Saints vs Cowboys

cristglo

Reaction score
It would have been good if Irving would earn his pay check on this game but Im sure he will be awol again. Our front four need to have a Great game plain and simple. Offense Has to show up and we Must be able to run the Football. This is one game where we Need the OL to have one of their best games and they need to play nasty! If we can keep Brees off the field and out of rhythm we can win this game. Our coaches need to play to win and Not play to lose. Defense Line wins the battle at the line we win.
These are the games we play for This is what it comes down to. IMO The Play offs started against the eagles.
Winning this game makes a statement. Losing puts us right back to what everybody thought we were.Did lane's johnsons remarks and that awful week awaken the David vs Goliath?

cristglo

Reaction score
Expecting the Saints and Drew to look at our last game and attack our defense the way the Commanders did with their TE's but they will use their RBs and WRs. Kris needs to make adjustments.....or we are going to get slaughtered.
I hope that Richard takes notes of that because we are getting killed on defense with that and you can be sure that Brees will be looking at that and the match ups.

DaleMc

Reaction score
I think this game is a winnable game "if" we don't allow it to become a shootout with Breeze, I don't think Dak or many QB's for that matter will win that battle. Two things, we need to establish the run game early and maintain it throughout the game, ball control and eat of time, second, the defense needs to play lights out, knock Breeze down a few times and an early pick would be nice. O-Line, Zeke, Cooper and Dak need to show up. I think Gallup has a breakout game here and open things up, The Boys CAN win this game.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
No Wilson. Play an extra DB all game. LVE and Jaylon will have to be able to handle Kamara and Ingram

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
6 weeks ago maybe less,, I recall looking over this schedule and seeing this matchup and thinking,, Oh boy, we are getting our *** kicked.
Not so much now.
To beat the Saints you have to put pressure on Brees and have the ability to slow down his weapons, no easy task.
We have a very good secondary, probably the best Brees has seen, and we can move him around with pass rush.
Just saying I like our chances to make it a game, a lot more than 6 weeks ago.
Glad they are on our schedule at this point in the season,
If the Cowboys can get him uncomfortable with 4 rushers they have a good chance at keeping the Saints below 30. Dak is going to have to make some throws. Saints are the best in the league vs the run right now with pass defense their weakness.

cristglo

Reaction score
No Wilson. Play an extra DB all game. LVE and Jaylon will have to be able to handle Kamara and Ingram
Do you think they will have some packages with LVE Smith and Lee on the field at the same time? Wilson scares the crap out of me but so does our extra DB's

shabazz

Reaction score
Bree’s is elite, our guy.....not so much. Zeke will have to be All World, thank God the game ain’t in Nola, say a prayer for the defense

Paradox

Reaction score
The key to this game will be stopping Marc Ingram in the running game. I'm not really concerned with Kamara running between the tackles. If we can stop Ingram that would be huge for this game. I'll take my chances with Brees trying to convert on 3rd and long all night. I think our pass rush will get to Brees at some point in the game.

I don't know, Kamara is so good. He worries me, and he's the main reason Brees doesn't take sacks due to dump offs. He has a lot more production than Ingram rushing and receiving. I think the key to this game is slowing this game down and keeping up the pressure without blitzing much. And that means shutting down Michael Thomas as well as Kamara, and of course applying a healthy dose of Zeke. Our offense just has to click. Since the Boys don't move CBs around they're probably going to line Thomas up on Awuzie on critical downs, so he will need safety help.

cristglo

Reaction score
I don't know, Kamara is so good. He worries me, and he's the main reason Brees doesn't take sacks due to dump offs. He has a lot more production than Ingram rushing and receiving. I think the key to this game is slowing this game down and keeping up the pressure without blitzing much. And that means shutting down Michael Thomas as well as Kamara, and of course applying a healthy dose of Zeke. Our offense just has to click. Since the Boys don't move CBs around they're probably going to line Thomas up on Awuzie on critical downs, so he will need safety help.
I agree karma scares the heck out of me. expect them to use him like philly used Zack and he is explosive wilson is liable IMO and dont like the dbs we have to play more Db's

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I hope that Richard takes notes of that because we are getting killed on defense with that and you can be sure that Brees will be looking at that and the match ups.
I know for a fact that Sean is scheming several different plays with several different players to attack us. In fact the play that Vernon scored a TD on the Saints ran the same exact play with a WR (Lewis) and scored on it on TG. So some of it is already in their playbook.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I always go into the Saints games with high expectations, but then they put 40 first downs on our defense like they did a few years ago.

I'm going into the game this time just casually optimistic.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It's hard to keep rolling like they are every week. You'd think they'll have a game before the playoffs where they look mortal. You have to hope this is that game. Only then is it winnable.

But I think it's far more likely we have a three way tie for the division lead after next weekend.

With the Wentzinator coming to Dallas looking for revenge.

Bad things, man.

Yes, it is called the law of averages.

Xeven

Reaction score
Garret lacks ability to make adjustments. If we do not come in with multiple strategies they will adjust to our scheme and destroy us. Garret need a game plan that includes total differs look in second half. Sean will eat Garret alive if game comes down to strategy and ability to adjust.

If we do anything successful Sean will adjust and shut it dow. Garret will flail at that point and keep trying the same thing over and over, rather that pulling ace out of his sleeve he will fold.