Rush has run his course

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
Dallas was 0-1 and had lost their starting QB. Dallas was declared dead.

But Rush came in and saved the Dallas season. He has overachieved and is the first quarter of the season MVP. Dallas is now 3-1, and 2-0 in the division. Thank you Cooper Rush.

But now Dallas must think long term. IF Prescott is ready for this weeks game against LAR he MUST play. Even if Dallas looks bad on offense and loses against LAR, Prescott needs to play to knock off the rust and get reps with the offense in a real game, not practice.

The game that matters is the week after, the Philadelphia game. The divisional game.

Rush has put Dallas in a great position. But Dallas needs to build on that. The next two weeks will have a large say to what kind of team Dallas actually has.

Let's go Boys!!!
Rush is hanging on by a thread in some of these games

Bing

Reaction score
Show me then...wanna bet on who actually keeps an NFL QB job starting?..lets go bet me...
LOL....bet you...what which of the two crappy QBs that Dallas has are going to start....what are you twelve

Last edited:

Bing

Reaction score
It's not just Prescott, it's every player that hasn't played that needs reps to get up to speed.

In another thread I posted how after tonight's game and tomorrow's game the Dallas defense will be 2nd in points given up. That is great.

But then I looked at points scored and when this week is over Dallas could be 29th in points scored. Only Indianapolis, Chicago, and Denver will be worse.

Now Dallas is winning, but this model will not work going forward. Dallas needs more offense to compete when they step up in competition.

I believe Prescott has the ability to produce more offense than Rush. I believe Rush has reached his ceiling.

Neither QB is going to produce enough to take this team anywhere....we have been waiting on Dak to do something for 6 seasons now. We have seen him at his best and unfortunately it's not enough...what do you think all of the sudden he is going to magically start playing better now then what he has over the past 6 years? Sorry that's just not going to happen. Dak should of never been given a second contract but our idiot owners dont have a clue.

Rush is not going to win us anything either but remember you're the one that said every player including Dak needs time to get up to speed. How about giving Rush more then 3 games to see what he can do. Its obvious even in that short of time he can read the defense better and has a better touch throwing the ball then Dak.

It's pretty bad when a undrafted QB that no other team wanted is playing as well or better then our 6 year starting QB. That's the Cowboys in a nutshell

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score

But Rush came in and saved the Dallas season. He has overachieved and is the first quarter of the season MVP. Dallas is now 3-1, and 2-0 in the division. Thank you Cooper Rush.

But now Dallas must think long term. IF Prescott is ready for this weeks game against LAR he MUST play. Even if Dallas looks bad on offense and loses against LAR, Prescott needs to play to knock off the rust and get reps with the offense in a real game, not practice.

The game that matters is the week after, the Philadelphia game. The divisional game.

Rush has put Dallas in a great position. But Dallas needs to build on that. The next two weeks will have a large say to what kind of team Dallas actually has.

Let's go Boys!!!
Dak is not going to play this week. He may not play vs Philly.
He has not even passed the ball yet or received clearance to practice.
First, the healing must be where if he hits it again, it won’t reinjure.
Second, he has to do more than light tossing back and forth at 10 yards on the side (all he’s done so far). He has to work out and throw all passes and not have swelling.
Third, he has to take snaps and have full practices and show he has the velocity and comfort back.

He is just now starting the rehab process. Unless Dallas has hidden what he’s been doing, I’d bet $500 he doesn’t even suit up this week vs the Rams. I’ll be a little surprised if he’s a full go vs Philly. This is not the end of the season playoff push. Even if we lose the next two games and are 3-3, Rush did more than anyone dared to hope. Every win he helped get kept us afloat and gives us the freedom to make sure Dak is 100% healthy and has the time to knock off the rust. Consider he hasn’t even thrown a pass in practice in almost a month. Cooper Rush will be starting at least another week or two if not more.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Neither QB is going to produce enough to take this team anywhere....we have been waiting on Dak to do something for 6 seasons now. We have seen him at his best and unfortunately it's not enough...what do you think all of the sudden he is going to magically start playing better now then what he has over the past 6 years? Sorry that's just not going to happen. Dak should of never been given a second contract but our idiot owners dont have a clue.

Rush is not going to win us anything either but remember you're the one that said every player including Dak needs time to get up to speed. ..how about giving Rush more then 3 games to see what he can do. Its obvious he can read the defense better and has a better touch throwing the ball.
I've come to a similar conclusion in that neither QB seem to be the long term solution. But if Rush somehow beats the Rams, then at that point IIMO he's earned the starting job. Dak is the QB that has shown me that he doesn't have the football IQ to compensate for his growing health concerns and soon to be declining athleticism.

LittleD

Reaction score
Sorry but, Dak...not Romo...needs the Rush treatment. Rush is winning so I would let Dak rot on the bench like Romo did.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
as I see it: (just a guess but we are losing the next 2 games) BUT.......
Option 1: Dak comes back against Rams -- wins..........FO and fanbase is happy in general. Honestly the best case scenario.
Option 2: Dak comes back and loses ---- fans and media ask why he came back so quick and everything is questioned again. Bad for FO in media. Rush price just went up more, and more controversy.
Option 3: Cooper starts -- loses --- FO says see this is why Dak, and the media touts how Dak would have won this one, and how Rush is a backup, and this is why we pay Dak. Good for FO
Option 4: Cooper starts -- wins --- FO would have a hard time making a change till Rush loses at this point. Might be the worse scenario for the FO. $40M man basically forced to sit the bench. If Rush beat the Rams, how do you bench him for Philly?

I am just wondering which option the FO takes considering the fall out, and whether they think they have a chance really to beat the Rams.

