Saints are 3 point favorites this Sunday do you agree?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I sure hope the Saints go into Sunday's game thinking last year has any relevance whatsoever because if they do they're going to be unpleasantly surprised. Different year, different teams. Let's see what happens.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Seems about right. Vegas still thinks our defense sucks and Brees can light it up. Plus, we haven't beat the Saints since 09. And we are missing people on our already shaky defense.

To be fair, we've played them twice since 09...2010 week 12, lost 30-27...2012 week 16, lost 34-31... I agree with the post stating we
shouldn't compare year to year.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I sure hope the Saints go into Sunday's game thinking last year has any relevance whatsoever because if they do they're going to be unpleasantly surprised. Different year, different teams. Let's see what happens.

I'd normally agree, but sadly I just think this particular team is the worst of all match-ups the Cowboys face all year.

The short passing game of the Saints with Brees just punctures holes in our D.

Even Philadelphia is a better match up for the Cowboys- Cowboys are the more physical football team on both sides of the ball, and Philly's tendency to go for the home run or lean on McCoy makes them predictable for opponents that see them often, Philly is a handful for anyone else but I really don't think they scare divisional foes much.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
i thought Dallas should've at least opened as 2 or 3 point favorites at home. The Saints haven't looked that good to be three point favorites on the road.

I think they are being generous ... to us.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Was putting them in playoffs. Was trusting them more than our crew.

Hey, my mistake.... you said Brees would return to SB 'form"... and I read "run"... I'm getting older every day... it sucks...:)

I imagine a high scoring game in which Dallas comes up short... would love to be wrong this week though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't trust the players or the team.

I think Drew gets his groove back, his superbowl form against us,

If we give them those little dumpoffs then it will be just like last year and they will never punt.

I hate our defensive scheme.

Im not a fan of defenses that play soft coverage with no blitzing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Last year they rushed the ball for 242 with Ingram ranking up 147 yards. Dez had 1 catch, Murray did well with 89 yards on 16 carries but hard to run the ball when Dallas fell behind as they did and defense never could stop the saints who had 40 1st downs to our 9.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I am just not in believer mode with these guys.

Win, cowboys, win! I want to be wrong.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Based on what?

Our defense is better in yards allowed and points allowed. Those are the two biggest defensive stats there are. Dallas is 21st in yds and 18th in points.

The stats do not say it now, but I think both of those defenses are better than the Cowboys. Yes, at this point it is a completely subjective statement. We will see where they all stack up after a larger sample size. We'll see how the game goes on Sunday

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The mere anticipation of our defense trying to deal with Drew Brees has me considering stocking up on enough beer this weekend to provide some measure of sedation. Once Brees starts "winging it" on our defense, I'm afraid it could get ugly in a hurry. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised Vegas didn't make it a bigger point spread.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If we give them those little dumpoffs then it will be just like last year and they will never punt.

I hate our defensive scheme.

Im not a fan of defenses that play soft coverage with no blitzing.

Former drives me crazy. Plus soft coverage. I feel we have control over it to not do that.
Latter, getting used to it. No control.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I'm surprised it isn't more, Saints just as easily could be 3-0 as they're 1-2. They're a good team that will show up to play Dallas, and we better be ready or the same thing will happen as it did last year. Saints played Atlanta in a dogfight and had the game won if it weren't for their Dallas-esque defense. As for the Browns game, the Browns are no pushover and usually give a lot of teams a close win/lose due to the fact they play physical smash mouth football.

I think we lose this game by 2 possessions, I'm sure we'll play sloppy starting out (Fumble/Int) and create ourselves a hole to climb out of.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Former drives me crazy. Plus soft coverage. I feel we have control over it to not do that.
Latter, getting used to it. No control.

We're basically just hoping the offense messes up.

When you face these highly skilled passers then they won't mess up unless you either tighten up your coverage and throw their timing off or get a pass rush.

If you do neither then they will eat you alive.

Anytime we made Austin Davis uncomfortable Sunday he gave the ball up. The rest of the game we let him play catch with his receivers.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Past history? Saints have Brees, Colston, Evans, Goodwin(left in FA and came back, out for game), Strief left from the SB, not a single defensive player remains.

Yes, they whooped us a year ago. Several of the guys that were a factor in that for them are gone.

I expect a shootout....could end up a 10 pt game either way just because the offenses are so much better than the defenses.

Reaction score
overconfidence.jpg

reddyuta

Reaction score
Saints are a perfect nightmare matchup for our defense,they have a solid oline and a great QB who gets rid of the ball quickly .They have one of the best TEs in the league and they can stretch the field with all of their WRs and not just one.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
The Saints are a better team, and should be favored no matter where they play.With this Cowboy defense, someone very soon is going to lay a major thrashing on them.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Last year they rushed the ball for 242 with Ingram ranking up 147 yards. Dez had 1 catch, Murray did well with 89 yards on 16 carries but hard to run the ball when Dallas fell behind as they did and defense never could stop the saints who had 40 1st downs to our 9.

I know man...but thanks for describing that nightmare in detail for me to remember. Ugh.