Sad song list

aria

Reaction score
@aria I know you have some contribution to this thread.
Sorry Scott, completely missed this thread. Hope you’re doing alright buddy, I’ll check in on you later.

Right off the top of my head Pantera’s Hollow and Cemetery Gates get to me quite a bit. They’re two of my favorite songs but I find myself listening to them less and less because of the memories. Angels Flying Too Close To The Ground by Willie is another one but not nearly as depressing as the former two.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Sorry Scott, completely missed this thread. Hope you’re doing alright buddy, I’ll check in on you later.

Right off the top of my head Pantera’s Hollow and Cemetery Gates get to me quite a bit. They’re two of my favorite songs but I find myself listening to them less and less because of the memories. Angels Flying Too Close To The Ground by Willie is another one but not nearly as depressing as the former two.
Damn man, I knew you would bring it. I had forgotten those Pantera songs and I'm choking up just thinking about them. I don't know the Willie one you referenced so I will check it out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
"Someone once asked Townes why he wrote so many sad songs and he said, "I don't write sad songs I write hopeless songs"

I read the story about the older gentleman in the video, he was a well known Blacksmith around town who apparently had seen his fair share of heartache as well. You can see it in his eyes.
i generally think desperadoes waiting on a train is the best song of all time. but again moistly because i learned the back story for it.