Russell Wilson 4 yr extension $140 million

Sydla

Reaction score
Experience - Wilson
3 seasons - Dak

Dak is STILL improving. Go suck Wilson's jock.

LOL.

This is the best part of these debates. If one has the sheer gall to suggest Dak isn't the best thing ever, you get insightful retorts like "Go suck Wilson's jock".

It really does wonders to build credibility for your point.

And no, Dak didn't have a better 3 first three seasons than Wilson.

erod

Reaction score
I think fans believe Dak is a winner.

No, they don't.

They believe Dak can win as long as he has an elite running game, an elite offensive line, receivers like Cooper who can turn 10-yard slants into touchdowns, and an above-average defense.

He's a spoke in a wheel. However, his spoke is going to cost a bajillion dollars, which means other spokes will soon need to be sacrificed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That’s the part people just ignore. I was kinda joking (sigh...just realized how that sounds) when I said this gave us the frame work for a deal, it shouldn’t. Dak shouldn’t approach Wilson money, but it is going to have an effect.

Even knowing why I know now, it was still the smart thing to tag Lawrence, and imo, he earned his long term deal, but it did cost us a lot. He would have been cheaper last year, just like Dak will be cheaper in 2019 than he will in 2020.
Exactly right! "Dak shouldn't approach Wilson money, but it is going to have an effect." That's it in a nutshell.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'd rather draft a QB then give Dak 30 mill.

It just seems like common sense but nobody uses common sense when it comes to the QB position.

Sydla

Reaction score
If a franchise still doesnt know what their QB is after this many years and still needs to spend 2 more years figuring it out then why should we be confident they can just go replace him and upgrade the position?

I think fans believe Dak is a winner. I don't think fans believe Dak is Patrick Mahommes but I believe fans see this man's leadership and winning and realize we are better off with him than without him.

With our roster we won't be in a position to draft a top qb in the foreseeable future. Hitting on a QB in the later rounds is like winning the lottery.
Heck hitting on QB's even in the first round is a pretty good sized gamble.

Because the reality is we have a QB right now that has had a great year, an average to below average year and a good year. The reality is that we still don't know what we have in Dak if one is perfectly honest with themselves. What Dak has proven thus far is that he can play decently to well if he has a perfect supporting cast, but once that cast crumbles, he struggles mightily. Is that the type of QB you want to hand over a huge contract too?

And it's great that we got a great return on our fourth round pick with Dak. He's clearly overplayed his draft position. But that's a horrible reason to lock up a guy to a huge contract.

Honest question. How are you feeling two years from now when Dak is the largest cap hit on the team, by a mile, and he's just plugging along like an average to just above average QB?

There's really no downside to waiting to sign him. Sure, it might cost you a few million more if he plays well but that's a far better outcome than handing him a 5 year deal, with an AAV over $30MM and a huge amount of guaranteed money and then he goes out and plays like a mid-level NFL QB.

817Gill

Reaction score
Besides JG, he is THE weak link on this team. An actual elite QB would have us atop the NFC each year
I swear some people act like our roster is flawless year in and year out lol. The second half of 2018 is the only time in Dak’s career you can argue he’s had a SB roster offense and defense

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
No, they don't.

They believe Dak can win as long as he has an elite running game, an elite offensive line, receivers like Cooper who can turn 10-yard slants into touchdowns, and an above-average defense.

He's a spoke in a wheel. However, his spoke is going to cost a bajillion dollars, which means other spokes will soon need to be sacrificed.
Well they do. Fans do think Dak is a winner. Needing talent around you to win in the NFL is not some unusual scenario. Dak doesn't make it look pretty but when the games are on the line he does what is needed to put the team on his back and win.

Too many fans over value our team talent level and get caught up under valuing the talent of other teams. Fans watch a NFL broadcast and hear Chris Collingsworth and Joe Buck ball riding other QB's and this makes them falsely assume everyone else on the other teams are garbage players.

Which QB's not named Brady are winning so many games without talent around them?

Little Jr

Reaction score
I keep seeing Dak needs this, this, and that to win . What qb not name Brady hasn't needed that around him to win? And even Bradley hasn't done it with **** talent around him but just less than most.

817Gill

Reaction score
I'd rather draft a QB then give Dak 30 mill.

It just seems like common sense but nobody uses common sense when it comes to the QB position.
Cause everyone except you knows that’s way easier said than done lol. Franchise qbs are everywhere right, just all over the draft lol. Fans are hilarious sometimes, it’s so common sense that no NFL franchises choose to do it, you most be a genius! Someone get this guy a FO job

817Gill

Reaction score
I keep seeing Dak needs this, this, and that to win . What qb not name Brady hasn't needed that around him to win? And even Bradley hasn't done it with **** talent around him but just less than most.
!!!!! This !!!!!

