Ryan Mallet Doing Us No Favors

alohawg

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;3860347 said:
Well as Hog alumni, I of course, love what he has done for the program. He has a great arm, and a butt load of talent.

But you say here, its a drug rumor. I do hate to disappoint you there, but its not a rumor. Its a fact. Does that affect my stance on him as a player, well its a flag that makes you wonder how he will react when he gets his money. But do other successful athletes do it.....well of course.

Been reading this thread for forever, and I really had to make that clear. Do I have a link or whatever that states it in the paper....no. But trust me, herb is in the picture.

Nobody has a link, did you witness him smoking firsthand? Did you smoke with Ryan, is that how you know? Btw, what is your name, are you willing to put it out there and stand by your claim?

I wonder how many at the combine this week smoke herb? Or how many current NFL players-scouts etc... do?
The media assault aimed at one guy has been ridiculous, even if he has smoked herb.

alohawg

Reaction score
jnday;3860488 said:
I think he is trying to minimize Mallett`s problems due to the fact that other prospects have concerns , but he is not doing a good job of it.

I'm not trying to minimize his alleged problems and funny how you categorize other players problems as 'concerns'. Bias much?

jnday

Reaction score
alohawg;3860901 said:
I'm not trying to minimize his alleged problems and funny how you categorize other players problems as 'concerns'. Bias much?

Actually , if you would stop being so defensive , I have said time and time again that would like him to drop so that the Cowboys could have a chance to draft him. As far as I am concerned , problems= concerns and concerns = problems. If anything , I am biased toward Mallett. At least I would like for Dallas to take a chance on him which is more than I can say about Cam.

jnday

Reaction score
alohawg;3860893 said:
Nobody has a link, did you witness him smoking firsthand? Did you smoke with Ryan, is that how you know? Btw, what is your name, are you willing to put it out there and stand by your claim?

I wonder how many at the combine this week smoke herb? Or how many current NFL players-scouts etc... do?
The media assault aimed at one guy has been ridiculous, even if he has smoked herb.

If I had pictures of Mallett and myself sharing hits on a bong , it wouldn`t make you change your mind. Everybody is wrong about him except you.

alohawg

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3860906 said:
What do you think Mallets name was picked out of a hat?

I'd feel better if it was but no, hardly, there's definitely a reason and it goes beyond the 'concerns' we have heard alluded to EVERY TIME his name is mentioned. 'Mallett had a world class performance today at the combine but off the field rumors....."

alohawg

Reaction score
jnday;3860918 said:
If I had pictures of Mallett and myself sharing hits on a bong , it wouldn`t make you change your mind. Everybody is wrong about him except you.

Pictures today aren't necessarily what they used to be are they?
And if I had pictures of you and your sister doing thangs.......exaggeration will get you nowhere.

jnday

Reaction score
alohawg;3860939 said:
Pictures today aren't necessarily what they used to be are they?
And if I had pictures of you and your sister doing thangs.......exaggeration will get you nowhere.

I`m an only child , maybe pictures of me and your sister .....
Don`t take this stuff to heart. It will be ok. Promise.:rolleyes:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
alohawg;3860893 said:

Nope I'm not trying to go public about anything, just doesn't make sense and why would I do that. After all, he isn't the only one, unfortunately it got out on him too early unlike Matt Jones. Some keep their habits more private, but it happens with alot of them at most universities, its not just Ryan. If anything, what should be maddening is the fact that its on Ryan, and not the ones who keep it on the down low.

Again, he is a great talent, but its there. Whether or not you want to accept it is up to you. But I have no reason to lie to you.

jnday;3860918 said:

To be honest, my stance is really guys are treated too harshly for it. I will never say I'm the straight and narrow type, and if you think these guys are all boy scouts, your naive too.

alohawg

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;3860951 said:
Nope I'm not trying to go public about anything, just doesn't make sense and why would I do that. After all, he isn't the only one, unfortunately it got out on him too early unlike Matt Jones. Some keep their habits more private, but it happens with alot of them at most universities, its not just Ryan. If anything, what should be maddening is the fact that its on Ryan, and not the ones who keep it on the down low.

Again, he is a great talent, but its there. Whether or not you want to accept it is up to you. But I have no reason to lie to you.

To be honest, my stance is really guys are treated too harshly for it. I will never say I'm the straight and narrow type, and if you think these guys are all boy scouts, your naive too.

