Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro

erod

Reaction score
When are people finally going to understand. You could bring the starting NFC All Pro defensive backfield to Dallas and as soon as you ask then to play this scheme, they will look no better than the players we have now or have had in the past. This scheme does not put players in positions to make plays that win games. It puts them in position to not give up huge plays but that's it. It looks great against inept offenses like the Giants but can't get off the field against good offenses with a smart QB and OC. It is easily beaten and will never get you on a deep playoff run unless you have an offense that can score 40+ on anyone. So quit thinking bringing in players is the answer. The answer is bri nging in a DC that can scheme defenses to get after the QB and disrupt the offenses timing and rhythm.
Brandon Carr already has two interceptions this season.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I am always pro-infusing of talent at the right price...if they're asking for a 2nd rounder then I say we go for it ASAP as that's a throw-away pick historically anyways...with Tank Lawrence apparently becoming the rare exception to that rule...

Perhaps a 3rd, but no higher.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They say he's trade bait. Wonder if there is thought of pulling the trigger. With what is happening in our secondary perhaps there is some thought to moving Byron Jones to corner and bringing Vaccaro in. Jones is a better corner then Nolan Carol (who has pretty much always sucked). Vaccaro is better then any safety on our team right now with almost zero doubt. He is at the end of his rookie deal, so he's cheap. Maybe for a 4th or 5th?

Many people will say yes but few if any have really watched him play.

He was a first round pick and people recognize his name.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Who do they have behind him? IE, why is the reason he is trade bait? Just curious.

We could of gone after TJ Ward for free, minus the $, but didn't. We seem to be stuck on some players and decide to ride it out for better or worse. I think our only hope is that Woods is the real deal, and he someone gets more playing time somehow.

We've become the Least active free agent team in the league. I think free agents should be used to cover holes, with your foundation through the draft. The Cowboys pay no mind to free agency whatsoever anymore.

That's the difference between teams that regularly miss the playoffs by a game and teams that regularly make the playoffs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, I posted this before the game and it got moved to "Roster Zone" in seconds. I guess after a loss, "fans" are more willing to consider this sort of thing.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Come on now bud we know Heath is our next renowned great player. All we heard was Heath > Ward. Too much of a small sample size to critique Heath. Now it's off with his head

You might be a new fan but I've got plenty sample size on Heath.

CWR

Reaction score
I am almost with you in term of Byron Jones not being a safety. Jones would bring some length to CB position. I could live with him & Brown on outside. Let Lewis take slot duties. Cheto might be decent safety then sign FA safety. Done with Heath, Carroll.

Really getting tired of the jack of all trades master of none type. Im holding my breath on Cheto and dont know what to think of Jones. I was, however really impressed with our secondary in week 1 vs the NY scrubs.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Yeah no. Dude has been trash in the league.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I think the funniest part of this thread is the people willing to pay with a second, third, or fourth rounder for him.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Screenshot-2017-9-20_Saints_safety_Kenny_Vaccaro.png

:muttley:CZ in a nutshell

Aven8

Reaction score
Brandon Carr already has two interceptions this season.

My buddy said the other day what's up with that in a text. I told him, it's amazing what a pass rush will do!