Twitter: Russell Wilson traded to Denver

Flamma

Reaction score
i dont think this is a kap situation, Watson eventually will get on team then RG will pounce and get his bite..he wants team to pay for their risk in accepting Watson and his baggage. i mean why didn't Houston simply play him while waiting for any type of decision? they knew as soon as they did that when roger hands down his bit of flesh..dont think the commandos can afford more bad pub lol

Kyler's posturing for an early deal hes not going anywhere. he saw what AZ did to the last coach and qb who were only their a year and is making sure its known he wont be waiting like dak did..

Yeah, Kyler wants an extension now, or be traded to a team willing to give him an extension now. That's an interesting move. The first time I've seen it from a QB after 3 years. But AZ has all of the leverage here. Kyler can't hold out, and he won't hold out. This is definitely an interesting development.

Flamma

Reaction score
Only if they don't win SB year one. If its like the rams they wont care what they gave up..its matter of what happens this season..boom or bust dotn think RW wont be asking for pay bump after rogers got his..

Yep. He'll play out 2022 and then look for an extension. It will be a big one unless he craps the bed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Russell Wilson will be the first QB to play for a team that he beat in the Super Bowl.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't see your point here

Since when do we criticize a guy for only having one ring?

You guys do realize that you guys defend Dak and Romo, right?

Dak and Romo, are defended in context of their peers. I am doing the same with Rodgers.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Denver becomes a contender while Dallas keeps fooling around hoping their QB can get them past the first round of the playoffs.
Maybe Dallas should go after Bridgewater. He kinda owns Dak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Denver becomes a contender while Dallas keeps fooling around hoping their QB can get them past the first round of the playoffs.
Maybe Dallas should go after Bridgewater. He kinda owns Dak.
Dallas was on top of wilsons list, but jones boys were not interested lol. They dont have the brains or guts, to make a hershel walker type trade.

Denver is in a better position to be a winner with wilson, they have better coaches , and a good defense, and I think decent offense.
Dallas has crap coaches, better offense, (or it was lol seems to be falling apart now) and a maybe good defense, and not enough cap room.

Not sure what denvers cap situation was, but any team can make it work if they want to,

Side note, Seattle is trading wilson, and he also had a NO TRADE CLAUSE !!!!!!!!!
This all has to be approved by wilson or it doesnt happen. Same thing could be done with dak if jones boys had the guts and brains.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THIS is the trade Dallas should have made for Dak. Seattle won a super bowl with Wilson under his rookie contract and haven't sniffed one in years as their defense eroded. At the end of the day, Seattle saw no path forward paying Wilson 40M a year and decided it was better to cash him in. We haven't sniffed a super bowl even with Dak under a rookie contract and now that he's making big bucks, the chances are even less. I guess the standard is higher in Seattle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, Kyler wants an extension now, or be traded to a team willing to give him an extension now. That's an interesting move. The first time I've seen it from a QB after 3 years. But AZ has all of the leverage here. Kyler can't hold out, and he won't hold out. This is definitely an interesting development.
good timing hes recently reenabled his az sm accounts so his posturing is over LOL

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Regular season champ! That is very good. He wins MVP's, and Brady wins TROPHYS.
Again,

Please explain to me how you can say a QB with a winning record in the playoffs and a Super Bowl MVP is a "regular season" champ.

I'd really love to hear this explanation.

rags

Reaction score
I saw on FS1 this morning that the oddsmakers in Lost Wages have decreased the odds of Denver winning the next Super Bowl from $2200 to $1400 now that Wilson is there.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Carson Palmer comes to mind. Traded to the Raiders due to conflicts, was so-so, then traded to the Cardinals and dominated; had his best seasons there.

Favre is another trade, he got pushed out by Rodgers, had the Jets at 8-3 before he got injured, then brought the Vikings to 12-4 the next year.

Montana traded to Chiefs, they had 2 strong years and made the AFCCG.

It’s not something that should be done unless in very unique circumstances though.
Franchise qbs win games.

The majority of the time *