Sam Howell to start against Cowboys

Jayinem

Reaction score
Not that past results necessarily matter, but if you want to play that game, Dallas whupped Washington and Howell to the tune of 45-10 on Thanksgiving so I don't think they need to be quaking in their boots.

Dallas is by far the superior team and has literally everything to lose here while Washington's players are probably already thinking about cleaning out their lockers and where they're going to go for vacation.

Even by Cowboys standards, it would be pretty stunning if they laid an egg for this one.
You could argue at home vs. road where we're a different team. Anyway we damn sure better win this game it'd be pathetic if it was like last season.

starfan1

Reaction score
He beat us last year at Washington. He has had a few good games this season. We better be prepared. We have a lot riding on this game.
I think we will be but it would be so dallas to not be.San fran didnt destroy them last week it was 13-10 at half and they playbetter on road than we do.i dont envy the game thread if we dont destroy them

JustChip

Reaction score
Not that past results necessarily matter, but if you want to play that game, Dallas whupped Washington and Howell to the tune of 45-10 on Thanksgiving so I don't think they need to be quaking in their boots.

Dallas is by far the superior team and has literally everything to lose here while Washington's players are probably already thinking about cleaning out their lockers and where they're going to go for vacation.

Even by Cowboys standards, it would be pretty stunning if they laid an egg for this one.
My bigger concern is the Cowboys come out geeked and that causes stupid mistakes. Dak airmails throws early because of adrenaline.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Part 1 was one of the best moments of this season.
By far and what made it better.....was it happened right in front of my fam.

You could see the whole play unfolding and Bland break on the ball. After that all I remember is mass screaming and high fives with people I never met before in my life.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
He beat us last year at Washington. He has had a few good games this season. We better be prepared. We have a lot riding on this game.
He also leads the league with 19 ints. Can see him going conservative this week...gives Bland a chance to extend his record pick six.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think we will be but it would be so dallas to not be.San fran didnt destroy them last week it was 13-10 at half and they playbetter on road than we do.i dont envy the game thread if we dont destroy them
San Francisco was coming off a short week against the Ravens that might have been a Superbowl preview. Let alone the 49ers are a West Coast team playing Washington at 1PM. Dallas played Saturday and Washington stadium will be full of Cowboys fans. You will actually hear the hear we go cadence on the road.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys will be well served top prepare for this game like a playoff game and put the Commanders away in the 1st half.

starfan1

Reaction score
San Francisco was coming off a short week against the Ravens that might have been a Superbowl preview. Let alone the 49ers are a West Coast team playing Washington at 1PM. Dallas played Saturday and Washington stadium will be full of Cowboys fans. You will actually hear the hear we go cadence on the road.
Im glad your confident and hopefully youre right. Ill look for you in the game thread and gladly eat crow. I think the cowboys win but this is absolutely a game they can crap the bed on

Reaction score
Cowboys favored by 2 TD's
Cowboys not good on the road
Forecast is for lousy weather
Definitely take the points here

I still think the Cowboys will win. But it will be close

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This board will completely melt down if we lose.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Are people really worried about playing Sam Howell?? He is not good. We already beat them 45-10 with Howell at QB this year, last year's game is irrelevant. I would've been more worried if Jacoby Brissett got the start. He is more of an unknown, and he throws a nice deep ball. Howell might look decent for a quarter or two, but he will completely fall apart in the 4th quarter.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The Cowboys have been a different team on the road compared to at home. It’s obvious to everyone. If would be stunning if we laid an egg on Sunday but wouldn’t be surprised in the least if we lost. Road games have been a troubling issue this season. We’re average at best on the road which gives Washington a chance.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
How is this a trap game. If the Cowboys win they get the 2nd seed and probably two games at home. If anything the Cowboys should play Washington like it’s Philadelphia.
Because I don't think they care about that.

But it's more the fact that I think they might play arrogant against Washington, after the competition they've faced in the month. It's natural to just think this game will be easier because of how much less talent is on the field against them.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Im glad your confident and hopefully youre right. Ill look for you in the game thread and gladly eat crow. I think the cowboys win but this is absolutely a game they can crap the bed on
You’re not confident the Cowboys can beat Washington? You must think we will lose to the Rams, Seattle, or Green Bay even though the Cowboys have not lost to a team at home in 16 games.