Bing

Reaction score
Dak shred this d last year with thier best guy playing....but "It was a bad team" now its AWSOME we kicked a bunch of filed goals and barley won..."Rush for president" for 20 points

I sorry, you must have a major problem with reading comprehension. Again I posted why should Dak get a free pass to suck if Rush didnt. BTW I dont like either QB very much, neither one of them are going to take us anywhere. I'm in the, let's take a QB in the 1st round group.

Shane612

Reaction score
we're not beating the Rams with Rush or Dak,If we beat them it will be the defense doing it. So if Dak is anything but 100% sit him
Yeah. Jerry should call the Rams' front office and tell them his cowboys aren't showing up. Why bother?
They gonna lose anyway.
:laugh::muttley::facepalm::facepalm:

12+88=7

Reaction score

He didn’t play in the preseason and 3.5 quarters in game one. That's it.

Plus he has to adjust to the injury.

He needs the reps. That's how it works with all players that haven't played much.

vig454

Reaction score
Thinking Rush is the answer will lead to ruining any football cred you ever had for sure. its sickenong how dumb some are on tis board..Dak kills bad teams like wash.."Its a crap team" Rush needs a defenisve gem to win "Look at this play" ridiculous.
Well delusional fans as dumb as you are ok with moral Dak victories. So now you're the authority on credible opinions ? ****:lmao:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I sorry, you must have a major problem with reading comprehension. Again I posted why should Dak get a free pass to suck if Rush didnt. BTW I dont like either QB very much, neither one of them are going to take us anywhere. I'm in the, let's take a QB in the 1st round group.

I think Rush has somewhat ruined the position we'll be drafting in. People are now trying to say it was an overreaction how others felt about the season openers being one of the worst cowboys games in recent memory. Dak didn't get a chance to prove anyone wrong by balling out week 2, so many's opinions about Dak not being the answer for the future that were formed during the game have not been changed. I don't think Rush is the answer either, after Game 1 it felt like it would be one of those disastrous type seasons where we would at least get a good draft pick out of it. I enjoy the winning, but I don't see our team getting better next season either.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
No matter who the QB is we need better play calling. It baffles me that don’t have 3 or 4 plays designed to get Turpin open and let him use his speed, same with Pollard.

when’s the last time this team has even run a flea flicker? That seems like decent play that could allow Turpin to get a step or 2.

May be wrong but did they not try two flea flickers against TB that should have gotten wonder boy fired after the game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Well math isnt your thing then, and clearly i dont care that you dont "Get" what i was saying.If you want mediocre the Rush is your dude..and please try and comprehend this...ill give you a second..Dak smoked this bad team last year....what was your first question again that no mere human could comprehend?

Bing

Reaction score
Ex
He didn’t play in the preseason and 3.5 quarters in game one. That's it.

Plus he has to adjust to the injury.

He needs the reps. That's how it works with all players that haven't played much.

Ok so Rush played some in 3 preseason games with mostly players that are not even on the team now but he came in and has gelled with his receivers just fine, ran the plays and has read the opposing defense very well, ...so what are you trying to say...Dak is slow so so he needs extra time so it's ok if he sucks in his first few games back?

Bing

Reaction score
Well math isnt your thing then, and clearly i dont care that you dont "Get" what i was saying.If you want mediocre the Rush is your dude..and please try and comprehend this...ill give you a second..Dak smoked this bad team last year....what was your first question again that no mere human could comprehend?

Lol...quit living in the past man. It doesn't matter what someone or some team did last year. That's history. Again you missed the part about I dont care much for either quarterback...that's ok I know your trying your best.