Sam Howell to start against Cowboys

mldardy

Reaction score
Not because of Howell, necessarily, but this feels a little bit like a trap game.
There is no ****** trap. This game is to seal the division title. Some of you think every game against a lesser team is a trap game. There is no such thing as a trap game anyway. You either win or you lose like every other game on the schedule.

9of11

Reaction score
Well, we have a history of making below average QB's look like Tom Brady...I hope that doesnt show up this game...

ghst187

Reaction score
They need to evaluate Howell more, Brissett would be if they were planning to win, and frankly scares me more.

Havic

Reaction score
Based on our road performances, it should be expected to be close. That doesn't mean we can't pull away at some point. Remember game 1 on the road at NYG? I would love to sandwich this season with another 40-0 road win at the end.
True boys fashion to give up an extra home field game cause we can’t close out

darealvelle

Reaction score
Washington would be stupid to let go of the 2nd draft pick just so dallas dont win the division.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How fitting.

Last year Howell's first career start was a meaningless win for Washington in the finale.

This year Howell's last career start will be a meaningless loss for Washington in the finale.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Last game of last year we were in a similar position except Philly had to lose and we had to win to win the division. Dak vs Howell, we lost 26-6 Dak was terrible.

links18

Reaction score
How is this a trap game. If the Cowboys win they get the 2nd seed and probably two games at home. If anything the Cowboys should play Washington like it’s Philadelphia.
Because everyone is expecting a cake walk, crown 'em champs, game.

lkelly

Reaction score
I think it's worth watching to see if Fromm is listed as the backup (is Brissett really hurt or is there no reason to look at him since he'll be a free agent). If that's the case, don't be surprised if Fromm gets Nate Sudfeld snaps in the second half.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He beat us last year at Washington. He has had a few good games this season. We better be prepared. We have a lot riding on this game.
Not that past results necessarily matter, but if you want to play that game, Dallas whupped Washington and Howell to the tune of 45-10 on Thanksgiving so I don't think they need to be quaking in their boots.

Dallas is by far the superior team and has literally everything to lose here while Washington's players are probably already thinking about cleaning out their lockers and where they're going to go for vacation.

Even by Cowboys standards, it would be pretty stunning if they laid an egg for this one.