Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
KFFL
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:42:10 -0800
According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, the New Orleans Saints are definitely trading out of the second spot in the NFL Draft, and they are looking for a defensive player.

we should trade the great Tony Romo for their # 2 slot :lmao2::lmao:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
KFFL
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:42:10 -0800
According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, the New Orleans Saints are definitely trading out of the second spot in the NFL Draft, and they are looking for a defensive player.

we should trade the great Tony Romo for their # 2 slot :lmao2::lmao:
Tony Romo and our #18 pick for their #2 spot..?

Or Tony Romo, Greg Ellis for defensive help and our #1 in '07..?

Either of those might be more interesting..

Parcellswaterboy

thor_01

Reaction score
trade ellis and our number one and a conditional for next year for their number one in the second slot, i would jump on that in a heartbeat.........

thor_01

Reaction score
YoMick said:
So WHO would you pick if you had the #2 pick in draft?

would trade down, from 2 to gain more picks until i found something worth the slot i was picking in for sure, depends on what big bill thinks its time for and if the right personel was there to jump on.............

Gfunk

Reaction score
no one is worth the kind of guranteed money you gotta pay the players you draft in the top 3​

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Ferguson and move the Hotel to the right side.
I like that idea but I don't like the thought of a rookie protecting Bledsoes blind side.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Yes he is a rookie but a real fast one so he should be ok- would take the whole camp to make sure- but all accounts are that he would certainly be a lot better then TUcker.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I just do not think that Leinart will be all that as a Pro QB. I am thinking he will be like DIlfer, Johnson, etc. GOOD but not great.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Without pulling a Mike Ditka we don't have the ammo to pull a trade off to move us up that far. We need more than just one player at the 2 spot, so with that in mind standing pat is the move. You don't move up from 18 to 2 for your first this year, and a first next year. You don't do it for a first, a conditional and romo, it takes a heck of alot more than that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I just do not think that Leinart will be all that as a Pro QB. I am thinking he will be like DIlfer, Johnson, etc. GOOD but not great.
Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson both won Super Bowls. If Leinart does that I'd say he's doing all right.

morris1885

Reaction score
I think Matt Leinart will be the next Boller or Harrington in the NFL. Not exactly what we need.:blech:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
#2 pick is going to cost u more money and their is no guarantee he will be a star, then on the other side u can draft a star at #18 and would be a cheaper