Signed by Cowboys Safety George Iloka signed

Rayman70

Reaction score
LOL LOL and what is that? Do it again next year?
1 year deals almost across the board. Hey...I use the word "plan" carefully when using it in the same breath as Booger and JJ...but we have a guy named Will McClay too. Problem will be our HC,like usual.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Iloka covers better than KFrazier and tackles better than Heath

Always
Be
Churning

baby steps is all we get in March.....our offseason starts in late April and hopefully includes a trade or two
the issue I have is, why has it taken over 20 years to apply a permanent fix at safety? Its still not fixed lol...its just been patched. AGAIN. Love the cap friendly deals,,thats good, but at some point depth don't matter one crapola if you don't have that bonafide starter!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
1 year deals almost across the board. Hey...I use the word "plan" carefully when using it in the same breath as Booger and JJ...but we have a guy named Will McClay too. Problem will be our HC,like usual.
This team is very cognizant of the upcoming labor troubles

I think they are overthinking things like they did during the last CBA

Rayman70

Reaction score
tired of hearing talk of depth..its asinine as HELL. This aint the NBA where depth is key and you have like 100 games. We only get 16 of these each year. FIND A BLASTED STARTER AT SAFETY!!

ESisback

Reaction score
RB I can see late, TE, not so sure

Did you see the thread—I think it was Jumbo—that pointed out the Cowboys’ apparent proclivity to double dip? Recent past history has shown several instances where they signed a player to a one or two year contract, then drafted at the same position. Having said that, do you think that “tipped their hand” and affected how other teams drafted?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
All I need to see #38 doing is selling out on punt & kickoff teams.

Sign Berry too please... THANK YOU.

Rayman70

Reaction score
btw...Barry Church was a decent player, but in no way a full time starter. We didn't even notice he left lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well we wanted a safety.
I like Iloka, but he's purely a box safety. I think he will play well. Problem I have is, why are we still not fixing that position on a fulltime basis? Its weird man. Over 20 years and still searching.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Boooooooooom!!!!!!!! Yes sir!! Good signing. Not on the level of Earl or Berry, but an upgrade over Heath for sure and quality depth at the very least. Now let’s get DE Quinn.

Yes an upgrade over Heath and I'm guessing here that Cowboys didn't like Berry's foot issues so not on the level on Berry with a caveat, IF Berry's foot is completely mended. As far as ET, no not on the same level but younger, 2 fewer broken legs and you know the rest of the story.

Agree, if a deal can be reached with the Fins, get 'er done!

ESisback

Reaction score
tired of hearing talk of depth..its asinine as HELL. This aint the NBA where depth is key and you have like 100 games. We only get 16 of these each year. FIND A BLASTED STARTER AT SAFETY!!

I agree, but I think there’s a very thin line between that and trying to be prepared for the inevitable injury bug. If Zeke goes down, we’re screwed. If Dak gets hurt, season’s over in Big D.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I like Iloka, but he's purely a box safety. I think he will play well. Problem I have is, why are we still not fixing that position on a fulltime basis? Its weird man. Over 20 years and still searching.

I believe/feel/think we will draft a S somewhere in rounds 2-4. Our targeted positions in FA are almost always target position in the draft and we brought in 3 S for a visit. Maybe the draft will ease your troubled mind Ray :)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Good chance he replaces Woods rather than Heath. We will see.

Heath will still get his snaps. Very good ST player and ALWAYS fit best as a dime DB as the centerfield rover. Moving him to starting S was a reach and our arms were crocodile short on that one

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I think they really do like XWoods at FS and will be looking to Draft one as well

Several visits have been top safeties

:hammer:
Bang on! Follow the bread crumbs,3 safety's brought in during FA plus signed Darian Thompson on DAY 1. That's 4 safeties targeted in FA and I agree Night, we will draft another. Number 1 position targeted in FA. How's that for a misinformed/out of touch/addle minded FO!!