Rush or Lance

rambo2

Reaction score
They arent winning anything at all with Lance. If a defense playing 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers can pick Lance off 5 times, what will a starting defense do

This preseason showed that Lance is not an NFL caliber player
It showed he can run the football and they can play him for a game or 2. He is worth keeping around and working on his development.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It showed he can run the football and they can play him for a game or 2. He is worth keeping around and working on his development.
They cant play him for a game or 2 and expect to be competitive. Even his running wont be nearly as effective against a real NFL defense

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They cant play him for a game or 2 and expect to be competitive. Even his running wont be nearly as effective against a real NFL defense
You do realize he actually has played in regular season NFL games, right? He's already shown to be a pretty effective runner in this league. No reason at all to think those skills wont translate to the regular season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Does it really matter who the backup is? If Dak goes down for the season it wouldn't matter they wouldn't be winning the championship. If Dak was out for a couple of games they could win a game or 2 with either Lance or Rush. I would be fine with letting Lance play. That could work for a couple of games and get him some experience. They would run the ball a lot more with Lance at qb and control the clock.
Rush has to be the #2.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Early in PS Rush hits Brooks deeeeeep . Plus I’m having a hard time getting five picks out of my head against the Chargers .

:facepalm:

khiladi

Reaction score
Does it really matter who the backup is? If Dak goes down for the season it wouldn't matter they wouldn't be winning the championship. If Dak was out for a couple of games they could win a game or 2 with either Lance or Rush. I would be fine with letting Lance play. That could work for a couple of games and get him some experience. They would run the ball a lot more with Lance at qb and control the clock.
They aren’t winning the championship if Dak stays up…

Rush is a way better QB than Lance and he’s a better QB than Dak, outside the fact he doesn’t have an arm and probably can’t throw consistently downfield to push defenses back. If he had an arm, he’d be a starter in the league and Dak would have to skedaddle even before his contract is up.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
They aren’t winning the championship if Dak stays up…

Rush is a way better QB than Lance and he’s a better QB than Dak, outside the fact he doesn’t have an arm and probably can’t throw consistently downfield to push defenses back. If he had an arm, he’d be a starter in the league and Dak would have to skedaddle even before his contract is up.
Madden used to say ‘if IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts - we’d all have a Merry Christmas.’

tico

Reaction score
Holding on to Rush is stupid, UNLESS you plan on trading a QB before trade deadline.

LysleE

Reaction score
A conundrum indeed…Rush is the more consistent QB, more polished with actual game experience; while Lance, who is more athletically gifted, could be a legitimate dual-threat QB with good coaching and game experience, excluding pre-season games with roster hopefuls.
I’m sure the Cowboys can find someone to drive the bus cheaper than what they are paying Dak to do so.