Rush has run his course

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ex

Ok so Rush played some in 3 preseason games with mostly players that are not even on the team now but he came in and has gelled with his receivers just fine, ran the plays and has read the opposing defense very well, ...so what are you trying to say...Dak is slow so so he needs extra time so it's ok if he sucks in his first few games back?

Again math isnt your thing...Dak destroyed Wash defense last year.he is like 56 points slow and Rush is like 20 points slow...hmmm

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol...quit living in the past man. It doesn't matter what someone or some team did last year. That's history. Again you missed the part about I dont care much for either quarterback...that's ok I know your trying your best.

Show me then...wanna bet on who actually keeps an NFL QB job starting?..lets go bet me...

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't know about that, but it's going to get real interesting watching him play legit teams.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Ex

Ok so Rush played some in 3 preseason games with mostly players that are not even on the team now but he came in and has gelled with his receivers just fine, ran the plays and has read the opposing defense very well, ...so what are you trying to say...Dak is slow so so he needs extra time so it's ok if he sucks in his first few games back?

It's not just Prescott, it's every player that hasn't played that needs reps to get up to speed.

In another thread I posted how after tonight's game and tomorrow's game the Dallas defense will be 2nd in points given up. That is great.

But then I looked at points scored and when this week is over Dallas could be 29th in points scored. Only Indianapolis, Chicago, and Denver will be worse.

Now Dallas is winning, but this model will not work going forward. Dallas needs more offense to compete when they step up in competition.

I believe Prescott has the ability to produce more offense than Rush. I believe Rush has reached his ceiling.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I must admit I am confused why this needs to be so hotly debated.. Rush has done his job... He has kept the team afloat in the absence of the starter. He's gotten extremely lucky to hit DBs in the hands at least 3 times against Cincy and have them drop the ball and he was bailed out of two horrible INTs today by penalties. He is flirting with disaster. His lack of arm strength is going to catch up to him eventually. Kudos to the coaches for milking three wins out of Rush given his limitations. But eventually the offense is going to need to do more.. I don't know if Rush can do more. He has not really shown it. I have lots of evidence that Prescott can..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I must admit I am confused why this needs to be so hotly debated.. Rush has done his job... He has kept the team afloat in the absence of the starter. He's gotten extremely lucky to hit DBs in the hands at least 3 times against Cincy and have them drop the ball and he was bailed out of two horrible INTs today by penalties. He is flirting with disaster. His lack of arm strength is going to catch up to him eventually. Kudos to the coaches for milking three wins out of Rush given his limitations. But eventually the offense is going to need to do more.. I don't know if Rush can do more. He has not really shown it. I have lots of evidence that Prescott can..

Exactly

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is only hard to see if you seriously dont like Dak.. otherwise there is no comparison

shabazz

Reaction score
Show me then...wanna bet on who actually keeps an NFL QB job starting?..lets go bet me...

wow man……sad to see such desperation and insecurity from the threat of an UDFA with 4 whole career starts. It’s a bad look and embarrassing to see in a grown man.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
wow man……sad to see such desperation and insecurity from the threat of an UDFA with 4 whole career starts. It’s a bad look and embarrassing to see in a grown man.

Clearly seeing what you want to see..

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Problem is that I'm right. Zeke proves me right every year now. Ive been hammering Zeke for years now and he's been going straight downhill.

Pollard is just the icing on the cake. Even now with two bad games, Pollard leads the Cowboys in YPC. Finally gets 13 carries last week and goes over 100 yards.

Most people at this point agree that Pollard either deserves equal carries or 60/40. Ive been saying it now for 3 years.

So say what you want about my obsession but I have been spot on.
I don’t have a problem giving Pollard more carries, even 50-50 with Elliott. I’m just saying Pollard was bad today and I don’t think more carries today would’ve made much difference. Their Dline dominated our Oline in the run game.

shabazz

Reaction score
Clearly seeing what you want to see..

I’ve seen it in your pathetic thread dedicated to one pass from Rush that wasn’t placed perfectly.

your merely exhibit “B” in the short list of guys licking their chops waiting for Coopers first loss

Now me, I don’t have a dog in this fight as I’m on record as repeatedly saying that team doesn’t have the next Qb on this team that will lift a Lombardi trophy.

but you?…..you’re all in with Mr. Prescott. Keep fighting the good fight but he will eventually let you down like he has the rest of the fans. Be sure to turn out the lights when you’re the last to leave the Rayne Dakota personal fan club.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If you believe Rush gives Dallas a better chance to win over the long term than Prescott, then there isn't much else to say.
I don't think Rush is the answer but I do think the way he has played has showed everyone Dak is not the answer and this team is going to squander the next few years wasting away this defense they are have assembled.

