Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The only common ground the talks in Belarus have found so far is they should continue to talk. No cease-fire.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Mig 29s are obsolete. More than what they had. I wonder if they have skilled pilots for them
From what I have read, they had several Mig 29's in their Air Force already. Still a but of a learning curve for those coming from another country, but should be able to use quickly. Probably why those specific models are being sent.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
From what I have read, they had several Mig 29's in their Air Force already. Still a but of a learning curve for those coming from another country, but should be able to use quickly. Probably why those specific models are being sent.

It is not a good sign though. Not even a week in, and they are having to bring in older planes from other countries.

Russia is continuing to move in lots of troops.

Most of what I have kept up with is scanning on here and random headlines of news articles, but I am guessing Russia will keep moving in until it gets control of what it wants, so that any peace talks will involve them keeping or giving up what they already have. Despite the news propaganda and economic pressure, I bet they push on until they have the upper hand

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Oslo-based fund is the world’s biggest owner of publicly traded companies with a portfolio of about 9,000 stocks. The government announced late on Sunday a decision to drop Russian assets from the fund in response to the country’s invasion of Ukraine.

With Russia on Monday announcing a ban on selling shares on the Moscow Stock Exchange, it may take time to complete the sale, the ministry said. The sale must take place within the current sanctions, which are legally binding.

The decision covers Russian financial instruments, real estate, infrastructure and cash holdings, and also means that the Russian stock market will be removed from the benchmark, the ministry said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...line-for-wealth-fund-to-plan-russian-selldown

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Now this is huge........

Switzerland joins EU sanctions on Russia, breaking neutral posture
Switzerland is ditching its deep-rooted tradition of neutrality and adopting the European Union’s sanctions against Russia over its invasion of Ukraine.

The move, which was announced by Swiss President Ignazio Cassis, is significant since Swiss banks include Russian oligarchs close to President Vladimir Putin among their clients.

Switzerland plans to immediately freeze the assets of Putin; his prime minister, Mikhail V. Mishustin; Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov; and 367 other individuals who were personally sanctioned by the EU last week.

“Switzerland reaffirms its solidarity with Ukraine and its people; it will be delivering relief supplies for people who have fled to Poland,” the government said, renewing its offer to mediate in the dispute.

The government said it would not maintain its traditional neutrality in the face of “the unprecedented military attack by Russia on a sovereign European state.”

https://nypost.com/2022/02/28/switzerland-joins-eu-sanctions-on-russia-over-ukraine-war/

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It is not a good sign though. Not even a week in, and they are having to bring in older planes from other countries.

Most of what I have kept up with is scanning on here and random headlines of news articles, but I am guessing Russia will keep moving in until it gets control of what it wants, so that any peace talks will involve them keeping or giving up what they already have. Despite the news propaganda and economic pressure, I bet they push on until they have the upper hand
It's not a good sign for Russia as even more planes are coming in. Russia may have the numbers, but the more planes, munitions etc keep coming in and each day that Ukraine can hold out the harder it becomes for Russia. They are quickly approaching a no win situation.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now this is huge........

Switzerland joins EU sanctions on Russia, breaking neutral posture
Switzerland is ditching its deep-rooted tradition of neutrality and adopting the European Union’s sanctions against Russia over its invasion of Ukraine.

The move, which was announced by Swiss President Ignazio Cassis, is significant since Swiss banks include Russian oligarchs close to President Vladimir Putin among their clients.

Switzerland plans to immediately freeze the assets of Putin; his prime minister, Mikhail V. Mishustin; Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov; and 367 other individuals who were personally sanctioned by the EU last week.

“Switzerland reaffirms its solidarity with Ukraine and its people; it will be delivering relief supplies for people who have fled to Poland,” the government said, renewing its offer to mediate in the dispute.

The government said it would not maintain its traditional neutrality in the face of “the unprecedented military attack by Russia on a sovereign European state.”

https://nypost.com/2022/02/28/switzerland-joins-eu-sanctions-on-russia-over-ukraine-war/
This is big news... maybe symbolic, but still really big.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
IMO the way this whole thing is playing out is a huge win for globalists. Look how quickly the wealthy (and many other Russians) are turning on Putin now that their economy is being destroyed. Obviously it's early but the way things look, the economic pressure being applied is showing a path to defeat a madman in charge of a world super power without ever firing a bullet.

Pretty awesome to see. It’s been done before but never in this multimedia age where everything is so transparent and the economies of the world are so intertwined. Maybe there is hope for this world. Love the Twitter posts above on European aid and the Anonymous help for Russian citizens to avoid censorship. The world is revolting against the fascist and nationalist isolationist movements that were so popular as of late. The cherry on top would be Putin’s regime overthrown by his own leaders.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
More big news, especially if they decide to join......

Finnish lawmakers to discuss potential NATO membership

Russian aggression in Ukraine has pushed the Finnish public closer than ever to NATO.

Finnish political parties will gather on Tuesday to discuss Russia’s attack on Ukraine and Finland’s role in Europe’s new power balance. Finland’s potential NATO membership will also be on the table, Prime Minister Sanna Marin told reporters Monday.

https://www.politico.eu/article/finland-nato-membership-sanna-marin-ukraine-russia/

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

There is no path to victory here for Putin. Even if he takes Ukraine, the sanctions won't end and will likely only become more severe. His people are already turning on him. His time as leader is about to end IMO. Likely with violence.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ne-war-vaccuum-bomb-thermobaric-b2025344.html

Seems the Russians used a vacuum bomb, which is a direct violation against the Geneva Convention, not that Putin seems to care. I reckon that, assuming he gets taken out o power, he's going to be heading to the Hague as a result. This is a massive war crime, and it seems civilians were impacted here, so this would be a double war crime. The West MUST rise up now. The bomb used is NOT nuclear. That said, while I did not think he'd use a nuclear weapon, it's seeming he might actually do it should this take much longer unless the West gets directly involved now to try and end this war in Ukraine's benefit.