I'll say it again, true or not, anybody can say anything about anybody anytime but without evidence it's just......hearsay. Whether I believe it or not is really irrelevant. That's what drug test are for.
I agree with you on your last statement though, 100% and this is my rub. I bet more than a couple of the players at the combine would test dirty if given an unannounced random test today.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
alohawg;3860977 said:
I'll say it again, true or not, anybody can say anything about anybody anytime but without evidence it's just......hearsay. Whether I believe it or not is really irrelevant. That's what drug test are for.
I agree with you on your last statement though, 100% and this is my rub. I bet, no proof mind you, that more than a couple of the players at the combine would test dirty if given an unannounced random test today.

Nah they would be clean right now at the combine, most know better, test them sunday after a game they won. The list is long of them that do it, I just hate that Ryan has the MO. Also depends on the usage, some do it every once in a while in a social setting, some all day all the time.

If you asked all the first rounders that will go in this draft if they ever have done anything like that while in college, all will say no cause that is what they are supposed to say to get paid. But if you are in with their boys, out on friday night at a frat party with them drunk, the answer would change.

A public and private image are two different things, the ones that get caught are the problem, we have plenty of examples in our cowboy history.

alohawg

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;3860997 said:
Nah they would be clean right now at the combine, most know better, test them sunday after a game they won. The list is long of them that do it, I just hate that Ryan has the MO. Also depends on the usage, some do it every once in a while in a social setting, some all day all the time.

If you asked all the first rounders that will go in this draft if they ever have done anything like that while in college, all will say no cause that is what they are supposed to say to get paid. But if you are in with their boys, out on friday night at a frat party with them drunk, the answer would change.

A public and private image are two different things, the ones that get caught are the problem, we have plenty of examples in our cowboy history.

I think Ryan will do well in the NFL and we'll look back in amazement at the unfair way in which he was singled out...jmo.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
alohawg;3861017 said:
I think Ryan will do well in the NFL and we'll look back in amazement at the unfair way in which he was singled out...jmo.

Before or after rehab? :muttley:

Randy White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloryDaysRBack Apparently Dan Marino fell due to character concerns..he turned out pretty good..not too sure if it is true though, his class was before my time

MarionBarberThe4th;3858784 said:
I remember my uncle telling me about some nose candy rumors but I havent heard much about that in a ling time

Ehem... they weren't completely " rumors ".. but I digress..

I really don't pay too much attention to those " rumors " unless they become facts and even so, I'd look into each and every one of them seperately. Having said that, I wasn't impressed by Mallett from the begining and it's purely on mechanical issues.

Yes, he has a cannon for an arm. Yes he's huge. But I don't like his throwing motion, which is like a windmill wind up. To me that's more critical than any rumors because in the NFL, that ball has to get out of there quick.

Tony Romo is the perfect example of that. He's not big, he's not necessarily Michael Vick, he doesn't have Cutler's gun, but that ball gets out of his hand as quick as just about I've ever seen and I've seen Danny since his rookie year, Philip Rivers, Scott Secule ( die hard Cowboys fan would remember that name ), Troy Aikman and obviously Peyton.

QBs with long motions don't tend to last too long in the league, or don't turn out as good as they supposed to.

alohawg

Reaction score
Randy White;3861130 said:
Ehem... they weren't completely " rumors ".. but I digress..

I really don't pay too much attention to those " rumors " unless they become facts and even so, I'd look into each and every one of them seperately. Having said that, I wasn't impressed by Mallett from the begining and it's purely on mechanical issues.

Yes, he has a cannon for an arm. Yes he's huge. But I don't like his throwing motion, which is like a windmill wind up. To me that's more critical than any rumors because in the NFL, that ball has to get out of there quick.

Tony Romo is the perfect example of that. He's not big, he's not necessarily Michael Vick, he doesn't have Cutler's gun, but that ball gets out of his hand as quick as just about I've ever seen and I've seen Danny since his rookie year, Philip Rivers, Scott Secule ( die hard Cowboys fan would remember that name ), Troy Aikman and obviously Peyton.

QBs with long motions don't tend to last too long in the league, or don't turn out as good as they supposed to.

Off the top of my head...didn't Cunningham have a long motion?

Randy White

Reaction score
alohawg;3861135 said:
Off the top of my head...didn't Cunningham have a long motion?

Yes sir, and why he never became a great QB. You can add Byron Leftwich to that sentence as well.

and why Vince Young hasn't truly developed either... so add him too.

alohawg

Reaction score
Randy White;3861140 said:
Yes sir, and why he never became a great QB. You can add Byron Leftwich to that sentence as well.

and why Vince Young hasn't truly developed either... so add him too.

Uh' well okay I guess but I remember dreading playing the Eagles when Cunningham was there....guy wasn't bad imo.