Saints vs Cowboys

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That is exactly what the Saints want their opponents to do. The best game plan is one that slows the game down. Marinelli played Brees perfectly in 2014. The Saints were scoreless the entire first half. I realize it is a different year, but I believe the Cowboys have the team to give the Saints a tough out.
They need long time consuming drives, and no turnovers. best to keep brees on sideline watching our offense.
But I still say they need to gamble a few times.

gmb1

Reaction score
Our biggest problem is special teams, particularly Maher and kick coverage, and our coaching. I pray we can overcome those issues.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
6 weeks ago maybe less,, I recall looking over this schedule and seeing this matchup and thinking,, Oh boy, we are getting our *** kicked.
Not so much now.
To beat the Saints you have to put pressure on Brees and have the ability to slow down his weapons, no easy task.
We have a very good secondary, probably the best Brees has seen, and we can move him around with pass rush.
Just saying I like our chances to make it a game, a lot more than 6 weeks ago.
Glad they are on our schedule at this point in the season,

Just have to play a complete game of complimentary football. That will allow you to keep this game in the mid/upper 20s with a solid chance to win.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We'll have a good chance to beat New Orleans if we play our best game and they have a letdown on the road. We'll need to keep Brees on the bench as long as possible and have a good balance between the run and pass. Here's hoping the OL turns in its best performance yet and the defensive line keeps steady pressure on Drew Brees.

Last edited:

Techsass

Reaction score
They've only gotten above 30 points 9 times this season compared to the 2 times we've done that. We've got this.

Actually we do have a good chance of screwing up their game, if everything works according to plan. This should be a good game.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
The whole issue is Brees. He's a one of a kind QB and is still peaking with his ability to make reads. In all my 40 years watching football, I have never seen a QB make reads so quick and perfectly as Brees is right now. He makes quick and correct decisive decisions and has incredible accuracy to back it. When A QB is playing at this level, they can be virtually unstoppable. We will literally have to play a perfect game out there to have a chance.

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
This game needs to be a perfect showing for the Cowboys for them to have a chance, and if they manage to keep it close or beat the Saints, then they can take on any team in this league. There is no reason that the Cowboys shouldn't be able to beat this Saints team. If Dak continues this streak of zero turnover games, Zeke eats and Amari continues to shine then our offense is not to be taken lightly. We have a top 5 defense and easily one of the best defenses that the Saints have faced thus far. Believe in your Cowboys!
Show less

JRFootball

Reaction score
The key to this game will be stopping Marc Ingram in the running game. I'm not really concerned with Kamara running between the tackles. If we can stop Ingram that would be huge for this game. I'll take my chances with Brees trying to convert on 3rd and long all night. I think our pass rush will get to Brees at some point in the game.
Remember the Saints were without Ingram for four games.....so Payton has so many offensive weapons to go to and he's even playing undrafted players with lots of success. Might catch them in an off game....but if Drew is clicking look out!!!!!

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I expect to get trounced. The offense can't play the way it has against the Saints, we'll be down by several TD's at the half.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Here's how you start:

They get the ball first. We don't give them good field position and clean them on a 3 and out.

Get the ball back and score a touchdown on a long physical drive against the best run defense in the league that is only allowing 71 rushing yards a game. Mostly because they take the run out of your offense with their defense but their high pace offense.

If we can start like that, if any team can start a game like that, especially with how our team is built. We can win.

Tall task this next game.

That's how we have to start and Special Teams is going to be more important than people think. Field position, turnovers and time of possession has to be in our favor.

We need to get the ball to start the 2nd half and we need a possession just before the half ends.

basilhayden

Reaction score
The key to this game will be stopping Marc Ingram in the running game. I'm not really concerned with Kamara running between the tackles. If we can stop Ingram that would be huge for this game. I'll take my chances with Brees trying to convert on 3rd and long all night. I think our pass rush will get to Brees at some point in the game.

Why would you want one of the best QBs on 3rd down with the worst 3rd down defense??

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's really going to come down to how well our defense plays, Brees has struggled a couple times this season. His OL has been playing very well, he doesn't take sacks and doesn't throw many INTs, so we have to be able to get pressure on him and force him to make quick short passes and limit the YAC. It just makes it harder since we really need that pressure coming from our front 4, Brees is so hard to blitz, too much experience and quick to make those adjustments. Gotta keep Kamara and Ingram in check and make them work for their points.

Dak won't win a shootout, but very few QBs will win a shootout against the Saints. We have to slow down the game and it's imperative to be able to run the ball, set up PA and use Dak's legs. Long time consuming drives, to keep Brees off the field and our defense fresh. This is a game we need to establish early a few times that Dak will take off on designed runs, their defense is playing well and need to give them something else to think about. We need to ugly up the game, get physical on both sides of the ball and avoid turnovers.

Exactly....bring them down to our level

basilhayden

Reaction score
I don't care. I don't want to give Garrett a chance to save his job at this point.
This is still a .500 team...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We beat them in 'Nawlins a few years ago when they were 13-0 and nobody thought we could do it. I remember one of our players had a towel that said "We Dat" LOL. Of course that's meaningless because both teams are vastly different than they were then. However, it does show that on any given Sunday ....

We have another towel for this game "Who Dat Clapper"