Rush or Lance

Coy

Reaction score
Lance, they ain’t winning with Dak, we all know that, but in case Dak went down, I’d rather give Lance the shot than Rush, he may not be better than Rush but I do think he’s ceiling could be much higher, why not give him the chance, like I said, either way, they ain’t winning anything this year.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Does it really matter who the backup is? If Dak goes down for the season it wouldn't matter they wouldn't be winning the championship. If Dak was out for a couple of games they could win a game or 2 with either Lance or Rush. I would be fine with letting Lance play. That could work for a couple of games and get him some experience. They would run the ball a lot more with Lance at qb and control the clock.
Dream on Ramho, Lance is going to win a game or two, he'd be lucky to complete a pass, let alone win a game. Lance is a lousy pipe dream, who struggled in three preseason games against NOBODIES. If Prescott can't go, then it's Rush to the rescue. He's the only backup on this team that can win games for the Boys. It's time to either release, trade or demote Lance to the Practice Squad, because he's not close to being a bonafide NFL QB.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Bottom line, the worst case scenario if Dak were to have a season ending injury, with Lance or Rush, Dallas plays one less game than they may have with him.

But with some sort of combination of both Lance and Rush and a dominant defense along with a kicking phenom, Dallas could make it interesting, I bet.

Lance should be used in an option package during the season. His running ability cannot be denied, at this point.
I'd like to see him on the field with Lamb, Cooks and Ferguson in an RPO offense.

rambo2

Reaction score
Dream on Ramho, Lance is going to win a game or two, he'd be lucky to complete a pass, let alone win a game. Lance is a lousy pipe dream, who struggled in three preseason games against NOBODIES. If Prescott can't go, then it's Rush to the rescue. He's the only backup on this team that can win games for the Boys. It's time to either release, trade or demote Lance to the Practice Squad, because he's not close to being a bonafide NFL QB.
Nope

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Lance needs work, but he has shown he will turn the ball over. If we actually want to win that game if Dak isn't available, then we have to play Rush.

No way how you slice it, you lose ballgames when you turn the ball over. If the game doesn't matter, play Lance especially if you want a higher draft pick.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Does it really matter who the backup is? If Dak goes down for the season it wouldn't matter they wouldn't be winning the championship. If Dak was out for a couple of games they could win a game or 2 with either Lance or Rush. I would be fine with letting Lance play. That could work for a couple of games and get him some experience. They would run the ball a lot more with Lance at qb and control the clock.
If Dak stays healthy it wont't matter. Thats been proven for 8 seasons now. The other 2 are unproven. Rush played great 2 years ago in relief.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Does it matter?

Dak can’t win in the playoffs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Dak stays healthy it wont't matter. Thats been proven for 8 seasons now. The other 2 are unproven. Rush played great 2 years ago in relief.
I’m a big Lance fan.

But I think Lance needs more reps with the 1s.

Making Lance QB2 would help.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lance needs work, but he has shown he will turn the ball over. If we actually want to win that game if Dak isn't available, then we have to play Rush.

No way how you slice it, you lose ballgames when you turn the ball over. If the game doesn't matter, play Lance especially if you want a higher draft pick.
Lance has 7 INTs in 10 preseason games.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah your probably right. If they had Darnold or Mayfield they wouldn't miss a beat.

rambo2

Reaction score
If Dak is healthy they compete for the top spot in the NFC.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They arent winning anything at all with Lance. If a defense playing 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers can pick Lance off 5 times, what will a starting defense do

This preseason showed that Lance is not an NFL caliber player