Rush/White

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Linehan oversaw Staffords development. He was also OC for the Vikings in Culpeppers best year in 04

I refuse to believe Linehan is incapable because we’ve seen him put up numbers before. But it’s been with QBs that love to throw it deep. Romo, Stafford Culpepper.

He relies on having studs at WR.

When he was HC of the Rams they were all broken down and going through the phase like we did in early 2000s.

The times his offense hasn’t worked was in StL, Miami with Saban and Garrett when Culpepper signed as FA and got hurt and now when the QB won’t throw and the WRs aren’t very good

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That is my entire point. Dak had a decent coach for at least 2 years, yet his fundamentals didn't really get any better. At some point some of that has to be on the player not just the coach
You're missing the entire point. Dak may not have the talent, but this is just another example of this FO and HC not putting players in a position to succeed. This organization didn't upgrade the talent on the offense, they went the cheap route. Players too often had to succeed in spite of the FO/coaches, not because of them, like Byron playing out of position for years, or thinking anyone can run behind this OL and thinking Randle would be just fine, they expected Tony to be an escape artist and get pounded before they rebuilt the OL, how ,many times has the defense fallen apart when Lee was yet again injured before they got serious and upgraded the LBs. The zero talent WR/TE strategy is another in a long list of poor decisions. Dak is just a symptom of the disease, not the cause of it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Linehan oversaw Staffords development. He was also OC for the Vikings in Culpeppers best year in 04

I refuse to believe Linehan is incapable because we’ve seen him put up numbers before. But it’s been with QBs that love to throw it deep. Romo, Stafford Culpepper.

He relies on having studs at WR.

When he was HC of the Rams they were all broken down and going through the phase like we did in early 2000s.

The times his offense hasn’t worked was in StL, Miami with Saban and Garrett when Culpepper signed as FA and got hurt and now when the QB won’t throw and the WRs aren’t very good

So he can only have success with Dez, Randy Moss and Megatron as his WRs. That's not exactly making the testament for Linehan you think it is.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He can’t ...... and dosent often....and I disagree I think they both go for more then 250 both are just a lot better mechanically and are probably not scared to go downfield with it.
Rush is by far worst than Dak and it's not even close. To say otherwise is foolish. White is a rookie and doesn't have great pocket awareness and would get sacked often.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well we aren't winning with how Dak is playing (he does deserve a little more time to correct himself) but it he can't why not give Rush or White a chance.

A reasonable point in favor of playing Rush or White.

But much like Atlanta for Dak clearly caused him to regress on a long term basis, playing Rush or White before they are NFL ready could have the same effect on them.

That may be an acceptable risk, given the low expectations and price we paid for them. Sink or swim.

The thing is, I don't think Dak is being given a chance either. Linehan is not using what we have in Dak and the rest of the offense well. And by keeping Linehan and promoting Moore, Jerry and Jason didn't give Dak much of a chance either.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
White is a rookie and doesn't have great pocket awareness and would get sacked often.

Nate Newton after the Atlanta game: You don't let a young QB get sacked like that.

Nate knew. Once upon a time everyone knew. You can seriously set a QB's development back by playing him before he is NFL ready.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Nate Newton after the Atlanta game: You don't let a young QB get sacked like that.

Nate knew. Once upon a time everyone knew. You can seriously set a QB's development back by playing him before he is NFL ready.
Great point and add to that Garrett has never developed a QB. He is relying on Moore to develop......... He couldn't even make it as a QB in the league but somehow is going to help develop our franchise QB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Great point and add to that Garrett has never developed a QB. He is relying on Moore to develop......... He couldn't even make it as a QB in the league but somehow is going to help develop our franchise QB.

Biggest clown show move of the offseason.

We had a young but presumed franchise QB who regressed, and we promote the water boy to coach him up.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You're missing the entire point. Dak may not have the talent, but this is just another example of this FO and HC not putting players in a position to succeed. This organization didn't upgrade the talent on the offense, they went the cheap route. Players too often had to succeed in spite of the FO/coaches, not because of them, like Byron playing out of position for years, or thinking anyone can run behind this OL and thinking Randle would be just fine, they expected Tony to be an escape artist and get pounded before they rebuilt the OL, how ,many times has the defense fallen apart when Lee was yet again injured before they got serious and upgraded the LBs. The zero talent WR/TE strategy is another in a long list of poor decisions. Dak is just a symptom of the disease, not the cause of it.