JayFord

Reaction score
What choice do the Seahawks have? Either trade up to get a qb who may not work out or pay Wilson the big bucks

817Gill

Reaction score
It’s a catch 22
Signing a elite QB makes building a complete team harder
Not having atleast a good QB makes building a SB team almost impossible
Boom! Another of the NFL’s ways to even the league out as much as possible and promote parity. This dilemma is what the league wants in order to keep teams in a similar strata as each other. Thanks for pointing this out to the casual fans

superonyx

Reaction score
Because the reality is we have a QB right now that has had a great year, an average to below average year and a good year. The reality is that we still don't know what we have in Dak if one is perfectly honest with themselves. What Dak has proven thus far is that he can play decently to well if he has a perfect supporting cast, but once that cast crumbles, he struggles mightily. Is that the type of QB you want to hand over a huge contract too?

And it's great that we got a great return on our fourth round pick with Dak. He's clearly overplayed his draft position. But that's a horrible reason to lock up a guy to a huge contract.

Honest question. How are you feeling two years from now when Dak is the largest cap hit on the team, by a mile, and he's just plugging along like an average to just above average QB?

There's really no downside to waiting to sign him. Sure, it might cost you a few million more if he plays well but that's a far better outcome than handing him a 5 year deal, with an AAV over $30MM and a huge amount of guaranteed money and then he goes out and plays like a mid-level NFL QB.
I guess I realize that a solid starting QB in the NFL is always going to be your biggest cap hit.

Joe Flacco- $22M
Matt Ryan - $30M
Stafford - $27M
Cousins - $28M
Jimmy G- $27.5M
Carr - $25M
Luck - $25M
Alex Smith - $23M
Foles- $22M
Andy Dalton - $16M

I would take Dak over most of these guys and if age is factored in I take him over Ryan also.

The position just pays so much. So unless we have some magical way to steal Tua or another blue chip QB we will be needing to replace Dak with someone and these numbers are what it cost.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cause everyone except you knows that’s way easier said than done lol. Franchise qbs are everywhere right, just all over the draft lol. Fans are hilarious sometimes, it’s so common sense that no NFL franchises choose to do it, you most be a genius! Someone get this guy a FO job

Dak is not a 30 million dollar player. That is the problem.

The smart move is draft a QB. If he plays like a top 5 QB then pay him top 5 money.

Dak is somewhere between 10-20 and he's about to get paid like he's top 5. It's stupid.

817Gill

Reaction score
Dak is not a 30 million dollar player. That is the problem.

The smart move is draft a QB. If he plays like a top 5 QB then pay him top 5 money.

Dak is somewhere between 10-20 and he's about to get paid like he's top 5. It's stupid.
Giving up on franchise guys to draft qb’s is so smart of a move that barely any to no franchises try it. Wonder why?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Giving up on franchise guys to draft qb’s is so smart of a move that barely any to no franchises try it. Wonder why?

His production is replaceable.

Stop calling him a franchise guy like that means something.

He's not that good. He's easily replaceable.

He's never even thrown 30 TD's in a season.

He's a conservative QB that relies on everyone around him being good.

This is not a 30 mill player.

817Gill

Reaction score
His production is replaceable.

Stop calling him a franchise guy like that means something.

He's not that good. He's easily replaceable.

He's never even thrown 30 TD's in a season.
You just said yourself he’s in the 10-20 range. Lol that’s a franchise guy my man, you can’t just draft 10-20 anywhere. That’s why teams don’t do it lol. I’m curious as to why you think you’ve come up with some common sense strategy when no real actual NFL front offices do what you’re proposing. Are you just that much smarter than them? Do you truly and honestly believe you know something they don’t?

Drafting a QB is a crapshoot, you don’t move on from one unless he’s hurting your team or has no room for improvement. Dak is neither no matter what fans say. Without an immediately available better option (got news for you ones not coming) Dak is the franchise qb. Live it, eat it breathe it, it’s the reality,

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You just said yourself he’s in the 10-20 range. Lol that’s a franchise guy my man, you can’t just draft 10-20 anywhere. That’s why teams don’t do it lol. I’m curious as to why you think you’ve come up with some common sense strategy when no real actual NFL front offices do what you’re proposing. Are you just that much smarter than them?

10-20 is a replaceable player.

Not a guy you give 30 mill a year too. Well.. I guess dumb teams with no championship aspiration would do it because teams with truly elite QB or QB's on rookie deals are what win championships. Not mediocre QB's making obnoxious salaries.