Signed by Cowboys Safety George Iloka signed

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wow! Dallas signs back up depth for the SS position and suddenly he is better than what we have. I hope people realize George Iloka would get smoked by Heath in the 40. Come on man this is just a depth signing.
4.66 vs 4.48
What good is speed when you can’t tackle for chit? Heath would come flying in 100 mph, lower his shoulder to blow the guy up, and bounce off. Do you think it was just a fluke he was tops in the league on missed tackles?

Iloka may be slow, but at least he can tackle somebody. He doesn’t just throw a shoulder at the ball carrier and hope for the best, he actually wraps up and drives through the ball carrier like all of us were taught in high school.

As a run support box safety, he is light years better than Heath.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I like Iloka, but he's purely a box safety. I think he will play well. Problem I have is, why are we still not fixing that position on a fulltime basis? Its weird man. Over 20 years and still searching.
We haven’t had a real safety since Roy Williams. And you can’t have safeties like that any more. They seem to just want to use a corners as safeties. They don’t value the position. Like they seem to never want a big DT. I am guessing they got a box safety because of the run stopping.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We haven’t had a real safety since Roy Williams. And you can’t have safeties like that any more. They seem to just want to use a corners as safeties. They don’t value the position. Like they seem to never want a big DT. I am guessing they got a box safety because of the run stopping.
nah I get the idea...we want a run stuffer box safety. LONGTERM, what is the plan? Its been a long time.

Carson

Reaction score
nah I get the idea...we want a run stuffer box safety. LONGTERM, what is the plan? Its been a long time.

This is why free agency needs to be AFTER the draft.

We’re just covering our basis in case we run into a Taco Charlton situation. I’d love Thornhill or Savage at 58 ... but so do 31 other teams

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe we draft them. I could see us grabbing mostly Defense players in the draft. I would like to see us get at least 1 more good O-Line back up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maybe we draft them. I could see us grabbing mostly Defense players in the draft. I would like to see us get at least 1 more good O-Line back up.
a guy we draft won't come in and light it up. It will take time. Too bad ET was money driven and not team driven..he would be here and we wouldn't be having this convo.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What good is speed when you can’t tackle for chit? Heath would come flying in 100 mph, lower his shoulder to blow the guy up, and bounce off. Do you think it was just a fluke he was tops in the league on missed tackles?

Iloka may be slow, but at least he can tackle somebody. He doesn’t just throw a shoulder at the ball carrier and hope for the best, he actually wraps up and drives through the ball carrier like all of us were taught in high school.

Very true. This is exactly why the Cowboys prefer Iloka. Heath has had one of the most missed tackles record in the league last year, despite his 4.48 40-yd dash speed. Iloka will constitute an upgrade in tackling ability over Heath, despite the difference in their straight-ahead track abilities. Heath far too often takes bad angles and doesn't wrap up -- hence, he has an excess of tackling miscues. I fully expect Iloka to be the starter over Heath.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
a guy we draft won't come in and light it up. It will take time. Too bad ET was money driven and not team driven..he would be here and we wouldn't be having this convo.
I didn’t like the way he treated his team. It seemed very disrespectful the way he chased JG after the game. I know it has nothing to do with his play.

Carson

Reaction score
Savage is just about as pro ready as it gets. LOVE him at 58. By next season 2020 he would be a stud.

He’s visiting Philly. How terrible would that be! I would feel like when Aaron Ross went to New York

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ety-visit-rumors-report-news-terrapins-newark

Hadenough

Reaction score

So Heaths 85 tackles dont compare to Iloka. You go better go look at stats! Heath saved the game against the Raiders a couple years ago and he ran down Barkley preventing him from scoring which could of changed the outcome of that game. Yeah speed doesnt matter! George Iloka is Heaths backup!

glimmerman

Reaction score
turns out he was chasing the money...not the idea of winning. Thank God we didn't budge.
I am glad also. He wanted long term and coming off injury and being another year older don’t help. At some point his play will decline. I remember when Roy started to become a liability.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow! Dallas signs back up depth for the SS position and suddenly he is better than what we have. I hope people realize George Iloka would get smoked by Heath in the 40. Come on man this is just a depth signing.
4.66 vs 4.48

LOL.

If speed is all that matters, then Richard Sherman would have been a bad CB as he got smoked by a ton of CBs in the 40.

Jeff Heath can run fast. Jeff Heath also isn’t a very good S despite the fact he can run fast.

That’s just reality.

Sydla

Reaction score
So Heaths 85 tackles dont compare to Iloka. You go better go look at stats! Heath saved the game against the Raiders a couple years ago and he ran down Barkley preventing him from scoring which could of changed the outcome of that game. Yeah speed doesnt matter! George Iloka is Heaths backup!

Jeff Heath was the second worst tackler amongst safeties in 2018. He missed 22 tackles. He also wasn’t a good tackler in 2017 either, ranking in bottom half of missed tackles.

He’s not great in coverage either.

The Jeff Heath love is one of the more amazing things around here. It rivals those that would defend Nick Hayden.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wasnt it Heath we watched run down Saquon Barkley?

Sure.

Can we also talk about how Heath may have cost us a chance at tying the Rams game when he showed zero awareness and let Goff run past him on a 4th down?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I didn’t like the way he treated his team. It seemed very disrespectful the way he chased JG after the game. I know it has nothing to do with his play.

He alienated more than a few of this former players by the way he conducted himself, that's for sure. Not only did he chase after JG after a game but he also flipped off his own teammates at one point to top it all off. Any player putting his own interest above that of the team will usually serve to cause dissention far more often than not.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Jeff Heath was the second worst tackler amongst safeties in 2018. He missed 22 tackles. He also wasn’t a good tackler in 2017 either, ranking in bottom half of missed tackles.

He’s not great in coverage either.

The Jeff Heath love is one of the more amazing things around here. It rivals those that would defend Nick Hayden.
Jeff Heath love? must've missed that.
"Jeff Heath sucks" is one of the few unifying themes on this Forum.
The question only seems to be whether Gorgeous George is a significant upgrade.