I',m not missing the point, i think maybe you night have missed my original post on this subject. What i said was at some point a player in this case Dak has to help himself too it can't all be on the coaches and i tried to point out that his mechanics going into year 3 have yet to improve even though he had 2 years of coaching from a decent QB coach before Kellen Moore this season

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I’m all for finding a new QB, but that player still has to be found. He is not on this roster right now. And if we are being honest, it’s doubtful that either one ever gets to even Daks caliber.
How can you say that? There is no evidence. Even if they outplayed Dak in preseason and practice, they weren't going to get to play with the 1s. The only way to honestly evaluate is to put them in the same position and see what happens. FWIW, this week is probably not the week to get their feet wet.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Or maybe he just doesn't have the talent you think he has

Oh really? People were saying that about Goff his rookie year under Jeff Fisher and that terrible staff. In comes McVey and Goff shoots up to being one of the top QBs in the league and running one of the more prolific offenses we have seen this era. But yeah, coaching does not make a difference at all...I know it pains some of y'all to admit that because so many want Dak to fail to meet their own agendas they have but Dak under those systems would be much better off than he is now with the clowns we have running this team. Look at Alex Smith right now without Andy Reid and Harbaugh he had for all those years. Completely different looking QB now under Gruden, who is one of the only coaches worse than Garrett. But yeah, its just Smith and not the coaching...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
A reasonable point in favor of playing Rush or White.

But much like Atlanta for Dak clearly caused him to regress on a long term basis, playing Rush or White before they are NFL ready could have the same effect on them.

That may be an acceptable risk, given the low expectations and price we paid for them. Sink or swim.

The thing is, I don't think Dak is being given a chance either. Linehan is not using what we have in Dak and the rest of the offense well. And by keeping Linehan and promoting Moore, Jerry and Jason didn't give Dak much of a chance either.
What people are forgetting is we have seen Dak play at an elite level. Had Dak played terrible since say 1 we wouldn't have had this conversation. A better scheme would really help this offense but they seem lost at times. This coaching staff seems to want to use the same game plan no matter who gets injured or is out. Instead they should make the gameplan to our players strength and attack other teams weakness. It isn't just Dak but the blame goes around for everybody.

By the way last year we were 2-3 and most gave up on the season and then our team got it together and went on a 3 game win streak getting to 5-3 including beating KC and heading into Atlanta with the Zeke suspension. In that 3 game stretch Dallas looked like one of the best teams in the league.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re downplaying 250 yards because Dak can’t get that consistently like real true NFL QBs can. Production production production this team has non all across the offensive board except oline and HB

Pay attention. I didn’t downplay 250 yards, I said there is no logic in thinking that if Dak doesn’t get 250 that somehow means Rush would.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok Omer or may I say know it all Omer....lets sit back and watch another inept check-down game and our HB being mauled as they do not fear Dak....with Dak we know what to expect zzzzzzzz giving Rush or White a shot produces at least HOPE of you never know what might happen ....something Dak can no longer serve up as he STINKS....now enjoy the game and our sub par passing game....gl to us...

Again, nonsense post. As I’ve said, the thinking that things can’t get worse is a fallacy. They can. Dak not playing as well as we would like doesn’t somehow make Rush a better or more ready to play than he is. Rush’s readiness doesn’t go up or down based on how Dak plays.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, nonsense post. As I’ve said, the thinking that things can’t get worse is a fallacy. They can. Dak not playing as well as we would like doesn’t somehow make Rush a better or more ready to play than he is. Rush’s readiness doesn’t go up or down based on how Dak plays.

Simply stuff here bud.....Dak is NOT the answer for us at QB the sooner we find a qualified replacement the better.
How long do you think this High school offense will last ?
Even yesterday he had his goofball moments and lucked out thk God for us....Nice win go Boys!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simply stuff here bud.....Dak is NOT the answer for us at QB the sooner we find a qualified replacement the better.
How long do you think this High school offense will last ?
Even yesterday he had his goofball moments and lucked out thk God for us....Nice win go Boys!

I didn't say Dak was the answer, but even if he's not that doesn't somehow mean Rush is better or more capable. That's the point and where your comments fail to follow logic.