Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?

neosapien23

Reaction score
I would like to see Dallas try to trade up for the third quarterback in the draft. I have a feeling that Culter will go before Vince Young. If either Culter or Young is still available around the 10th or 11th pick, I would like to see Dallas trade their first round pick and Greg Ellis to move up. Maybe one of the quarterbacks will make it to 18th pick or am I losing touch with reality??

burmafrd

Reaction score
There is not a QB in the draft this year that I really like. If we are going for one, let it be in the 3rd or later. None of the top QB's really impresses me.
Not this year.

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
I don't see Dallas moving all the way up to #2... I just can't see them giving up as much as that would take... andit would be a heck of a lot more than Ellis and a #1. you just dont' see teams move that far up... you essentially need a top 5 pick, next years #1 and players..... just to get 3 or 4 spots up....

BUT... hypothetically speaking it's interesting to think who we would pick....

Leinart - someone said they see him as the next boller.... i disagree... i think he's the next Palmer. an excellent pick... he shouldn't have stayed in school, ppl aare just picking him apart now.

Ferguson - the one player who they never seem to have a neg report on... he seems to be as sure fire a player as there is. and he's fill a major void and fill it at a pro bowl level for a long time. The only thing that scares me is that Mike Williams was supposed to be the same way, and look at him now.

AJ Hawk - the best Lb in the draft by far. Probably the biggest playmaker on D int he draft too. would fill a huge need at OLB for us too. He'd make the D downright scary.

Obviously if you want the most immediate help it's Hawk then Ferguson then Leinart.

Personally I'd go Leinart. Drew is geting older and Leinart is finally a QB that isn't a reclaim project..... he's the real deal.... But i'd not complain with any of the 3.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
There is not a QB in the draft this year that I really like. If we are going for one, let it be in the 3rd or later. None of the top QB's really impresses me.
Not this year.

I agree...

Leinart was always surrounded by the best players in the nation and not to mention he always had either the Heisman trophy winner or Lendale White in the backfield.

Young's Rose Bowl performance is still carrying him, and I don't think he's going to be able to adjust to the speed of the NFL. USC's defense was soft, and Young could never run over NFL defenses like he did in the Rose Bowl.

Cutler is making noise now, but why wasn't I hearing about him during the season? I hate how players get so overhyped once the 'draft gurus' study how good of an NFL player they'll be by making them workout with no pads on.

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Not this year.

you're crazy..... I felt this way LAST year. I think Cutler and Leinart are excellent prospects... the best since Palmer came out.

Young has me on the fence.... I'm afraid he's another Culpepper/vick.... Physically amazing, good enough to make yout hink he's elite, but ultimately will not be good enough in his passing/decision making to matter.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
YoMick said:
So WHO would you pick if you had the #2 pick in draft?

D'Brickshaw Ferguson without batting an eye!!!!!

:starspin :starspin :starspin

Little Jr

Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
you're crazy..... I'm afraid he's another Culpepper/vick.... Physically amazing, good enough to make yout hink he's elite, but ultimately will not be good enough in his passing/decision making to matter.

I can see why you say that about Vick but not Culpepper. His completion % is 64 with 135 TD's and 86 INT's.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Culpepper's numbers are flawed because he had Randy Moss to throw jump balls to. Anyone remember Jeff George lighting it up b/c of # 84?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Leinart is not like Palmer- I do not see the fire in him that Palmer has.
Cutler- just another good prospect overhyped.
Young- BOOM or BUST. VERY risky.
Ferguson is NOTHING like Williams- he has NEVER had a weight problem and has never been tagged with the lazy title. As was pointed out- NO ONE has had a bad thing to say about Ferguson; unlike EVERY OTHER TOP PICK.

Little Jr

Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Culpepper's numbers are flawed because he had Randy Moss to throw jump balls to. Anyone remember Jeff George lighting it up b/c of # 84?

I would give him time before I would say that. That's like saying Montanas and Youngs #'s are flawed becasue they had Rice. Mannings #'s are flawed becasue he has the best WR corp in the NFL. Aikman #'s were flawed because the had Mike, Smith and one of the best OL in the history of the NFL. Moons and Kellys #'s were flawed becase of the system they were in.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Ferguson and move the Hotel to the right side.
I love this idea because i doubt we are looking to get a QB in draft or at least not in the first 2 rounds. Bledsoe would have tons of time to get it to T.O BABY!!! :cool:

ghst187

Reaction score
parcellswaterboy said:
Tony Romo and our #18 pick for their #2 spot..?

Or Tony Romo, Greg Ellis for defensive help and our #1 in '07..?

Either of those might be more interesting..

Parcellswaterboy

what about the potential of a 3-team trade...? We don't want a top 5 pick anyway, but maybe we trade Romo, Ellis, and our 18, for something like a:
12-15 and an extra high 2nd round pick?

MONT17

Reaction score
hold up why are we talking about the #2 pick when we can just get the #1 pick!!!

I know the draft is only weeks away but spare us on the trade ups to the second pick in the draft!!!

TOP 10 pick may be pipe dream!!!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Just a note about the culpepper comment. Someone said culpeppers numbers are flawed b/c he had #84 to throw to.

the season he had 37 td's and passed for over 4500 yards Moss had 800 yards that year. And was injured most of the season, and played hurt.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
what about the potential of a 3-team trade...? We don't want a top 5 pick anyway, but maybe we trade Romo, Ellis, and our 18, for something like a:
12-15 and an extra high 2nd round pick?

I like that idea.

I have a feeling Minnesota trades up to the 2nd pick now to draft whichever qb they please.

It makes sense, all the vikings boards say they will trade up(speculation)

And they have the 17th pick overall, plus 2 2nd's

The saints could steal Manny Lawson from us and have 3 second round picks to use on defense. I'd do that if I was New Orleans