CFZ Salary cap myths and other misunderstandings of player pay

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyhowdy, what a can of worms.

Since I was diagnosed w/ Type 2 diabetes 2-3 yrs ago, I've started reading more and more labels. At times it's simply disgusting what we are ingesting.
Dude, totally reversible. I was there. Dropped 50 lbs in 6 months on semiglutide. Don't need any meds now. Sure, it has side effects but the pros far outweight the cons and the cons are still better than diabetes. People don't recognize me anymore and i'm wearing clothes I hadn't fit into since the 90's.

Its ALL food. The food manufacturers put seed oils and sugar in everything. Its absolutely disgusting. Half the stuff on our grocery shelves isn't considered food in europe and sales of such are not legal. So, food manufacturers actually make the food healthier for Europeans bc they demand it. We are sheep.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dude, totally reversible. I was there. Dropped 50 lbs in 6 months on semiglutide. Don't need any meds now. Sure, it has side effects but the pros far outweight the cons and the cons are still better than diabetes. People don't recognize me anymore and i'm wearing clothes I hadn't fit into since the 90's.

Its ALL food. The food manufacturers put seed oils and sugar in everything. Its absolutely disgusting. Half the stuff on our grocery shelves isn't considered food in europe and sales of such are not legal. So, food manufacturers actually make the food healthier for Europeans bc they demand it. We are sheep.
Sugar is poison to our bodies. Has an absolute multitude of negative effects. Suppresses our immune system big time. Mess w/ your sleep cycle. Since I got off of sugar, my sleep need has been reduced by 1-2 hours, and I wake up more refreshed and have more energy. There are now possible ties being made to sugar and cancer.

My niece is going to school in Germany, and has told me many stories. Did you know the bread they have there doesn't make you gain weight?

wecasa

Reaction score
I dont know why any player on the roster would want to sign for less that all they could get. They have to know they aren't winning a super bowl so why not get the bag? It seems dallas would be the perfect destination to grow your brand and not have the expectations of winning holding you back.

If you want to get paid, go to Dallas.

If you want to win, go elsewhere.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sugar is poison to our bodies. Has an absolute multitude of negative effects. Suppresses our immune system big time. Mess w/ your sleep cycle. Since I got off of sugar, my sleep need has been reduced by 1-2 hours, and I wake up more refreshed and have more energy. There are now possible ties being made to sugar and cancer.

My niece is going to school in Germany, and has told me many stories. Did you know the bread they have there doesn't make you gain weight?
The grains there are not sprayed with glyphosate like they are here and thats just one difference. We had a family friend wwith IBS who has to eat a gluten free diet here to avoid symptoms. She goes to Italy this summer and can eat anything there without IBS symptoms. Even the pasta is healthy.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The grains there are not sprayed with glyphosate like they are here and thats just one difference. We had a family friend wwith IBS who has to eat a gluten free diet here to avoid symptoms. She goes to Italy this summer and can eat anything there without IBS symptoms. Even the pasta is healthy.
it is the chemicals we ingest that makes our bodies sick.
natural foods in moderation along with good exercise is how you have a healthy body

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it is the chemicals we ingest that makes our bodies sick.
natural foods in moderation along with good exercise is how you have a healthy body
@kskboys and @atlantacowboy ….Preaching it! Good stuff. I used to run marathons and was super healthy. After surviving kidney cancer and some back issues a few years I’m not as lean as I used to be. This is a good reminder about getting fully healthy again!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming…

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Mahomes originally signed the highest NFL deal and still is getting money added to that deal with a restructure becoming the largest deal over a four year span. He's not really taking less, the long term deal makes it easier to restructure and spread that cost out.

"Mahomes became the highest-paid player in the NFL when he signed a 10-year extension worth $450 million during the 2020 offseason. His cap hit for 2024 was set at $58.6 million, according to Spotrac. The platform now has his numbers against the cap estimated to be $37 million in 2024, $66.2 million in 2025 and $68.6 million in 2026.

This latest money move comes after the Chiefs restructured his contract in September 2023, setting Mahomes up to make $208.1 million between 2023 and '26. It was the largest deal over a four-season span in NFL history. At the time, the team said they would revisit his deal in 2026, which likely still stands."

https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-ma...ap-space-for-chiefs-per-report-234347448.html
Thanks for the Mahomes restructured info, greatly appreciated.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I appreciate your view my friend. But sorry that’s not really true that Mahomes is “taking less”. It’s pretty easy to look up the way the chiefs have restructured his deal in 2023.

Mahomes took “market value” when he signed that big deal in 2020 and in 2023 that contract was also restructured. The idea that Mahomes is taking less is somewhat misleading.
Thanks Bobby, another poster showed me a breakdown of Mahomes' salary so the story of him not asking for more money is very misleading and should be taken down.

kskboys

Reaction score
Thanks Bobby, another poster showed me a breakdown of Mahomes' salary so the story of him not asking for more money is very misleading and should be taken down.
Yes, it's not about taking less, it's about the team friendly contract that allows them to keep pushing the money into the future so they can stay in super bowl contention.