Russell Wilson 4 yr extension $140 million

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You have to add the new 140m to the 17m he was due...... equals 5/157m or 31m, not the 37m it looks like

RWilson wanted his salary tied to a % of the cap like 15%, so SEA got a win there

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So the fact Wilson is now 30 doesn't really matter when trying to compare the two. Wilson was a better QB over his first three years than Dak.

You seemed to be making the argument that Wilson is really only better because he is experienced but even when he was "inexperienced" like Dak, he was a better QB.

Experience - Wilson
3 seasons - Dak

Dak is STILL improving. Go suck Wilson's jock.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
dak is a proven superbowl winner and consistent regular season game winner at best dak is average if the cowboys give him 30 million a year they are nuts

Rajveer

Reaction score
With Cooper, his stats are top 10. He will have Cooper back, plus a better Gallup, add Cobb & the other receivers. Not to mention no more Linehand.
The verdict is still out for Linehan's replacement. So we will see what the rookie OC will do with the talent on this team. First few games should bring a good indication where Kellen is going to take this offense.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the only player on Seattle that is worth anything. He should have asked for more. Top 5 Quarterback. Can you imagine him as our QB. With his deep ball accuracy. One can dream.

I, for one, can not. A team with Russell would be a team without Lawrence or Amari or Zeke, the list goes on.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Awe, upset now because I'm not suckin Wilson's jock. Dak finished his 3rd year, Wilson is what 30? Wilson has the experience, I never denied that. Chill. Dak is still improving, he & Gallup will get the deep ball thing worked out. That's his only problem.
again you dont pay a guy HOPING he will progress, you give him 22-25mil over 4yrs and let him earn the next big one same as Wilson.. Im not fan of Wilson but Facts, stats, eye test , all of it say hes in another level then Dak right now, Wilsons Market is not Daks market is my point.. they are all overpaid and most not worth their pay, Odd the lowest paid is the GOAT, I can care less about who hes married too but Brady did what all these DBs should do, be team guy and still be rich..very rich..if Dak threatens to holdout I FT him twice and move on unless he somehow elevates this team to a SB appearance.. At Least Goff and Wentz have already BEEN THERE EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW IT WAS TEAM DEAL just like Big Ben and Wilsons first were on the backs of great defense, coaching, and tail backs... but facts are facts.. Dak needs to earn the obscene money..i give him 4 yrs 100 mil 65 guaranteed, that MAX not penny more and thats being Generous as right now Dak is in the tier with say Mariota and Winston or Dwatson is coming up they all have similar flaws , Carr and Cousins should have never got their money but T LEAST COUSINS CAN FLING IT ALL OVER THE FIELD AS PASSER he is better then Dak..not as player but as passer..Cousins is Romo Type.. but when teams like Ravens can win with Jackson who is behind dak , Vikes had better year with Case Keenum etc I am on the side of dont overpay so badly to guy who needs more help around him because you need more cap money..Wilson proved each of his contacts, for sure not 35 but he has elevated himself to Elite..

817Gill

Reaction score
Ok so then if you are the Lions, Vikkngs or Cowboys who are you signing that is going to improve your team after you let your QB walk over a couple of million?

Doesn’t the backup for the bears make $10M per year? Nick Foles is getting 22M.

It’s time to accept that your solid starting QB is going to eat up a large portion of your salary cap and move on.

$24M, $28M, $30?

The difference isn’t so much that you dump your QB and start over with trying to find a replacement when you have a team talented enough to compete today.
Thank you man, it gets hard seeing such uninformed material on these threads.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the only player on Seattle that is worth anything. He should have asked for more. Top 5 Quarterback. Can you imagine him as our QB. With his deep ball accuracy. One can dream.

He's not a top 5 QB. He's definitely a top 10 QB though. I wouldn't pay $35M.

superonyx

Reaction score
For the Cowboys, simple.

Let Dak play under his current deal this year. Assess his improvement. If he does well, you attempt to sign him long term. If he doesn't, you save yourself from entering a bad long term contract with an average QB and then you can tag him for a year (yes, I get that it's going to be a big number for one year) and begin plans for landing your next QB.

People are so afraid of not having a franchise QB that they are hell bent on locking onto Dak at a huge contract without really knowing for sure he's going to be that top of the heap type QB worth the money.

Just because teams were stupid like Miami with Tannehill and Jacksonville with Bortles doesn't mean we need to go down that same path.
If a franchise still doesnt know what their QB is after this many years and still needs to spend 2 more years figuring it out then why should we be confident they can just go replace him and upgrade the position?

I think fans believe Dak is a winner. I don't think fans believe Dak is Patrick Mahommes but I believe fans see this man's leadership and winning and realize we are better off with him than without him.

With our roster we won't be in a position to draft a top qb in the foreseeable future. Hitting on a QB in the later rounds is like winning the lottery.
Heck hitting on QB's even in the first round is a pretty good sized gamble.

erod

Reaction score
Dak is likely about to sign for a king's ransom. I doubt he settles for anything below $30 million per year for 5 years.

And not long from now, he'll have to carry the team by himself like Brady, Rodgers, and Wilson.