Saints vs Cowboys

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
6 weeks ago maybe less,, I recall looking over this schedule and seeing this matchup and thinking,, Oh boy, we are getting our *** kicked.
Not so much now.
To beat the Saints you have to put pressure on Brees and have the ability to slow down his weapons, no easy task.
We have a very good secondary, probably the best Brees has seen, and we can move him around with pass rush.
Just saying I like our chances to make it a game, a lot more than 6 weeks ago.
Glad they are on our schedule at this point in the season,

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
We beat them in 'Nawlins a few years ago when they were 13-0 and nobody thought we could do it. I remember one of our players had a towel that said "We Dat" LOL. Of course that's meaningless because both teams are vastly different than they were then. However, it does show that on any given Sunday ....

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's really going to come down to how well our defense plays, Brees has struggled a couple times this season. His OL has been playing very well, he doesn't take sacks and doesn't throw many INTs, so we have to be able to get pressure on him and force him to make quick short passes and limit the YAC. It just makes it harder since we really need that pressure coming from our front 4, Brees is so hard to blitz, too much experience and quick to make those adjustments. Gotta keep Kamara and Ingram in check and make them work for their points.

Dak won't win a shootout, but very few QBs will win a shootout against the Saints. We have to slow down the game and it's imperative to be able to run the ball, set up PA and use Dak's legs. Long time consuming drives, to keep Brees off the field and our defense fresh. This is a game we need to establish early a few times that Dak will take off on designed runs, their defense is playing well and need to give them something else to think about. We need to ugly up the game, get physical on both sides of the ball and avoid turnovers.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This will be a shootout, no other way to put it. Can the Cowboys keep up is the question.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
6 weeks ago maybe less,, I recall looking over this schedule and seeing this matchup and thinking,, Oh boy, we are getting our *** kicked.
Not so much now.
To beat the Saints you have to put pressure on Brees and have the ability to slow down his weapons, no easy task.
We have a very good secondary, probably the best Brees has seen, and we can move him around with pass rush.
I can't call a score on this one. It'll be a tough battle. But, in the end, our defense will have given us an opportunity to win. It remains to be seen whether or not we take that opportunity and run with it. New Orleans scores no more than 27 pts.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
We beat them in 'Nawlins a few years ago when they were 13-0 and nobody thought we could do it. I remember one of our players had a towel that said "We Dat" LOL. Of course that's meaningless because both teams are vastly different than they were then. However, it does show that on any given Sunday ....

Or Thursday?!

cej757

Reaction score

We kinda got lucky in that game when Reggie Bush got injured in the 1st quarter and didn't return.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
I can't call a score on this one. It'll be a tough battle. But, in the end, our defense will have given us an opportunity to win. It remains to be seen whether or not we take that opportunity and run with it. New Orleans scores no more than 27 pts.

I don’t see the Boys getting the turnovers they had against McCoy. Without those short-field advantages, I think Linehan struggles to put points on the board:
New Orleans 31
Dallas. 20

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Expecting the Saints and Drew to look at our last game and attack our defense the way the Commanders did with their TE's but they will use their RBs and WRs. Kris needs to make adjustments.....or we are going to get slaughtered.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not so much now.

Nice post, Golden...what I am fearing the most here, is that with a bend but don't break defense, and with a corp of very good receivers and running backs...things will be in full throttle and very difficult to limit.

I do believe it's winnable...I do believe it's winnable...I do believe that it's winnable! GO COWBOYS!!:starspin::thumbup:

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's really simple. To win the Cowboys have to keep up with the Saints. Because the Saints will get their points. That means no mistakes on offense. No pre-snap penalties. No turnovers. Long drives to eat the clock. And main thing - score TD's and not kick FG's.
300+ yards passing and 160 yards rushing wouldn't hurt Dallas...

cej757

Reaction score
The key to this game will be stopping Marc Ingram in the running game. I'm not really concerned with Kamara running between the tackles. If we can stop Ingram that would be huge for this game. I'll take my chances with Brees trying to convert on 3rd and long all night. I think our pass rush will get to Brees at some point in the game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's hard to keep rolling like they are every week. You'd think they'll have a game before the playoffs where they look mortal. You have to hope this is that game. Only then is it winnable.

But I think it's far more likely we have a three way tie for the division lead after next weekend.

With the Wentzinator coming to Dallas looking for revenge.

Bad things, man.