Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Flamma

Reaction score
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ne-war-vaccuum-bomb-thermobaric-b2025344.html

Seems the Russians used a vacuum bomb, which is a direct violation against the Geneva Convention, not that Putin seems to care. I reckon that, assuming he gets taken out o power, he's going to be heading to the Hague as a result. This is a massive war crime, and it seems civilians were impacted here, so this would be a double war crime. The West MUST rise up now. The bomb used is NOT nuclear. That said, while I did not think he'd use a nuclear weapon, it's seeming he might actually do it should this take much longer unless the West gets directly involved now to try and end this war in Ukraine's benefit.

I'm thinking the West is involved indirectly. Getting involved directly would be calling his bluff. This could just be a show of force from Putin as a result of the ever expanding NATO.

If he's willing to use nukes without our direct involvement, you can be sure he'll use them if we get directly involved. I really don't know the answer here. I wouldn't want to be one tasked in trying to settle it either. It's a bad situation.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm thinking the West is involved indirectly. Getting involved directly would be calling his bluff. This could just be a show of force from Putin as a result of the ever expanding NATO.

If he's willing to use nukes without our direct involvement, you can be sure he'll use them if we get directly involved. I really don't know the answer here. I wouldn't want to be one tasked in trying to settle it either. It's a bad situation.

I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision either. I'm afraid the world is on a razor's edge atm. The wrong decision could result in serious danger to the world beyond anything we can imagine.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ne-war-vaccuum-bomb-thermobaric-b2025344.html

Seems the Russians used a vacuum bomb, which is a direct violation against the Geneva Convention, not that Putin seems to care. I reckon that, assuming he gets taken out o power, he's going to be heading to the Hague as a result. This is a massive war crime, and it seems civilians were impacted here, so this would be a double war crime. The West MUST rise up now. The bomb used is NOT nuclear. That said, while I did not think he'd use a nuclear weapon, it's seeming he might actually do it should this take much longer unless the West gets directly involved now to try and end this war in Ukraine's benefit.

War crime? I thought we used those in Afghanistan too?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have inspected many parts that go into building them Close to 40 years of inspecting Military equipment aviation sea and land bases equipment

Ah, I'll defer to your knowledge there. Either way, really bad what I saw on the news article I posted.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Ah, I'll defer to your knowledge there. Either way, really bad what I saw on the news article I posted.
I dont know how big it was but it appears that it is what they used . I retired but if things escalate I've ben notified that I might be needed I have a very high level security clearance Can inspect almost anything military related

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think some of you need to educate yourself on what a "war crime" actually is according to the Geneva Convention. Just saying. ;)