Saints | Team to trade out of No. 2 slot; seeking defensive help?

burmafrd

Reaction score
The thing about Ferguson is that you could have your LT for the next 12 years. That is a much better gamble then a QB that might bust. Ferguson is the closest thing to a SURE thing in the draft this year.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
superpunk said:
ajhawk.jpg
=

?????????????

Actually, he kind of reminds me of He-man from Masters of the Universe.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
KFFL
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:42:10 -0800
According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, the New Orleans Saints are definitely trading out of the second spot in the NFL Draft, and they are looking for a defensive player.

we should trade the great Tony Romo for their # 2 slot :lmao2::lmao:

how about ellis, our 1st rounder this year and 3rd rounder next year for their first :) just kidding.

ZB9

Reaction score
@ #2?

Mario Williams...he is the best player in this draft, imo (besides Vince Young)

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Culpepper's numbers are flawed because he had Randy Moss to throw jump balls to. Anyone remember Jeff George lighting it up b/c of # 84?

Jeff George threw to Cris Carter #80 more than he did Randy Moss #84... Randall Cunningham had the penchant for throwing all those jump balls to Moss... Jeff George, when he was in their lineup, preferred to throw to his posession receivers.

felix360

Reaction score
we should trade romo and ellis and our first for the number two, then trade down the number 2 for two a second and harrington, then trade harrington to the raiders for their first and second, then trade our second and first to SD for rivers then trade rivers to NO for their first and third???? damn i got lost :laugh1: :laugh1:

ZB9

Reaction score
felix360 said:
no no wait, he looks like that russian boxer from rocky 4 :lmao2:

i would be weary of annointing Hawk as the next great NFL linebacker. The steroid testing in the NFL is much more strict than it is in college.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Not for a #2 overall. You can win a Superbowl with a serviceable tackle, but you have to have an excellent QB. A great tackle with a serviceable QB will struggle to get to the playoffs.

Bledsoe is the man right now, but in 2008, we may have to look elsewhere. Leiinart in the draft, or Brady Quinn in next year's. If you trade down to #2, which this thread is supposing, you grab a player to win you Superbowls. That ain't Vince Young or Jay Cutler.

Leiniart played in a pro offense at USC. His adaption to the Pro game will not be that great. Same with Brady Quinn. They have had great coaching and that gives them a definate edge over the others.

It was Bledsoe who was lighting up the NFC in the QBacking department before Flozell went down in early 2005. Furthermore, when did the running game surface for Bledsoe to take some heat off of him?? One fluke game versus an unmotivated Philly squad, and then nothing until Carolina, another unmotivated squad. So yes, Bledsoe is the man right now, but I'm not going to worry about 2008 until 2008. The Cowboy staff will know when it's time to make the QB decision... It's certainly not this season. Now I'll agree I'd like to see some quality depth, but signs say presently we just don't know yet.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Leinart did very well at USC, but he had Reggie Bush making the numbers for that offense. Leinart also had a superior offensive line, which will most likely have three first day draft picks on 4/29.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Leinart will play at the level he played at USC... Everyone knows that. If he does... than the team that drafts him will be undefeated, have an all pro OL at at least 3 positions, and he will have the NFL MVP at running back... that's hardly gonna happen, even in a dream.

All signs point to offensive line because that's what failed the Cowboy offense last year... not quarterback... Bledsoe is still more than serviceable... If you have more than forty thousand passing yards in your career, I don't call that serviceable...

Give me the premier offensive tackle of the draft and the return of the running game, which did NOTHING last year and then we'll see what happens. Leinart would be a wasted pick believe me... Ferguson would not.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
KFFL
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:42:10 -0800
According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, the New Orleans Saints are definitely trading out of the second spot in the NFL Draft, and they are looking for a defensive player.

The big question is can Dallas afford a 2nd pick?

The only good thing that's coming out of getting a second pick.

If you want to you could really dominate the draft with a second pick by keep trading down..

So this wouldn't be too bad for the Cowboys.. Cowboys probably could end up with alot of picks if they make this move.. They sure wouldn't be hustling backwards.

I say trade this year and next first Round for the second pick... then keep trading down aquiring more picks for this year's draft and next year's draft and acquire a first round draft choice for next year's draft too....

Not bad....

Never know Cowboys could possibly end up with Michael Huff, Vince Young,Jay Cutler,Jimmy Williams, Reggie Bush, Matt Lineart, Ngata, Mario Williams, or etc....

