Sam Darnold Cleared

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nope. I’ll wait until the offseason to see the changes that we make. They aren’t worth my viewing. :thumbup:

Not sure if you are saying you won't watch the team until next year if the defense is awful again. I can't bring myself to do that even in our worst seasons.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You don’t need Brady or Wilson to check down to Bell in the flat every play. :p

Darnold could have a subpar game and it won't matter if this defense bails him out by letting Bell easily run the ball on them all game long.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A 31-7 loss to the Jets might actually get Garrett fired.

I guess it's possible, especially with the rumors about Richard. Wouldn't be the first time that Jerry gave someone a vote of confidence only to turn around and change his mind.

I think it would take a disaster like that, though, to cause it.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Our D will make him look good.
teamwork.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can you imagine the media if the Cowboys lost to the Jets?

Can you imagine the meltdown the fans on this board will have if the Cowboys lost to the Jets and Le’Veon Bell rushes for 100+ yards? Bell hasn’t rushed for more than 68 yards in any game this season and is averaging 2.9 a carry. He’s due to have a breakout game and the Cowboys run defense might be just what he needs to get on track.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Can you imagine the meltdown the fans on this board would have it the Cowboys lost to the Jets and Le’Veon Bell rushes for 100+ yards? Bell hasn’t rushed for more than 68 yards in any game this season and is averaging 2.9 a carry.
Marinelli's 1990s defense is the cure for what ails you

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Can you imagine the meltdown the fans on this board would have it the Cowboys lost to the Jets and Le’Veon Bell rushes for 100+ yards? Bell hasn’t rushed for more than 68 yards in any game this season and is averaging 2.9 a carry.

Jets have played some pretty good defenses, though. Bills and Patriots are both top 5 defenses, as well as division rivals, and they also played Cleveland (Myles Garrett is pretty good), and the Eagles, who's secondary kind of sucks, but their Run D is serviceable enough. Our defense is top 30 at best. This game is more evenly matched than we believe.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our defense is top 30 at best. This game is more evenly matched than we believe.

Believe it or not our defense ranks 6th overall and we’re 13th against the run. We’re ranked number one in total offense.

aria

Reaction score
They are winless because their starting QB has been being sick. That's no longer the case. Bad O line or not, the Cowboys are about to take their 3rd "L" if they take this game lightly.
He’ll have 5 days to prepare for his second game of the season, the first of which he had a mid 40’s QBR. He wasn’t doing much last year either and their O line is trash. People making waaaaay too much out this.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can you imagine the meltdown the fans on this board will have if the Cowboys lost to the Jets and Le’Veon Bell rushes for 100+ yards? Bell hasn’t rushed for more than 68 yards in any game this season and is averaging 2.9 a carry. He’s due to have a breakout game and the Cowboys run defense might be just what he needs to get on track.

Of course the Cowboys run defense is what he needs to get going. And I'm not going to feel confident about them unless they show on a consistent basis that they can stop and limit good to consistent RBs.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Believe it or not our defense ranks 6th overall and we’re 13th against the run.

They must've mistyped some numbers or done some of the analytics wrong cause I can't believe that. I literally just hooted with laughter out loud when I read that :lmao2:.

I think it's more like this--
Believe it or not our defense ranks 26th overall and we’re 23rd against the run.