Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
NHL statement on Russia invasion of Ukraine

The National Hockey League condemns Russia's invasion of Ukraine and urges a peaceful resolution as quickly as possible. Effective immediately, we are suspending our relationships with our business partners in Russia and we are pausing our Russian language social and digital media sites. In addition, we are discontinuing any consideration of Russia as a location for any future competitions involving the NHL.

We also remain concerned about the well-being of the players from Russia, who play in the NHL on behalf of their NHL Clubs, and not on behalf of Russia. We understand they and their families are being placed in an extremely difficult position.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-statement-on-russia-invasion-of-ukraine/c-331296136

triplets_93

Reaction score
Russia to strike Kiev security service HQ with ‘high-precision weapons’ – warns residents living close by to evacuate Russia will launch a strike against the 'Center for Information and Psychological Operations' in the Ukrainian capital to suppress the number of information attacks on various state institutions and Russian citizens. Moscow warned residents who live in close proximity to communications towers near the headquarters in the center of Kiev to evacuate their homes for their own safety.

https://t.me/rtnews/21523

Flamma

Reaction score
Call me an idiot, but I think the world should come to the defense of Ukraine directly. Sometimes you can't just sit back and watch. Now Putin is threatening nations because they are suppling the Ukraine with weapons. Who the hell is he? Does he make the rules? Is everyone willing to sacrifice the Ukraine to prevent a nuclear war? That's the question. I say call his bluff. Otherwise we're setting a bad precedence.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Call me an idiot, but I think the world should come to the defense of Ukraine directly. Sometimes you can't just sit back and watch. Now Putin is threatening nations because they are suppling the Ukraine with weapons. Who the hell is he? Does he make the rules? Is everyone willing to sacrifice the Ukraine to prevent a nuclear war? That's the question. I say call his bluff. Otherwise we're setting a bad precedence.

I agree with this. As mad as he is, I don't think he will actually be willing to end civilisation over Ukraine.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Seems to me if the Russians have a convoy 40 miles long wouldn’t they be sitting ducks?

I’m sure it’s easier said than done but haven’t the Ukrainians already successfully used drone attacks?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I worry about calling his bluff, particularly, if it is done an arrogant or I-told-you-so manner. He has a reputation within the Russian people as being extremely vengeful. It is generally believed or accepted within Russia that he has had rivals assassinated or "disappeared"... the modern day equivalent of sending someone to the gulag.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems to me if the Russians have a convoy 40 miles long wouldn’t they be sitting ducks?

I’m sure it’s easier said than done but haven’t the Ukrainians already successfully used drone attacks?
There have been some questions as to whether or not the drone video was real so hard to know for sure right now.

I was wondering the same thing though about the "40 miles long" convoy. You would think that would make them vulnerable to a dual-flank ambush target at some point.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not sure Ukraine has near the drone capabilities America or Britain has.

Then again, WW1 was mainly started over Serbia and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. So, I could see this one starting over Ukraine now that I think about it.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

Yes this convoy needs to be hit and reduced before it gets to the city. Yes it's easier said than done.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Russia is being systematically isolated as is Putin and his gang. This guy is one hell of a bad guy and was a key player in the more nefarious part of the KGB and the Russian mafia. He is a narcissistic sociopath and capable of doing anything.

The question is what are the men high up in his military really like? Are there patriots, sons of Mother Russia, among them that realize what drastic steps this man might take would condemn Russia to an existence worse that post WW1 Germany?

What happens when he runs out of patience or finds out he will be indicted for war crimes and has little to lose?

In my lifetime, I have never seen the world come together like this against one man. And that is one dangerous man and should he become desperate, he is unpredictable and we know little of those around him.

Threats by most is saber rattling for attention. I am not sure that he is not delusional enough to carry out these threats.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
It's incredible to see so many countries come together to support Ukraine.
:clap:

I just wish we were actually supporting them. It's one thing to say you support something. To me, that doesn't mean a whole lot while you're also sitting back and watching them be slaughtered and their homes and lives being destroyed.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Not sure Ukraine has near the drone capabilities America or Britain has.
I think that may be a large part of it, they don't have near enough drones. Also having real time intelligence may have also been an issue, but it was reported yesterday as part of the EU, the EU will now be sharing satellite imaging and surveillance.