I expect them to bring back Dak as fast as they can because the longer Cooper is winning, the worse that $40M deal looks. I think Jerry's ego means way more to him than winning, although I think he wants to win -- his way with Dak and Zeke.

Bing

Reaction score
I've come to a similar conclusion in that neither QB seem to be the long term solution. But if Rush somehow beats the Rams, then at that point IIMO he's earned the starting job. Dak is the QB that has shown me that he doesn't have the football IQ to compensate for his growing health concerns and soon to be declining athleticism.

Exactly we have been waiting 6 years for Dak to take us somewhere and it just hasn't occured and it not going to.

The Dak homers are just waiting for Rush to mess up or for Dallas to lose so they can scream , see I told you so. I guess they believe the past 6 years has been Utopia for Dallas....lol.

Nothing more then a rerun of the Romo and Dak episode, just change the date and names.

Our only hope is one day someone with enough football sense can talk whoever is running this insane asylum at that time into drafting a real QB in the 1st round.

Last edited:

12+88=7

Reaction score

Rush is not going to win us anything either but remember you're the one that said every player including Dak needs time to get up to speed. How about giving Rush more then 3 games to see what he can do. Its obvious even in that short of time he can read the defense better and has a better touch throwing the ball then Dak.

It's pretty bad when a undrafted QB that no other team wanted is playing as well or better then our 6 year starting QB. That's the Cowboys in a nutshell

I believe that Prescott can elevate the offense from where it is right now. That's all I'm saying.

Dallas won, but as I'm watching the game I realize that this model will not work in the future. Dallas needs more offense to help it's defense and Rush is not going to get better. We have seen his ceiling.

On the other hand Dallas lead the league in scoring last year. Give Dallas something close to that type of offense and with this defense they can accomplish what many believe can't be accomplished.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I don’t. He got lucky today with the 2 interceptions that were overturned by penalty.
Really, so you would rather have the TOAD HUNTER at the helm....LOL! Since the second half of last season Dakota " Toad Hunter" Prescot has played like a mediocre BACKUP QUARTERBACK! The game against TB was flat out horrible, he had a look of desperation on his face the whole time he played in that game. R-U-S-H on the other hand has played like a true starter in the NFL. You look at his face and you don't see sweat running down his face like he's been squirted with a ton of water, you look at his face and you don't see some blank stare like he looks drunk like, no you see a player who has been handed the reins of this team and is off and running. He's elevated his game and with him as the starter this team is 3-0. The only reason he's not 4-0 is because he probably got zero snaps with the starters leading up to the TB game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Really, so you would rather have the TOAD HUNTER at the helm....LOL! Since the second half of last season Dakota " Toad Hunter" Prescot has played like a mediocre BACKUP QUARTERBACK! The game against TB was flat out horrible, he had a look of desperation on his face the whole time he played in that game. R-U-S-H on the other hand has played like a true starter in the NFL. You look at his face and you don't see sweat running down his face like he's been squirted with a ton of water, you look at his face and you don't see some blank stare like he looks drunk like, no you see a player who has been handed the reins of this team and is off and running. He's elevated his game and with him as the starter this team is 3-0. The only reason he's not 4-0 is because he probably got zero snaps with the starters leading up to the TB game.
Back to your Mom’s basement.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Your right. Dallas will be the underdog againt LAR. But I feel they will have abetter chance to wi with Prescott and the defense over Rush and the defense.
Have you seen Dak throw the ball yet? I haven't. If he can't throw the ball effectively why would you think we have a better chance with him?

To make the QB competition fair, you should make sure Dak's thumb is at 100%.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Let's go Boys!!!
Not unless hes 100%

not putting Dak back in unless he 100% free of swelling and has a firm grip. I believe he rushed back from the calf strain, and it hurt him and us down the stretch. hopefully hes ready by the eagle's game but im not inserting Dak in the rams game at 85% , however maybe as protection, hes the #2 and if Rush and the offense just gets overwhelmed maybe Dak comes into save the day.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Have you seen Dak throw the ball yet? I haven't. If he can't throw the ball effectively why would you think we have a better chance with him?

To make the QB competition fair, you should make sure Dak's thumb is at 100%.

Right now Prescott can't throw the ball, but as soon as he can, Dallas needs to make the change at QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That's not how it works. And while I do think the defense is why we are 3-1....you don't win game 0-0. Rush has scored just enough point to win these games. You need your QB to make plays. T

You mean Rush did not make any plays? Weird logic! Then if he does not make plays how did he win 3 games. Did the defense score all those points? Your love for him is just not normal.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Option #97 1/2 - Dak comes back, re-injures his thumb.

The "NFL World" (whoever they are) wonders why Dak was on the field to begin with!

Coaches never win the public opinion poll!

G

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Rush is hanging on by a thread in some of these games

Yeah he caught two MAJOR breaks yesterday with the two INTs eliminated by penalties. Similar to the 3 dropped INTs against Cincy. Dude is flirting with disaster.. If either one of those goes the other way we might lose both those games and are having a very different conversation about him right now. I like the way he plays the game but he's made his share of head scratcher throws as well as some that his arm just wasn't strong enough to get the ball there on time.. Eventually better DCs will figure this out and find ways to take away the short to intermediate stuff and force him to throw the deep outs and the over the tops.. When that happens he gonna have problems.. Either way one of those floaters to the boundaries is going to get pick-sixed eventually. I'd rather that happen in a preseason game next year personally..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You mean Rush did not make any plays? Weird logic! Then if he does not make plays how did he win 3 games. Did the defense score all those points? Your love for him is just not normal.
You don’t even know what you’re talking about the time I’m defending Rush you putting your nose into something just go lol.