Rush has run his course

TheCritic

Reaction score
Exactly we have been waiting 6 years for Dak to take us somewhere and it just hasn't occured and it not going to.

The Dak homers are just waiting for Rush to mess up or for Dallas to lose so they can scream , see I told you so. I guess they believe the past 6 years has been Utopia for Dallas....lol.

Nothing more then a rerun of the Romo and Dak episode, just change the date and names.

Our only hope is one day someone with enough football sense can talk whoever is running this insane asylum at that time into drafting a real QB in the 1st round.

Honestly, I think Dak's career suffered from being thrown too early into being a starting NFL QB. Never had the time to grow, mature, learn, carry the clipboard, watch other QBs. I also think Kellen Moore and Dak were never a good fit for one another. Kellen was a cerebral QB in college that never had the arm or athleticism and his first QB project as an OC is Dak Prescott? Kellen has now spent several seasons trying to make Dak into something he is not.

What type of QB is a Kellen QB? Answer: Cooper Rush

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why do people automatically assume that Dak would of won the games Cooper did. They also seem to think when he comes back the Cowboys are going on a winning streak. Ive seen Dak play a lot worse than Cooper and it's not even close. Dak has been shell shocked like he has had PTSD. Dallas needs to just admit they have a problem. It's Daks play doesn't match up with his contract. And it never did! The team plays harder for Rush than they do for Dak and Rush is a team player.

Cmac

Reaction score
The same success that led to one playoff win in the last 7 years? Didn’t y’all hang Romo for 1 win in his first 7 years?

If it wasn’t for a lackluster NFCE, Dak would be shining tires at auto bell.
......then let's see Cooper against the Rams. And if Dak would be shining tires.....Cooper would be handing him the lug nuts. Why do that?

LocoBates

Reaction score
The difference was Romo was out for like 10 weeks.

Prescott will only be out 4 weeks max.

If Romo had only been out 4 weeks, he would have been the starter when healthy.

Yes I hear you, but I do think 4 weeks is what Jones and Dak want, not what MDs / Surgeons think or recommend (some say it is a 6 to 8 weeks healing process).

Honestly I don't think it is a "weeks" issue, it is a Team results matter or "W"s if you will, in the case of Romo Dak was on a hot streak (insert the - dink and dunk passes, Monster Zeke form , Massive Talented Team, weak opponents - reasons here) and the results were there, so Jones thought why move it?. in 2016 on the 4th and 5th games Jones and even Dak were still saying "this is Romo's Team" and Jones saying Romo is our QB.... welp... in hindsight (hypothetically / assuming Romo was healthy) I doubt Jones would have put Romo back on the 6th or 8th game and that's the problem, both Jones and Dak know it and are trying to avoid it now by putting Dak on the field ASAP.
It is a very very long shot, but if Rush/Dallas win vs LA and PHIL Jones will be in the exact same predicament (if it ever was) as in 2016, I know Romo wasn't making $160M or $40M /season, but I do know he was getting paid Millions in 2016 and Dak was getting paid hundreds of thousands that season, and so is more or less the case right now with Dak and Rush, so I doubt money is a guarantee, W's are though.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
Yeah he caught two MAJOR breaks yesterday with the two INTs eliminated by penalties. Similar to the 3 dropped INTs against Cincy. Dude is flirting with disaster.. If either one of those goes the other way we might lose both those games and are having a very different conversation about him right now. I like the way he plays the game but he's made his share of head scratcher throws as well as some that his arm just wasn't strong enough to get the ball there on time.. Eventually better DCs will figure this out and find ways to take away the short to intermediate stuff and force him to throw the deep outs and the over the tops.. When that happens he gonna have problems.. Either way one of those floaters to the boundaries is going to get pick-sixed eventually. I'd rather that happen in a preseason game next year personally..
Dak is superior