Hadenough

Reaction score
e, I don’t have a dog in this fight as I’m on record as repeatedly saying that team doesn’t have the next Qb on this team that will lift a Lombardi trophy.
These people just don't get it. It's not that we think Rush is the next Drew Brees. We realize Rush is doing a great job as a back up. What we are learning from Rush is Dak is not the answer. We see how Rush is throwing timing routes that we haven't seen in years. He is getting rid of the ball quickly and not holding onto it forcing the offensive line to take blame for a sack. Dak is a good front runner but when put in a close game with a little pressure he just crumbles. Slow to read defenses, and refusing to throw into tight coverage. People are starting to take note, hey maybe it's not the coaches and other players. Maybe it's Dak!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dallas was 0-1 and had lost their starting QB. Dallas was declared dead.

But Rush came in and saved the Dallas season. He has overachieved and is the first quarter of the season MVP. Dallas is now 3-1, and 2-0 in the division. Thank you Cooper Rush.

But now Dallas must think long term. IF Prescott is ready for this weeks game against LAR he MUST play. Even if Dallas looks bad on offense and loses against LAR, Prescott needs to play to knock off the rust and get reps with the offense in a real game, not practice.

The game that matters is the week after, the Philadelphia game. The divisional game.

Rush has put Dallas in a great position. But Dallas needs to build on that. The next two weeks will have a large say to what kind of team Dallas actually has.

Let's go Boys!!!
Agreed ONLY if Dak can grip a football and throw it well without any pain. If not, best to keep Cooper Rush starting.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
These people just don't get it. It's not that we think Rush is the next Drew Brees. We realize Rush is doing a great job as a back up. What we are learning from Rush is Dak is not the answer. We see how Rush is throwing timing routes that we haven't seen in years. He is getting rid of the ball quickly and not holding onto it forcing the offensive line to take blame for a sack. Dak is a good front runner but when put in a close game with a little pressure he just crumbles. Slow to read defenses, and refusing to throw into tight coverage. People are starting to take note, hey maybe it's not the coaches and other players. Maybe it's Dak!
I somewhat agree. Rush ia playing at 110% and I'm loving him for it. And I even more love the discovery of Moore's versatility. He had to adapt to his backup QB and he delivered. I do fear that with Dak back at the helm they go back to what made them suck last year ever since game 8 (yes that includes the wins against the depleted and high school level divisional opponents).

With that being said, Dak is the better QB overall. Better skillset, more mobile and he has the stronger arm. Behind that ever improving o line he's the one that should take on the Rams and the birds.

But, IF Cooper plays against LA and wins, then it's a whole 'nother ballgame. Winning against a true competitor is all that matters with the play offs in mind. I just don't wanna see yet another absolutely irrelevant 12-5 and one and out season.

So let Dak heal as long as he needs to get back in tip top shape and then play him no matter who's the opponent. Last year he was great right out of the gate, it's what I'd expect from my QB1 (if he only could have stayed on that level). No "shaking of the rust" period needed.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I somewhat agree. Rush ia playing at 110% and I'm loving him for it. And I even more love the discovery of Moore's versatility. He had to adapt to his backup QB and he delivered. I do fear that with Dak back at the helm they go back to what made them suck last year ever since game 8 (yes that includes the wins against the depleted and high school level divisional opponents).

With that being said, Dak is the better QB overall. Better skillset, more mobile and he has the stronger arm. Behind that ever improving o line he's the one that should take on the Rams and the birds.

But, IF Cooper plays against LA and wins, then it's a whole 'nother ballgame. Winning against a true competitor is all that matters with the play offs in mind. I just don't wanna see yet another absolutely irrelevant 12-5 and one and out season.

So let Dak heal as long as he needs to get back in tip top shape and then play him no matter who's the opponent. Last year he was great right out of the gate, it's what I'd expect from my QB1 (if he only could have stayed on that level). No "shaking of the rust" period needed.
I agree! And would actually like to see Cooper give it a try against the Rams. See how he handles a tougher game. The thing about Dak is I don't feel he is going to be able to get over that hump of beating better teams because we just look at his performances over the last 6 years and these better defenses really cause him to struggle. I don't think the running game will work as well with Dak as it is Rush because of the consistency. Dak will have more explosive plays but he isn't a 15 play march down the field possession QB.

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't think Rush is the answer but I do think the way he has played has showed everyone Dak is not the answer and this team is going to squander the next few years wasting away this defense they are have assembled.

Exactly right. But the Jones’s are stuck with this albatross and there’s no chance of unloading him or his salary burden. A lot of us predicted this and it’s going to get worse before getting better now that he’s clearly regressing and becoming injury prone. 160 million dollars of waste product