Twitter: S Malik Hooker to Visit Cowboys

Bizwah

Reaction score
What players have come back from a torn Achilles and actually played well?
Well, Kobe Bryant....but I'm sure you mean football.

Demaryious Thomas and Leon Hall did. Terrell Suggs did. Vince Wilfork.

Plus our own Kevin Smith and Greg Ellis. Both recovered, but were not quite the same.

My worry with Hooker isn't the Achilles. It's the Achilles and the knee injury. It seems some guys are more susceptible to big injuries. I hope he can make it back and have a great career.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well, Kobe Bryant....but I'm sure you mean football.

Demaryious Thomas and Leon Hall did. Terrell Suggs did. Vince Wilfork.

Plus our own Kevin Smith and Greg Ellis. Both recovered, but were not quite the same.

My worry with Hooker isn't the Achilles. It's the Achilles and the knee injury. It seems some guys are more susceptible to big injuries. I hope he can make it back and have a great career.
Ellis actually had a career year the next season with 12.5 sks, and then 8 and 7 after that. Played LB for Parcells.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don't hate our free agent signings, they've been fair to middling for me.

Malik would have me hyped though!

starfan1

Reaction score
It's incredible.

I can remember ACLs used to be a death sentence for careers....or players were never the same. Bernard King was one of the first guys I remember coming back from an ACL and he was never the same. Now, guys do it all the time.

Achilles injuries are starting to look the same. It's such a devestating injury, but it seems more and more guys are recovering fully from it.

Modern medicine....wow...
Man that dude was a baller pre injury

Sandyf

Reaction score
If Jerry and Stephen are smart (Lord, no way I am debating that one), they would sign both Hooker and Kazee since they both have had the same injury and rotate them. Hopefully Neal chooses us over the lowly Jets as he can play the Will and SS as needed. Still we should at least kick the tires on Jaquiski Tartt S and Chase Daniel QB and Adoree Jackson CB and Kevin King CB and Richard Sherman CB and Dede Westbrook WR. Probably best to resign Aldon Smith at DE and resign Sean Lee LB to a player coach contract. Not saying sign all of them but at least those are guys that could help and/or provide depth. The rumored trade of Gilmore and #15 for Gallup and #10 is interesting but if I'm Dallas they would need to give me #46 also as Gallup is a long term solution and Gilmore more of 1 or 2 year solution. I also doubt a trade like that would go down during the draft and not before but if they signed a Westbrook then betting there would be a trade.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone convince me this isn’t the HaHa situation all over again from last year...

You just have to come to grips with the fact that our roster is such that most any free agent we sign will come into camp and be overwhelmed by the competition.

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
I believe they are two different players.

HaHa, where talented, benefited from a solid defense in Chicago

Hooker, where talented, just cannot stay healthy.

Hooker is perfect for the cover 3

True. I just hope Hooker can make it to the field, unlike HaHa...I wonder how bad he was that they felt better going with Woods and Thompson over him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not really all that impressed with some of his highlights. His injury history warrents extreme caution. He needs to be a backup or role player at best cause your going out on a weak limb expecting this guy to make it through 16 games at lights out speed.