Honestly trading two first round and greg ellis.. and keep trading down and end up with Mario Williams wouldn't be bad... ThoughtS?

fortdick

Reaction score
aardvark said:
It was Bledsoe who was lighting up the NFC in the QBacking department before Flozell went down in early 2005. Furthermore, when did the running game surface for Bledsoe to take some heat off of him?? One fluke game versus an unmotivated Philly squad, and then nothing until Carolina, another unmotivated squad. So yes, Bledsoe is the man right now, but I'm not going to worry about 2008 until 2008. The Cowboy staff will know when it's time to make the QB decision... It's certainly not this season. Now I'll agree I'd like to see some quality depth, but signs say presently we just don't know yet.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Leinart did very well at USC, but he had Reggie Bush making the numbers for that offense. Leinart also had a superior offensive line, which will most likely have three first day draft picks on 4/29.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Leinart will play at the level he played at USC... Everyone knows that. If he does... than the team that drafts him will be undefeated, have an all pro OL at at least 3 positions, and he will have the NFL MVP at running back... that's hardly gonna happen, even in a dream.

All signs point to offensive line because that's what failed the Cowboy offense last year... not quarterback... Bledsoe is still more than serviceable... If you have more than forty thousand passing yards in your career, I don't call that serviceable...

Give me the premier offensive tackle of the draft and the return of the running game, which did NOTHING last year and then we'll see what happens. Leinart would be a wasted pick believe me... Ferguson would not.

I agree, Bledose is much more than serviceable.

But, right now, if you had to pick up one of the two, would you rather have Harrington or Robert Gallery? Gallery was the Ferguson of two years ago. A sure fire, no s**t all pro tackle. I would take Harrington hands down.

Did New England win 3 superbowls because of Ashworth, or because of Brady?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Rudy said:
Matt Leinart.

How can people hate him? How many games did he lose in his college career starting games? Had Reggie Bush not run for 500+ all purpose yards against a pac10 defense/spec teams, Fresno State at that, the man would have won the Heisman twice and would be the no brainer first overall pick this year. He earned all his praise and doesn't deserve any of the doubt.

Ken Dorsey only lost 2 games his hole career at the U where is he now? 49ers bench, Ken was in the run for the heisman every year he was a starter (i believe that was three)

college greatness doesn't always mean nfl greatness

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
fortdick said:
No brainer - Matt Leinart!

Even after the NFL Network reported that his arm strenght wasn't all that? We do play in Philly and NYC with winds blowing.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
you're crazy..... I felt this way LAST year. I think Cutler and Leinart are excellent prospects... the best since Palmer came out.

Young has me on the fence.... I'm afraid he's another Culpepper/vick.... Physically amazing, good enough to make yout hink he's elite, but ultimately will not be good enough in his passing/decision making to matter.

I find it very interesting some you all's view on Young. Doesn't make good pass decisions, maybe you should look at his completion rate! Looks like he made the right decisions to me. Isn't it the QB's job to hit the open man? Well he did that. Even at his work out some folks moved him ahead of Leinart. Connected on all but 2 of his throws. I watched NFL Network this morning while getting dressed for work and heard how his throws came out faster than was realized. Tell you what I'd take Allen, FS, at 18th BUT to answer this subject if I could move up to #2 I would take Young in a heart beat but is just my opinion like you all have yours. Not to start another QC type debate but I think VY is going to surprise a lot of you.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
that's bogus. If you can take a RB #1 overall, you can take the best LB to come out of college in 10 years #2.

Think has it been 10 years since Ray Lewis or Vilma b/c he is not better than any of those two.

ZB9

Reaction score
it's been 11 years since a running back was drafted #1 overall...and only two have been drafted #1 overall in the past 21 years (KiJana Carter 1995, and Bo Jackson 1986)

a linebacker going #2 is not any crazier than a running back going #1.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
fortdick said:
I agree, Bledose is much more than serviceable.

But, right now, if you had to pick up one of the two, would you rather have Harrington or Robert Gallery? Gallery was the Ferguson of two years ago. A sure fire, no s**t all pro tackle. I would take Harrington hands down.

Did New England win 3 superbowls because of Ashworth, or because of Brady?

Gallery is a big man and a mauler... I wouldn't really call him an athletic guy... On the other hand, Ferguson is very athletic and moves better... Usually the guys that have the best footwork do the best, and at the combine, there was much raving about Ferguson's agility. But then again, that was then, this is now... Nobody really knows about a draft prospect until he comes under fire, September through December. New England won those SBs because of Brady hands down I agree... I'm simply going on what I know is fact... The Dallas OL has been patchwork for darn near a decade... Last year it came fully around and bit them in the bum... It needs major fixing just like the D-line got fixed last year... Transformation has already started... Out with bad legs LA, in with younger Kosier, in with Fabini... draft will tell more... We need a big time QB... we got one in Bledsoe... now let's fix the obvious.