Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Furboy, you're from a European NATO country. If Putin annexed Estonia, would there be the stomach or public will to enter into a war? For a small country on the other side of Europe?

I don't think they will. Especially seeing as going to war likely means a style of war nobody wants. That said, I think we all recognise the severity of what's to come if Putin does do that. So, unfortunately, we may not have a choice. It'd be sort of like when Germany invaded Poland. The Allies couldn't just sit back at that point. So, unfortunately, while we may not want war and I certainly don't, I don't think we're going to have much of a choice in the matter.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Article 5 doesn't apply for all, it's meaningless.

Exactly, so unfortunately, we would be thrusted into WW3 I'm afraid if that happens. Not to mention that China wants to have a go at Taiwan, Iran wants a go at Israel, and I've read that Pakistan and India want a go at each other again. Dark times indeed.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I admire Ukraine’s tenacity. I was impressed that the president, prime minister, mayor of Kiev, parliamentarians, 2 former hall of fame boxing champions, citizens, even a former miss Ukraine has stayed to fight. all picked up weapons and are part of the fight…brave people.

I hope the area can get a negotiated peace settlement sooner rather than later…

I just hope Putin has not gone full madman and becomes desperate…if he is full madman then we may be on the brink of ww3.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Ukraine armies were already in place, having been fighting the separatists for years.

I'm really not seeing how this is a good move by Putin. We're not talking about the ragtag Iraqi army here.
The Iraqi army didn't want to fight for Hussein and took the first chance not to in the Mother of all Wars.

Does the Russian military, the on the ground soldiers, want to fight for Putin because that's all their doing? Him and his fellow oligarchs. They are not fighting for Mother Russia and they're all aware he supposedly lives in a 1B palace while they're facing a very committed and determined people defending their land.

The longer the Ukraine can hold out, the deeper Putin sinks into the slime. The shame of it is he's committing premeditated murder and will never pay for it. He's an insect that should be eliminated and that should have been done years ago.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Putin wants the Ukraine because he's a thief but he may realize that is not going to happen, the Ukrainian people are not as lazy and stupid as the Russian people. They have allowed a pirate to run their country, they are complicit.

What he might settle for is the Ukraine agreeing not to join NATO as a participating member. The shame of it is had they already joined, NATO would be in this fight with them and send the troops back into Russia. The standing rule is attack one, all will respond.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a move on here in Texas to take all Russian products off the shelves and bars, package stores and restaurants started joining in with County Line BBQ going one step further after taking all the Russian made vodka off the shelves, he ordered Ukrainian vodka, there are several brands and some rated highly.

lukin2006

Reaction score
This entire war is over Ukraine wanting in NATO from what I can tell…

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There is a move on here in Texas to take all Russian products off the shelves and bars, package stores and restaurants started joining in with County Line BBQ going one step further after taking all the Russian made vodka off the shelves, he ordered Ukrainian vodka, there are several brands and some rated highly.

Do you think the russian people should not have business's or starve?

I have lots of thoughts on all of this, but Russians are under the propaganda they get, like we were under when we went to Iraq or anytime for that matter. I mentioned that because the iraq's did not do 9/11 or have WMD, and no one sanctioned us, cut off our business's and ability to make a living, or in syria, etc.

A week or 2 of tv propaganda is making everyone in the U.S. hate the russians to where they want to financially destroy and what will lead to starving them.

Bigdog

Reaction score
That's what I thought. Though, if Ukraine somehow, and God-willing, survives this, they might end up joining NATO.
Yup and after what Putin has done, Sweden and Finland are thinking about it. Strength in numbers is better than being by yourself.

Bigdog

Reaction score
This entire war is over Ukraine wanting in NATO from what I can tell…
That and Russia having to pay Ukraine $2 billion a year to transport its oil through their country to Germany. Putin will tell everyone that the Ukraine government is corrupt that is filled with ***** which is untrue.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
That and Russia having to pay Ukraine $2 billion a year to transport its oil through their country to Germany. Putin will tell everyone that the Ukraine government is corrupt that is filled with ***** which is untrue.

I don't think that it is only Putin, I think there are lots of sources that have Ukraine as one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think the russian people should not have business's or starve?

I have lots of thoughts on all of this, but Russians are under the propaganda they get, like we were under when we went to Iraq or anytime for that matter. I mentioned that because the iraq's did not do 9/11 or have WMD, and no one sanctioned us, cut off our business's and ability to make a living, or in syria, etc.

A week or 2 of tv propaganda is making everyone in the U.S. hate the russians to where they want to financially destroy and what will lead to starving them.
There are many in Russia not on board with what Putin and his gang are doing but they apply the same principle that Reagan used to get re-elected. "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago"? Many there can recall the lines just to get toilet paper and their lives are better today.

The "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" applies across the world so a lot of people just accept what is and focus on the smaller picture, their lives.

And should the Ukraine join NATO, that can put arms right on their border. So, while they might not be in favor of this invasion, they don't want that either. And they're not stupid, they know this is all about the money for Putin and his gang.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yup and after what Putin has done, Sweden and Finland are thinking about it. Strength in numbers is better than being by yourself.

Exactly, I just hope all of NATO increases their defence spending. The US and UK can't be the only ones carrying NATO. It simply won't work if they don't. Perhaps this should be a warning to the rest of NATO to build their defences, especially in case Putin does breach NATO with this attack he's on.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh no. This is very bad. I really hope Putin doesn't do that. The use of those weapons likely means the end of civilisation as we know it as that will result in retaliation from other nuclear powers.

He won’t do that, just posturing. He has two viable options here:

1. New negotiations that will let him crawfish back to Russia saving some face.
2. Carpet bomb Ukraine

I think option 1 happens by Monday night :thumbup: