Saints vs Cowboys

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Heres what Payton is going to have the Saints do.

Set the tone, he knows the Cowboys wont do it. Hes got a prolific offense, so it hes going to jam our throats and keep our defense on its heels. Attack our worst spots with his best.

Hes going to disable Zeke, He knows Dallas is a running team but they cant NOR commit to the run or use their full stable, the run goes through Zeke. Dallas is a team willing to limit itself. Payton knows AC will get his, but it wont be enough.

Payton knows Dallas wont keep pressure on Brees, so Brees wil have his full skill set to do as he pleases. Dallas only has 1 good CB and 1 fair CB with Brees on the field. Avoid Jones, and play the rest of the field. Even if they move JOnes, which is unlikely, Brees will even let an unknown be the hero of the day.

Payton knows Dallas RZ sucks noodles. Keep them out of the endzone and they ll happily take the FG.

Brees can do the long pass, (thats always good for a flag or two), and he ll test Vender Esch if need be as well. Dallas D will be on the field to long and will start cracking. Notably opposite Jones.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Garret lacks ability to make adjustments. If we do not come in with multiple strategies they will adjust to our scheme and destroy us. Garret need a game plan that includes total differs look in second half. Sean will eat Garret alive if game comes down to strategy and ability to adjust.

If we do anything successful Sean will adjust and shut it dow. Garret will flail at that point and keep trying the same thing over and over, rather that pulling ace out of his sleeve he will fold.

That's my problem with the carrott. When it comes to making changes or adjustments that is when the rooster comes home to roost for this team.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Heres what Payton is going to have the Saints do.

Set the tone, he knows the Cowboys wont do it. Hes got a prolific offense, so it hes going to jam our throats and keep our defense on its heels. Attack our worst spots with his best.

Hes going to disable Zeke, He knows Dallas is a running team but they cant NOR commit to the run or use their full stable, the run goes through Zeke. Dallas is a team willing to limit itself. Payton knows AC will get his, but it wont be enough.

Payton knows Dallas wont keep pressure on Brees, so Brees wil have his full skill set to do as he pleases. Dallas only has 1 good CB and 1 fair CB with Brees on the field. Avoid Jones, and play the rest of the field. Even if they move JOnes, which is unlikely, Brees will even let an unknown be the hero of the day.

Payton knows Dallas RZ sucks noodles. Keep them out of the endzone and they ll happily take the FG.

Brees can do the long pass, (thats always good for a flag or two), and he ll test Vender Esch if need be as well. Dallas D will be on the field to long and will start cracking. Notably opposite Jones.

Let me break down this essay in the nutshell, comes down to COACHING!

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
We need to hold them to some 3 and outs. Those 3rd and 11 first downs are keeping our defense on the field way to long. Special teams needs major improvements, we cant keep starting drives within our 10 yard line. We do that we win again. Oh, and maybe run a punt return back for some yardage once in awhile.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can the cowboys offense score 30 points? Only thing we can ask our defense is to hold them under 30.

Last 3 games in wins Cowboys averaged 27 PPG. It doable. But can the D hold them to their average of about 20 or just a little over that.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Brees will get "touched" early and often by our front 7. Prepare yourselves for multiple blitz packages (even some more corner blitzes)....

Our defense will come away from this game with 5 sacks.

Hit print.

Pants

Reaction score
they must not, MUST NOT have a pathetic first half like the last two games....they will be down by 20 at half time if they can't get first downs, run some clock and score a little...they need to be unpredictable on offense and that is where my anxiety shoots up...Garrett and lamehan really have no way to come up with something new - they don't have the mental capacity for it; they should just go no huddle all game and keep the saints reeling as much as possible....

I can see them keeping the saints under 30 and having a shot to win this, so I am going with 27-23 Dallas; the hot boys get 3 sacks and 6 to 7 total pressures, LVE and Jaylon combine for 18 to 20 tackles, zeke goes over 100 and Dak drives them down for the game-winner with about 5 minutes to play...then we have to sweat it out when the D goes to "prevent" and Brees just chucks it all over the place...

my God, better have the rolaids handy

Go Dallas

CWR

Reaction score
Bottom line is that we need to beat them twice,, does that mean that we have to beat them thurs night,, probably not, but we definitely need to.
If this team were to somehow beat the Saints, the sky would catch on fire.

Oh yeah, if they pull off this victory we will be in a position to really bulldoze our way into the playoffs and make some noise.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I think a big portion of stopping the Saints will be these three things:

1) Pass rush on Brees

Consistent pressure in his face and some sacks will go a long way towards making New Orleans and the short, old Brees more one dimensional.

2) LVE + Smith vs. Kamara + Ingram

Their passing attack gets most of the spotlight but they've got one of the best run games in the league. Ingram will pound you and Kamara gets the ball in space. Lots of short passes to Kamara that are effectively long distance handoffs, reminds me at times of how Reid used to use Westbrook in Philly. Gotta see those rushes, tackles in space, and rush dedense between the tackles on full display from these two.

3) Jones + Awuzie vs. Thomas + Brees

Brees loves this kid and if whoever is lined up opposite of him on any given play doesn't do their job, these two will eat our secondary alive.

Dallas can score against New Orleans. To win, Dallas needs to stake a claim as a top defense of the year, which they are capable of doing.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Even beyond the win/loss columns, a win against New Orleans shows the world that we might not be consistent or pretty but we're capable of running with this year's superbowl caliber teams.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
They should, gamble on 4th downs, fake punts, onside kick etc but I doubt it.

That is exactly what the Saints want their opponents to do. The best game plan is one that slows the game down. Marinelli played Brees perfectly in 2014. The Saints were scoreless the entire first half. I realize it is a different year, but I believe the Cowboys have the team to give the Saints a tough out.

cowboyec

Reaction score
our defense will keep us in it.
we cannot have any "almost" plays....make the catch,wrap up on the tackle,make the sack...no near misses.
our run game has gotta keep drives goin'.
but it comes down to this....can we get more TDs than FGs.
have to.
:starspin:WIN:starspin:

Little Jr

Reaction score
We beat them in 'Nawlins a few years ago when they were 13-0 and nobody thought we could do it. I remember one of our players had a towel that said "We Dat" LOL. Of course that's meaningless because both teams are vastly different than they were then. However, it does show that on any given Sunday ....
There a a few similarities to that game. Our D was top 5 in ppg. There O was top 5 ppg. Same now. Our O was wasn't lighting it up that year and their D wasn't dominating in ppg that year although they were in turnovers. Same now.

Them

Reaction score
...it's gonna be a hard game to win...very hard.:eek:

DStar22

Reaction score
This is the type of game superbowl bound teams must win. if the defense plays well, and Dak can be consistent in his passing game, it's possible.

not likely, yet, in my estimation, but possible.

it's the kind of game that careers are made on.