Saints are 3 point favorites this Sunday do you agree?

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I don't agree. The Saints were one of the worst games in our history. I'm still shamed by that game. Until they prove different against that team (and I reiterate ... on national TV) they should be 21 point dogs.

he meant the Saints should be favored by more

rynochop

Reaction score
i wouldnt bet this game either way. saints could blow us out, or cowboys win by a fg..wouldnt touch it

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Well they lost to Atlanta, who is a pretty good team (I think, we'll see). Now, the Cleveland game they clearly played poorly, but the Browns do have a good defense, much better than ours anyway. I honestly thought the line would open closer to 6.5 or so

Cleveland's defense is 31st in total yardage and tied for 24th in pts per game given up. They aren't good. Atlanta's defense is 20th in points and 27th in yards given up. Neither are GOOD defenses.

Jenky

Reaction score
What is wrong with me??? Reading is fundamental.
I guess I need to take some Rosetta Stone courses.

Yes, I meant the Saints should be favored by more than 3. It was in response to the OP's title.

I would feel better if McClain was starting. I don't like the fact of having no one capable of rushing Brees. I just hope Dallas is able to take advantage of their center being out.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I did not know this. Aren't they also missing their starting C?

Yep, pretty sure Goodwin will be out with the dreaded high ankle sprain. Their OL was already weaker than it has been in the past and this surely won't help them.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I agree with it and am surprised that it isn't more.
Lets think about this logically......

An undrafted free agent passes for over 300 yards against us and takes us to the wire, and that was with a very average WR corp.
Brees is a superior QB and has a much superior WR corps to work with.

Our best bet is to make Brees run for his life because if he has time to set his feet and throw I think its going to be a long day for our secondary.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Neither team has looked impressive, so then you have to look at matchups and the Saints are just a matchup problem for the Cowboys, both from a players and coaching standpoint.

Agree. Saints have picked a way to exploit our weakness defensively. To me this was an L on the calendar, but would gladly take any type of W even with giving up a lot of yards and points.

Reaction score
The Saints should be favored by more. The Cowboys do not have a home field advantage like most teams do. So the 3 points home teams typically get from oddsmakers should not apply to Dallas. Combine that with what the Saints did last year and 3 points is pretty generous.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, pretty sure Goodwin will be out with the dreaded high ankle sprain. Their OL was already weaker than it has been in the past and this surely won't help them.

Will help the inside pass rush with him out. Sure hope Melton is ok to play. Could mean a big difference in getting pressure.
And if Spencer can get in some snaps, even better. and if Ro McClain is back, even better yet.

But is that luck on our side, usually not. But maybe it changes for the better this time around though too.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Our best bet is to make Brees run for his life because if he has time to set his feet and throw I think its going to be a long day for our secondary.

Only trouble is, when we rushed more than 4 last year vs. Brees he was like, 9/9 for 150 and 2 TDs. Not sure that's the best idea either. This defense was last in the league when blitzing (and of course our genius GM was giving directions to Kiffin to blitz more...unreal). They should rush 4 and mix up zone and man and then send a blitz once in a while, but not as a matter of routine.

Reaction score
Cleveland's defense is 31st in total yardage and tied for 24th in pts per game given up. They aren't good. Atlanta's defense is 20th in points and 27th in yards given up. Neither are GOOD defenses.

That's OK. Neither is ours.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Saints should be favored by more. The Cowboys do not have a home field advantage like most teams do. So the 3 points home teams typically get from oddsmakers should not apply to Dallas. Combine that with what the Saints did last year and 3 points is pretty generous.

I don't think Vegas applies that theory.
Try using that to negotiate a point spread with someone...LOL...

And have you looked around the entire NFL, this is happening at many stadiums....

Staubacher

Reaction score
Our offense is as good as theirs right now. Maybe better due to run game and OL edge.

Yeah we'll have problems stopping them but Linehan is gonna go Buffalo Bill on fatty Ryan.

Win or lose this will be close. Prepare for another nailbiter.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I'll say this.... if they beat the Saints I'll start believing the team has a shot of making some noise and making the playoffs.

I tend to be a pessimist but 3-1 is 3-1.

Agreed.

The Saints should be favored but only because the Dallas defense is still an unknown.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I for one am surprised at Spencer being available. Didn't think he would be in " game shape" this quickly, even in a limited role

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Sadly, I agree. Only way Dallas wins is if they have a 2/1 edge in TOP AND get a defensive or special team TD. Dallas can't handle a decent TE, and they face the best one in the league this week. They got chewed up by Austin Freaking Davis, so I don't see how Brees doesn't dismantle the Dallas D. I think it will be relatively close at the half (e.g., 24-17), but then New Orleans pulls away in the 2nd en route to a 45-30 win.

He didn't dismantle the Cleveland or Minnesota defenses and neither of them are very good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only trouble is, when we rushed more than 4 last year vs. Brees he was like, 9/9 for 150 and 2 TDs. Not sure that's the best idea either. This defense was last in the league when blitzing (and of course our genius GM was giving directions to Kiffin to blitz more...unreal). They should rush 4 and mix up zone and man and then send a blitz once in a while, but not as a matter of routine.

GM was not calling for more blitzes. Maybe he commented on it. But guess people can't get it out of their heads, that...JERRY DOES NOT CALL THE PLAYS....

Also, no matter who was rushing the QB in that game last year, weren't nearly as good as the players now. Can you name anyone on that DL, even the entire defense other than a few players.
The street guys' street guys were rushing last year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Sadly, I agree. Only way Dallas wins is if they have a 2/1 edge in TOP AND get a defensive or special team TD. Dallas can't handle a decent TE, and they face the best one in the league this week. They got chewed up by Austin Freaking Davis, so I don't see how Brees doesn't dismantle the Dallas D. I think it will be relatively close at the half (e.g., 24-17), but then New Orleans pulls away in the 2nd en route to a 45-30 win.

Sorry but don't you mean facing second best TE............Witten saids hello