Rush or Lance

JBS

Reaction score
If Dak is done for the season. Rush is not the guy. You see what Lance has. That was why he was brought in for.
That isn’t what I’m referencing. Lance playing a few snaps early in the season accomplishes nothing

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am thinking that is typical coach speak.
But what if it's not what if he knows that Cooper rush is what he is he's not special at all and if you look at those wins and losses that four in one record or five in one record if you look at those games and break them down Cooper Ross was so overrated he got lucky that some of those games that the rest of the team played like elite.. We all witnessed it but maybe he sees a lot more upside and the same the way we see it is well Prescott's down for the year you might as well get somebody you want to see more live action in real games because you know what why win four or five more games with Cooper rush when you can probably lose those games let Trey Lance have a taste of the regular season and see what you have in him and then we get a better draft pick.. Isn't that a win win? Yes at this stage to win a game or two if Prescott like he did Timmy had the calf issue or whatever and he missed the game that's OK to have Cooper rush but I just don't know how they're gonna play it because he just changed the rules where you can't have unlimited call ups from the practice squad and you can't protect your third quarterback he has to be on the 53.. I mean Mike McCarthy could have been tipping his hand I don't know but that's how I took it he might wanna see more of Trey Lance and he don't have any other way to do it except make him his number 2

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper is something like 5-1 as a starter. He isn't going to go out there and throw 5 interceptions. If Dak goes down for a few games, do you want to lose them all just to see how a soon to be unrestricted free agent does?
I think it's a mistake to use that game as a Lance interception machine. It's my opinion they leashed him the previous two....then let him loose for #3.

I think he will play more cautious with 1s, while also having ...1s.

It's an opinion but it seems to make sense....to me. :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They might surprise you with Lance. These coaches are capable of winning a few games with the Lance offense and coach him up as he gains experience.
He can't read a defense. Running may work in preseason but a defense that knows you can't throw....limited.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m going with Cooper Rush and so will the team because he’s 5-1 as a starter and they have faith in him. He helped keep our season afloat in 2022. Lance was given every opportunity to take the backup job and he didn’t do it. Some of you continue to want to go with him even though he hasn’t looked good. I don’t need to see a debacle during the regular season to realize he’s not the answer. I saw enough in preseason to know that.
You may be correct, but Jerry is going to over ride everyone and make Lance the #2.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You may be correct, but Jerry is going to over ride everyone and make Lance the #2.
After what we saw last Saturday afternoon, no he won’t! They’ll probably use Lance as a situational QB during the season. Plays designed where he can use his legs.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Depends on what you want. ONly 1 QB can give you the dream scenario, and no, its not winning the SB.

How many years does Dak need to prove he cant do it, and please note if you were a Garrett fan and believe Garrett needed 20 years to learn how to coach. Than it makes sense.

Also for the Trey people who think he can win it. what did he do to prove that to you?

Treat this like math and show your work.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After what we saw last Saturday afternoon, no he won’t! They’ll probably use Lance as a situational QB during the season. Plays designed where he can use his legs.
Agreed, but the only way Lance could be a situational QB is if he is #2 and Rush is #3.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It depends on the situation, if Dak is injured and it's only a couple games and still in the playoff hunt, then it's Rush. Rush will manage the game and keep us in contention. If Dak is injured and out for the year, then it's Lance, he gets some experience and helps improve our draft position.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lance. They need to see what he can do with the starters against other teams starters. With game plans and team tendacies.
Also depends what part of the season. If in the playoff hunt, who would they trust more.

This is where it is important to get Trey some snaps early in the season. Have a few designed packages for him. Take advantage of his athletic ability.
With the first team, Lance, I bet, would only throw 3 picks a game.
That is OK. We need a Top 10 draft pick in 2025.

conner01

Reaction score
Why do we need to see Trey to see that he can do, what if he doesn't want to stay after this season
Why would he want to stay? It’s gonna be hard enough for him to accept the fact his pay check is about to go to a vet min if he signs anywhere. Pride wouldn’t let him stay at what he’s worth

John813

Reaction score
Rush. We know what he can do. Can't stretch the field but has enough smarts and accuracy to give the team a chance to win.

Lance is just too raw if the plan is to win a few games if Dak gets injured. Honestly wish he could be waived for the P.S., but I doubt the FO lets it happen.

Havic

Reaction score
Lance, I can at least get him to run around and pick up some easy 1st downs and limit his throws to 20 in a bind. Rush was carried by the defense the year he had to play. I like Rush but I'm going with potential over a maxed out ceiling.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
When the outcome is obvious, play Lance and sit Cooper. If it’s STILL a contest, follow the logical heirarchy of Prescott, Rush, Lance.