Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro

Wood

Reaction score
They say he's trade bait. Wonder if there is thought of pulling the trigger. With what is happening in our secondary perhaps there is some thought to moving Byron Jones to corner and bringing Vaccaro in. Jones is a better corner then Nolan Carol (who has pretty much always sucked). Vaccaro is better then any safety on our team right now with almost zero doubt. He is at the end of his rookie deal, so he's cheap. Maybe for a 4th or 5th?

I am almost with you in term of Byron Jones not being a safety. Jones would bring some length to CB position. I could live with him & Brown on outside. Let Lewis take slot duties. Cheto might be decent safety then sign FA safety. Done with Heath, Carroll.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am almost with you in term of Byron Jones not being a safety. Jones would bring some length to CB position. I could live with him & Brown on outside. Let Lewis take slot duties. Cheto might be decent safety then sign FA safety. Done with Heath, Carroll.

They would never do it but flipping Jones and Awuzie is an interesting concept.

visionary

Reaction score
Who do they have behind him? IE, why is the reason he is trade bait? Just curious.

We could of gone after TJ Ward for free, minus the $, but didn't. We seem to be stuck on some players and decide to ride it out for better or worse. I think our only hope is that Woods is the real deal, and he someone gets more playing time somehow.

Some of us were beating the drum for Ward but the usual suspects on CZ felt that our safety issues were solved :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Worst defense in the NFL wants to trade a guy. Must be really impressing them. :rolleyes:

Don't think we'd trade for him, regardless.

robbieruff

Reaction score
He's a free agent after this season, no one is giving the Saints a 2nd for him.
oh good lord...you didn't get the irony of the post?!! it's a joke my good brother...based on our woeful history of acquiring talent in the 2nd round - players who never pan out...meaning "give that one to the Saints since at least we'll have Vacarro to show for it"...it has zero to do with where I see his true trade value to be.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
For those of you who didn't see the Saints-Patriots game:

Romo ripped Vaccaro hard. Basically said he should be benched. Vaccaro looked completely lost at times while Brady picked them apart.

I was just about to post this, and the week earlier he gave up another TD.

Carson

Reaction score
Some of us were beating the drum for Ward but the usual suspects on CZ felt that our safety issues were solved :rolleyes:

Come on now bud we know Heath is our next renowned great player. All we heard was Heath > Ward. Too much of a small sample size to critique Heath. Now it's off with his head

Last edited:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
When are people finally going to understand. You could bring the starting NFC All Pro defensive backfield to Dallas and as soon as you ask then to play this scheme, they will look no better than the players we have now or have had in the past. This scheme does not put players in positions to make plays that win games. It puts them in position to not give up huge plays but that's it. It looks great against inept offenses like the Giants but can't get off the field against good offenses with a smart QB and OC. It is easily beaten and will never get you on a deep playoff run unless you have an offense that can score 40+ on anyone. So quit thinking bringing in players is the answer. The answer is bringing in a DC that can scheme defenses to get after the QB and disrupt the offenses timing and rhythm.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'd be on board. Remember we should have a nice haul of comp picks next year

agk136

Reaction score
Not another band-aid. I'll pass. Not giving up draft picks for another experiment.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I dunno, every time I turn on the Saints I see guys running wide open, almost as if they weren't covered at all, deep in their Secondary. That doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about their safety play.

bark

Reaction score
He is a good hitter very physical.
Bad in coverage and often takes obtuse angles. So yeah, he'd fit right in here.

Pass please. Let the young kids take their lumps and learn

bsbellomy

Reaction score
For those of you who didn't see the Saints-Patriots game:

Romo ripped Vaccaro hard. Basically said he should be benched. Vaccaro looked completely lost at times while Brady picked them apart.

Would have had an INT against the great Brady of not for an offsides

Carson

Reaction score
Send all our draft picks to Detroit for Quin, Slay and Killebrew ;)

vaturkey

Reaction score
Not another band-aid. I'll pass. Not giving up draft picks for another experiment.

He's 26 and a former first round pick that we almost chose as a Safety. I think he's beyond and experiment and would start for us the day he arrived (if he ended up here). There is a reason he was chosen in the first round.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
In somewhat related news, the Saints just traded linebacker Stephone Anthony to Miami for a 2018 pick.